Benji

ImageImageImage
willow

Re: Benji

Post by willow » Fri 06 Jul, 2012 10:10 pm

cnx_tigers wrote:
willow wrote:He has played worse than that. 2 try assists tonight, without him the Tigers lose by 22, not 12.
Both were off fluke kicks.

He had a shocker mate.
Flukes? Watch the replay, both kicks were deliberate. Without we wouldn't have scored a point by halftime.

shano

Post by shano » Fri 06 Jul, 2012 10:11 pm

I've said this before, Benji is a freakish talent with the ball in his hands, with room to move, side stepping, no look passes etc Unfortunately he is not playing his natural style of play because he has been given the kicking duties. Every week we see a couple of kicks that leads to tries and then another 10 or so that are very bad. It is below average when you compare to all the other playmaker/kickers in the game. They don't do as many bad kicks per game.

Have a look at the last few weeks stats and see how many metres Benji has actually run? It's amongst the least of any player in our side which is alarming because he is best when he is running with the ball. Instead, we have Benji simply catching and immediately either passing or kicking. The team is not leveraging his strengths. Kicking is not his strength!!!

stryker

Post by stryker » Fri 06 Jul, 2012 10:11 pm

Remember the good old days when Benji was an arrogant ball runner who always looked for holes in the defence no matter how far out from the tryline he was?

Those days are done. It has been coached out of him. I dont just blame Sheens for this. I suspect there are some ex players who have been in his ear as well. I have no proof of this but just judging by the comments in the box during games I have a sneaking suspicion he has been steered away from his natural game by people he respects.

Our attack needs Benji running the ball and drawing defenders so that Rowdy and co have open space to run in. Last year I thought Benji carried this side...this year I think he has been pretty ordinary.

bundyboy

Post by bundyboy » Fri 06 Jul, 2012 10:12 pm

Benji just does not have any balls . He's too scared to put his body on the line in defense,too frightened to have a real hit up , has no confidence in trying to gain real metres when kicking for touch. He's a fairy. All of the try's of his kicks tonight were flukes , and nothing will change until he retires.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Fri 06 Jul, 2012 10:13 pm

The best runner of the ball in the game is a catch and pass merchant.

Pathetic.

PYMBLEPETE

Post by PYMBLEPETE » Fri 06 Jul, 2012 10:13 pm

shano wrote:I've said this before, Benji is a freakish talent with the ball in his hands, with room to move, side stepping, no look passes etc Unfortunately he is not playing his natural style of play because he has been given the kicking duties. Every week we see a couple of kicks that leads to tries and then another 10 or so that are very bad. It is below average when you compare to all the other playmaker/kickers in the game. They don't do as many bad kicks per game.

Have a look at the last few weeks stats and see how many metres Benji has actually run? It's amongst the least of any player in our side which is alarming because he is best when he is running with the ball. Instead, we have Benji simply catching and immediately either passing or kicking. The team is not leveraging his strengths. Kicking is not his strength!!!
Exactly right Shano; and one can only assume this is the way he is being coached to play.

tigerlogic

Post by tigerlogic » Fri 06 Jul, 2012 10:13 pm

CAREER WORST FORM!!!!!

Sabre

Post by Sabre » Fri 06 Jul, 2012 10:13 pm

throw Jordan Marshall into First Grade maybe it will bring out the best in Benji.....

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 06 Jul, 2012 10:14 pm

willow wrote:He has played worse than that. 2 try assists tonight, without him the Tigers lose by 22, not 12.
Probably right Willow , but when did he last play a decent game against full strength Top 4 opposition

We don't need to be making excuses for him , we need to be demanding answers

Is he having shoulder issues again ??

claws

Post by claws » Fri 06 Jul, 2012 10:15 pm

It was too slippery for any type of jinking runs or side steps tonight. Give him a break. I don't recall anyone doing this type of running from either team. Yeah, he missed a few tackles, when the others are back he will be OK.

RatedRKO

Post by RatedRKO » Fri 06 Jul, 2012 10:19 pm

claws wrote:It was too slippery for any type of jinking runs or side steps tonight. Give him a break. I don't recall anyone doing this type of running from either team. Yeah, he missed a few tackles, when the others are back he will be OK.
Running it seemed to work for Iosefa...

Citizen Tiger

Post by Citizen Tiger » Fri 06 Jul, 2012 10:20 pm

Tap Twist Snap wrote:He is not a halfback. Will never be a halfback. As a senior player he really needs to get his act together out of position or not.
Correct, he's no more a halfback than Moltzen is a fullback. The former reduced to predictability and the latter made to deal with high balls he's clearly not that keen about

I'd like to see Moltzen at 7, with Siro at 6 and Marshall moved to the centers, if for no other reason than to let him focus and using or creating space, with minimum responsibility. Moltzen has wonderful hands and vision, as well as a solid kicking game. Snowballs chance of happening, but one can dream

tiga4eva

Post by tiga4eva » Fri 06 Jul, 2012 10:20 pm

claws wrote:It was too slippery for any type of jinking runs or side steps tonight. Give him a break. I don't recall anyone doing this type of running from either team. Yeah, he missed a few tackles, when the others are back he will be OK.
How about when the others are out he step up and lead the team instead of arm grabbing and poorly executing. That's what leaders do.

bythebeardofzeus

Post by bythebeardofzeus » Fri 06 Jul, 2012 10:23 pm

I think it's time to give miller a go at halfback. Move benji back to 5/8, his strongest position, we're missing his running game!! Put Sirro in the centre's & give aysh a spell in reserves. Not sure how long lote is out for but might be a good opp to give one of the 20's wingers a run. We've really had no spark in the backline all year & need to shake things up. On the bright side our props are going strong!!

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 06 Jul, 2012 10:23 pm

Citizen Tiger wrote:
Tap Twist Snap wrote:He is not a halfback. Will never be a halfback. As a senior player he really needs to get his act together out of position or not.
Correct, he's no more a halfback than Moltzen is a fullback. The former reduced to predictability and the latter made to deal with high balls he's clearly not that keen about

I'd like to see Moltzen at 7, with Siro at 6 and Marshall moved to the centers, if for no other reason than to let him focus and using or creating space, with minimum responsibility. Moltzen has wonderful hands and vision, as well as a solid kicking game. Snowballs chance of happening, but one can dream
You have to be kidding right about Benji in the centres

He defended at centre tonight and he was atrocious to be honest .

Citizen Tiger

Post by Citizen Tiger » Fri 06 Jul, 2012 10:24 pm

bundyboy wrote:Benji just does not have any balls . He's too scared to put his body on the line in defense,too frightened to have a real hit up , has no confidence in trying to gain real metres when kicking for touch. He's a fairy. All of the try's of his kicks tonight were flukes , and nothing will change until he retires.

Long time since I've seen someone make a such a fool of themselves, congrats

stryker

Post by stryker » Fri 06 Jul, 2012 10:25 pm

RatedRKO wrote:
Running it seemed to work for Iosefa...
...and Barba and Morris and Reynolds....that is no excuse. He doesnt even have a look anymore. He is setting himself for the 5th tackle kick from the 3rd onwards. Doesnt even have a look out wide. Doggies defence wasnt much better than ours tonight yet we bombed the ball 20 odd times...The few times that guys ran hard at them down their end we scored. Benji Marshall of 2010 would have split them a number of times tonight.

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Fri 06 Jul, 2012 10:27 pm

Touch football player when will the rugby league world realise this. Probably not until he retires.