Anyone else getting sick of this?

ImageImageImage
hellman

Re: Anyone else getting sick of this?

Post by hellman » Fri 06 Jul, 2012 9:54 pm

Benji was terrible. I can't say much else. I love the guy but he simply isn't stepping up when we need him too.

bundyboy

Post by bundyboy » Fri 06 Jul, 2012 9:54 pm

They looked like bumbling bumble bees out there . Sheens has to go and Marshall needs to find another career , I can't cope with his inept performances anymore!

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Fri 06 Jul, 2012 9:54 pm

In one word....YES.

Theres a few things i just cant handle at the moment. The 7 straight wins were a myth. We wernt playing well, and we still arnt.

My biggest gripe tonight is a set of six by the dogs after they scored in the 2nd half. All they did is take the ball forward and we let them make 75 metres....now that set should be shown to our forwards and a mirror handed to each player after they view it.

A few years ago Heighno went through one of the worst form slumps ive ever seen....well Blair is making him look like a star. And i cant cop this line of thinking that Blair is used to more stuctured play...thats crap. He's just simply in terrible form. He played well for NZ and they only have a week to prepare, so structure has nothing to do with it.

The Inu try was a disgrace. Siro slid across and went for the outside man, that was the right move as Heighno was pushing across on the inside....but for some unbelievable reason, Heighno went for the outside man too and allowed Inu to slip back inside. Terrible decision by Heighno.

Benji's kicking....come on. This is a guy who would practise these kicks endlessly....how can he come up with those kicks in the 2nd half???

And how the hell did Cashmere stand there not knowing what to do when we had a 4 man overlap???? I dont care if he's a front rower, he has a brain doesnt he??? If u play football all your life u know u have to pass the ball if u have a huge overlap.

How frustrating is it to hear commentators talk about how important speed is when we have none and Sheens just wont add speed to our backline??

Now, all thats off my chest.

Great game by our 2 front rowers. Fulton tried hard. Beau was good.

We hung in there against a good and in form team, so theres still plenty of positives. Farah would have made a huge difference.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Fri 06 Jul, 2012 9:55 pm

Benji at half does not appear to be working at all, he needs to be 2 wide of the ruck, he has to run the ball more. Why he's not being played to his strengths I don't know, it doesn't make any sense.

Dr Ice

Post by Dr Ice » Fri 06 Jul, 2012 9:55 pm

Black Orange White wrote:I can handle losing. I can't handle or accept not trying on defense, not trying on offense, playing the game like a joke. Us as fans just want them to put 100% in every game. They can't even do that.
We do look disinterested at times. A lot of people have been bagging Iosefa in past games. At least he has a go. His biggest problem is being over enthusiastic.

Tbone

Post by Tbone » Fri 06 Jul, 2012 9:57 pm

Humble pretty much put his first grade career in jeopardy this week with Iosefa having a good game, molten resigning and his match to forget tonight. He started well then turned to dust with 2 critical errors in attack in the 20. Looks like Lote has done the same.

philgood

Post by philgood » Fri 06 Jul, 2012 9:57 pm

Have been saying it all along and i'll say it again:

STEVE FOLKES MADE TIM SHEENS LOOK GOOD THE PREVIOUS 3 YEARS WE MADE THE PLAY OFFS!!!

Time to retire Sheens

hellman

Post by hellman » Fri 06 Jul, 2012 10:01 pm

king sirro wrote:The Inu try was a disgrace. Siro slid across and went for the outside man, that was the right move as Heighno was pushing across on the inside....but for some unbelievable reason, Heighno went for the outside man too and allowed Inu to slip back inside. Terrible decision by Heighno.
I thought that was all on Sirro. As was the miss on Barba. I don't think he can play in the defensive line in first grade yet.

I also thought Blair was a lot better today and it gives me some hope.

willow

Post by willow » Fri 06 Jul, 2012 10:02 pm

philgood wrote:Have been saying it all along and i'll say it again:

STEVE FOLKES MADE TIM SHEENS LOOK GOOD THE PREVIOUS 3 YEARS WE MADE THE PLAY OFFS!!!

Time to retire Sheens
That's crap.

Tigerspirit

Post by Tigerspirit » Fri 06 Jul, 2012 10:03 pm

1. Sheens has nothing left
2. Marshall has lost his agility and is no halfback.
3. Lawrence has lost his speed.
4. Majority of big buys of the year, pathetic.
5. We sold our ruck defence last year.
6. Where playing the same style footy but with no speed??? Sheens needs to realise this,
7. Totally agree with cnx first post.

philgood

Post by philgood » Fri 06 Jul, 2012 10:06 pm

willow wrote:
philgood wrote:Have been saying it all along and i'll say it again:

Time to retire Sheens
That's crap.
How is it crap? Is it just a coincidence that we made the semis and our defence IMPROVED OUT OF SIGHT when Steve Folkes came on board?

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 06 Jul, 2012 10:07 pm

king sirro wrote:In one word....YES.

Theres a few things i just cant handle at the moment. The 7 straight wins were a myth. We wernt playing well, and we still arnt.

My biggest gripe tonight is a set of six by the dogs after they scored in the 2nd half. All they did is take the ball forward and we let them make 75 metres....now that set should be shown to our forwards and a mirror handed to each player after they view it.

A few years ago Heighno went through one of the worst form slumps ive ever seen....well Blair is making him look like a star. And i cant cop this line of thinking that Blair is used to more stuctured play...thats crap. He's just simply in terrible form. He played well for NZ and they only have a week to prepare, so structure has nothing to do with it.

The Inu try was a disgrace. Siro slid across and went for the outside man, that was the right move as Heighno was pushing across on the inside....but for some unbelievable reason, Heighno went for the outside man too and allowed Inu to slip back inside. Terrible decision by Heighno.

Benji's kicking....come on. This is a guy who would practise these kicks endlessly....how can he come up with those kicks in the 2nd half???

And how the hell did Cashmere stand there not knowing what to do when we had a 4 man overlap???? I dont care if he's a front rower, he has a brain doesnt he??? If u play football all your life u know u have to pass the ball if u have a huge overlap.

How frustrating is it to hear commentators talk about how important speed is when we have none and Sheens just wont add speed to our backline??

Now, all thats off my chest.

Great game by our 2 front rowers. Fulton tried hard. Beau was good.

We hung in there against a good and in form team, so theres still plenty of positives. Farah would have made a huge difference.
You know what pissed me off most They come out after half time walking down the race laughing, joking ,too relaxed and what happens

What the hell is being said to them to have them walking onto the ground in our most important game of the season so far in this frame of mind

I know they need to be relaxed but that is ridiculous
Benji should of been walking down the race backwards and reminding themand reinforcing what Sheens game plan is

Tigerspirit

Post by Tigerspirit » Fri 06 Jul, 2012 10:07 pm

Not crap at all??? We have no defence when teams start playing panic football?? We crack every single time.

monaro97

Post by monaro97 » Fri 06 Jul, 2012 10:08 pm

Yep. This is absolutely ordinary. Clean house 2013, heighno is finished, too much shuffle runs by forwards, no strike weapons from the bench, no feared defence, no pressure, poor attitude, god this hurts.

Is there honestly anyone in bret especially backs that could come through? Something?

Reddy runs back and outside in defence, runs away from his centre, no look turn shoulder.

Is santi ready? This koroibete people talk about? Lovett? Someone with some punch and sting?

That was the slowest backline i have ever seen in rugby league. Why?

Sheens did this to Canberra in the end and here in north qld to the cows.

The attack flair is gone, Benji must be watching Lockyer tapes upside down.

Beau, woods, and masada worth shouting a beer and feed to.

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Fri 06 Jul, 2012 10:09 pm

cnx_tigers wrote:I don't mind us losing, but I HATE the disorganised / lack of structure / no real half back / no attempts at repeats / just ad lib footy.....

The whole Sheens / Benji era has worn me out.

Hasler has given the Dogs an identity in just six months. I am sick of hearing commentators say 'what was that?"...after we blow a key possession.

This isn't a 'team'. It's a bunch of footy players playing ad lib and when Benji's 'on', we look good. When he's off, we are pathetically bad.

Should Sheens even get paid for this stuff? Just about anyone could send them out to play off the cuff all season.

I just want a structured footy team again.
But cnx, we're such a clinical team - just ask Dessie :lol:
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

monkey

Post by monkey » Fri 06 Jul, 2012 10:10 pm

I don't get excited when we play anymore instead I get nervous on what the boys will produce . When we are good were awesome but when we are terrible were crap

Tbone

Post by Tbone » Fri 06 Jul, 2012 10:11 pm

hellman wrote:
king sirro wrote:The Inu try was a disgrace. Siro slid across and went for the outside man, that was the right move as Heighno was pushing across on the inside....but for some unbelievable reason, Heighno went for the outside man too and allowed Inu to slip back inside. Terrible decision by Heighno.
I thought that was all on Sirro. As was the miss on Barba. I don't think he can play in the defensive line in first grade yet.

I also thought Blair was a lot better today and it gives me some hope.
I'll have to rewatch it but to me it looked like Lawrence was too slow to get back in the line and cover after rushing in. I think his initial decision to rush in was ok but it left the inside open later. Someone had to be there. There was a massive hole and no one within ten meters.

tiger jim

Post by tiger jim » Fri 06 Jul, 2012 10:13 pm

I would not call 5one run ups and kick and hope ab lib i call bad coaching and bloody boring