Search found 943 matches

by colmcd
Fri 09 Nov, 2018 5:44 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Politics Super Thread - keep it all in here
Replies: 4965
Views: 149469

Re: Politics Super Thread - keep it all in here

Trump has sacked Sessions and that is going to create havoc one way or another. Because of this action I doubt that Trump will see out his full term. He is already going feral at press conferences. He accused Accosta of CNN of touching the woman whilst holding the microphone - this from the man who...
by colmcd
Fri 09 Nov, 2018 4:14 pm
Forum: Player Contract Rumours & Discussion
Topic: Hayne plane
Replies: 294
Views: 13344

Re: Hayne plane

The Patriot wrote:
Thu 08 Nov, 2018 7:10 pm
My investment would max out at 600k.
Mine would probably max out at 500K, but yes 600K absolute max. (and that is based off performance)
by colmcd
Thu 08 Nov, 2018 5:41 pm
Forum: Player Contract Rumours & Discussion
Topic: Hayne plane
Replies: 294
Views: 13344

Re: Hayne plane

As others have said, I would take him if the price is right. 700-800k is a NO. 350k is a yes, probably up to 500k where he becomes a NO. It would be also on the condition that Hayne would be part of the "big 17". If he wants special treatment we say no. Truth is St George or someone else will outbid...
by colmcd
Thu 08 Nov, 2018 1:08 pm
Forum: Player Contract Rumours & Discussion
Topic: Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..
Replies: 19917
Views: 1334981

Re: Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

He might not look imposing but Thompson does a good job on the wing. Knows how to finish well, can break a tackle and gives his all. I wouldn’t be displacing him to play Momirovski out of position. One of the first players picked. Also handy to have slot in at FB. 1. Moses Mbye 2. David Nofoaluma 3...
by colmcd
Thu 08 Nov, 2018 10:19 am
Forum: Player Contract Rumours & Discussion
Topic: Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..
Replies: 19917
Views: 1334981

Re: Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

I see the warriors have signed our once great centre signing, Tanee Milne. Cronulla are interested in signing Johnston from South .. Holmes, Duggan for fullback and now they want Johnston .. why .. ??. ST George, now that their Director of rugby league Ian Millward and head coach Paul McGregor have...
by colmcd
Wed 07 Nov, 2018 4:45 pm
Forum: Player Contract Rumours & Discussion
Topic: Luke Brooks
Replies: 606
Views: 36125

Re: Luke Brooks

"The bottom line is that if the Roosters want Luke Brooks, they will get Luke Brooks," Mark Geyer said on Triple M Rush Hour. Why is it that everyone makes the same assumption and openly states it. Why will the Roosters necessarily get Luke Brooks? What are they offering that other clubs won't or c...
by colmcd
Wed 07 Nov, 2018 4:43 pm
Forum: Player Contract Rumours & Discussion
Topic: Luke Brooks
Replies: 606
Views: 36125

Re: Luke Brooks

MM on nose at Parra, Tells you something At a low cost, would be a good pick up for us. Bravo. :master: I could not think of a comment more likely to get a reaction on this forum... Ok Maybe make Issac Moses in charge of the board and Joe Wehbe head coach. If we have the Eels subsidise his contract...
by colmcd
Wed 07 Nov, 2018 4:37 pm
Forum: Player Contract Rumours & Discussion
Topic: Luke Brooks
Replies: 606
Views: 36125

Re: Luke Brooks

From what i understand there are no direct quotes from anyone either Roosters or Tigers in relation to Luke brooks. This is nothing more than a rumour, started by The Mole i think it was. Even if he was 100% sure he wanted to stay, his manager would be wise to "leak" a story like this to up his pri...
by colmcd
Wed 07 Nov, 2018 11:49 am
Forum: Player Contract Rumours & Discussion
Topic: Luke Brooks
Replies: 606
Views: 36125

Re: Luke Brooks

If Brooks goes does go. Does anyone actually think we will end up with someone better? I say we are about an 80% chance of getting someone worse. 10% chance of getting someone equal to Brooks and a 10% chance of getting someone better. Not sure how accurate but here's the list of halves off contrac...
by colmcd
Tue 06 Nov, 2018 5:13 pm
Forum: Player Contract Rumours & Discussion
Topic: Luke Brooks
Replies: 606
Views: 36125

Re: Luke Brooks

For me personally, we are toast without Brooks. Doesn't miss games, getting better every year, just needs some decent players around him. I believe we are creating a stronger, more consistent side. He is our marquee player moving forward. Madge will take him to the next level. If he goes, its going...
by colmcd
Tue 06 Nov, 2018 5:01 pm
Forum: Player Contract Rumours & Discussion
Topic: Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..
Replies: 19917
Views: 1334981

Re: Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

I see the warriors have signed our once great centre signing, Tanee Milne. Cronulla are interested in signing Johnston from South .. Holmes, Duggan for fullback and now they want Johnston .. why .. ??. ST George, now that their Director of rugby league Ian Millward and head coach Paul McGregor have...
by colmcd
Tue 06 Nov, 2018 10:10 am
Forum: Player Contract Rumours & Discussion
Topic: Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..
Replies: 19917
Views: 1334981

Re: Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

I'd sign Brooks for 4 years for 800-900k Imo he is only worth about 700k. He has no Origin experience. He has no finals experience. Basically he hasnt performed under pressure at the top level. Until he does he doesnt warrant that kind of money and id be happy for the club to draw a line around tha...
by colmcd
Tue 06 Nov, 2018 9:22 am
Forum: Super League & International Rugby League
Topic: Sam Burgess - No. 1 Grub
Replies: 16
Views: 1201

Re: Sam Burgess - No. 1 Grub

Yea, it's George.

I reckon this will hurt Penrith's next season. Often when one eye goes the sight in the other is impaired. Hope DWZ recovers.

If DWZ is out for the season, George Burgess should have the book thrown at him. 12 Games minimum.
by colmcd
Mon 05 Nov, 2018 5:05 pm
Forum: Player Contract Rumours & Discussion
Topic: Luke Brooks
Replies: 606
Views: 36125

Re: Luke Brooks

Pawsandclaws wrote:
Mon 05 Nov, 2018 1:12 pm
Spartan117 wrote:
Mon 05 Nov, 2018 12:41 pm
MM on nose at Parra, Tells you something
At a low cost, would be a good pick up for us.
Bravo. :master:

I could not think of a comment more likely to get a reaction on this forum... Ok Maybe make Issac Moses in charge of the board and Joe Wehbe head coach.
by colmcd
Fri 02 Nov, 2018 4:08 pm
Forum: Wests Tigers
Topic: Will we make the 8 in 2019?
Replies: 67
Views: 1865

Re: Will we make the 8 in 2019?

no. I think there is more improvement in the teams who finished below us in 2018. cant see any team dropping out of the top 8 from 2018,either. hope springs eternal,of course. Really. I can see improvement in the knights if they get Klemmer. But Manly I see nothing. Titans will do better but not to...
by colmcd
Thu 01 Nov, 2018 11:15 pm
Forum: Wests Tigers
Topic: Will we make the 8 in 2019?
Replies: 67
Views: 1865

Re: Will we make the 8 in 2019?

no. I think there is more improvement in the teams who finished below us in 2018. cant see any team dropping out of the top 8 from 2018,either. hope springs eternal,of course. Really. I can see improvement in the knights if they get Klemmer. But Manly I see nothing. Titans will do better but not to...
by colmcd
Thu 01 Nov, 2018 3:36 pm
Forum: Wests Tigers
Topic: Will we make the 8 in 2019?
Replies: 67
Views: 1865

Re: Will we make the 8 in 2019?

So here is the 16, I don't see 1-7 not being in the 8. Rabbits will be a little shaken and maybe Cook will get injured, but I think they will be there. Likewise Sharks and Storm, they will go down but will still be there. Dragons will be in the 8 I think. Warriors won't be if they loose Johnson. If ...
by colmcd
Thu 01 Nov, 2018 3:33 pm
Forum: Player Contract Rumours & Discussion
Topic: Hayne plane
Replies: 294
Views: 13344

Re: Hayne plane

If he comes - It HAS to be for Fullback. I don't think he's worth the money if you remotely consider playing him elsewhere. Remembering Mbye has a lot of experience playing in the Halves. I would be going 1. Hayne 6. Mbye 7. Brooks 9. Farah - 14. Reynolds Why does everyone push the Fullback? You ha...