Benji

ImageImageImage
Citizen Tiger

Re: Benji

Post by Citizen Tiger » Fri 06 Jul, 2012 10:30 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Citizen Tiger wrote:
Tap Twist Snap wrote:He is not a halfback. Will never be a halfback. As a senior player he really needs to get his act together out of position or not.
Correct, he's no more a halfback than Moltzen is a fullback. The former reduced to predictability and the latter made to deal with high balls he's clearly not that keen about

I'd like to see Moltzen at 7, with Siro at 6 and Marshall moved to the centers, if for no other reason than to let him focus and using or creating space, with minimum responsibility. Moltzen has wonderful hands and vision, as well as a solid kicking game. Snowballs chance of happening, but one can dream
You have to be kidding right about Benji in the centres

He defended at centre tonight and he was atrocious to be honest .
I'm not talking about his defence, I'm suggesting he relinquish the role of playmaker and rediscover his attacking mojo by running at or creating, space, something thats clearly more possible at left centre than first receiver

tiger jim

Post by tiger jim » Fri 06 Jul, 2012 10:31 pm

Get the poor bugger back to 5/8 and get a bloody half back, sure he had a bad one has he ever had a good one at half i suspect not

eyewonder

Post by eyewonder » Fri 06 Jul, 2012 10:32 pm

can someone please tap benji and sheens on the shoulder please.wake up and change the best ball runner in the history of wests or balmain back to five eight.

Added to that,Sironen was invisible tonight.Must have been tired from reading all his positive press.

Play sironen at halfback i don't care.

We ve got nothing if marshall doesn't play his running game.

tigertales

Post by tigertales » Fri 06 Jul, 2012 10:33 pm

He was dreadful in attack and worse in defence. He didn't take the line on, his kicking was awful. Worst performance from him in a long time.

Posted using RoarFEED

boonboon

Post by boonboon » Fri 06 Jul, 2012 10:36 pm

It wasn't Marshall's running game that was the main issue it was his tackling game and that doesent change at half or five eight

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Fri 06 Jul, 2012 10:38 pm

The finger has to be pointed at Sheens, since the worlds best no6 has been moved to no7 his game has gone to a all time low. His defense is now gone back to his rookie days, he dosnt run the ball and his contoll of the game is average. The horse has bolted, but put Humble to 7 or Moltzen and put Benji back to 6. Young Siro is going to be a good player but he was way off the pace tonight, put him back to the bench

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Fri 06 Jul, 2012 10:39 pm

Loved benji's banana kick. Bend it like Benji!

Posted using RoarFEED 2012
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

tigertales

Post by tigertales » Fri 06 Jul, 2012 10:40 pm

No excuses. It was too slippery blah blah blah he is not a halfback blah blah blah Sheens is coaching him wrong blah blah blah what rubbish he is a first grader and there are no excuses for that defence tonight from a senior player. He should have defended well cos he did nothing in attack. He was awful.

Posted using RoarFEED

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 06 Jul, 2012 10:41 pm

Citizen Tiger if he creates 2 tries and lets in three tries he is a liability

Tiger 99 Is Benji having a problem with his left shoulder ??

PM me if you like

Its looks like something isn't right defensively with him and it might explain why he isn't running the ball ??

tiger pom

Post by tiger pom » Fri 06 Jul, 2012 11:59 pm

Benji playing out of position is the main problem.his defence tonight was poor and he doesnt run at the line as much as he used to but how many would like to see him playing against us?

Post by 851 » Sat 07 Jul, 2012 12:33 am

supercoach wrote:The finger has to be pointed at Sheens, since the worlds best no6 has been moved to no7 his game has gone to a all time low. His defense is now gone back to his rookie days, he dosnt run the ball and his contoll of the game is average. The horse has bolted, but put Humble to 7 or Moltzen and put Benji back to 6. Young Siro is going to be a good player but he was way off the pace tonight, put him back to the bench
Anyone who knows football(I will exclude the Sheens lovers)knows Benji at 7 hasn't and will not work,he was a golden boot winner at 6,yet the master insists on musical chairs,this would never happen at any other team in the world,you don't move the best player from his best position,unless you are a moron.
Go hard or go home

tigerbalm

Post by tigerbalm » Sat 07 Jul, 2012 12:44 am

Can't blame sheens cant blame weather can't blame moon can't blame temp Can't blame the ball...benji is quickly becoming a liability. Which sucks cause I was stoked he resigned.

Centaur

Post by Centaur » Sat 07 Jul, 2012 12:49 am

Ahhhhhh.

Couldn't be bothered reading the thread.

But I called it weeks ago - Benji has taken a back seat and it is killing us.

dermo

Post by dermo » Sat 07 Jul, 2012 12:57 am

851 wrote:
supercoach wrote:The finger has to be pointed at Sheens, since the worlds best no6 has been moved to no7 his game has gone to a all time low. His defense is now gone back to his rookie days, he dosnt run the ball and his contoll of the game is average. The horse has bolted, but put Humble to 7 or Moltzen and put Benji back to 6. Young Siro is going to be a good player but he was way off the pace tonight, put him back to the bench
Anyone who knows football(I will exclude the Sheens lovers)knows Benji at 7 hasn't and will not work,he was a golden boot winner at 6,yet the master insists on musical chairs,this would never happen at any other team in the world,you don't move the best player from his best position,unless you are a moron.
Thurston from 7-6
Lockyer from 1-6
Inglis from 4-1
Carney 7-1-6

Benji has more than enough talent to be one of the best 7's in the game, you only have to look at the way he controlled the Canberra game, all the things wrong with his game at the moment wont simply be solved by moving him from 7 to 6 he has to take it upon himself to improve his defence and run the ball more, do you think Thurston suddenly learnt the show and go when he moved to 6 at the start of this year? no one is stopping benji from going out to second receiver for a play or 2 anyway, and he spent alot of time at first receiver when he played 6 anyway.

shifty

Post by shifty » Sat 07 Jul, 2012 1:03 am

We miss that mug rob lui something bad...

milford_magic

Post by milford_magic » Sat 07 Jul, 2012 1:13 am

Im over it. Benji is more than likely in the top 5 or so paid players in the game and he's playing like Luke Walsh. Distribute, kick the ball on the last. Run side ways and turn it back inside.
ITs frustrating to watch Barba run it like he does and have teams hang off him. Benji could easily be a Barba, but he's not even in barbas league.

I dont blame him fully, he has the most unpenetrative outside backs in the comp so they don't help him. But times up really. He's a runner, and if he's not going to run the ball he's no more than an average first grade half. An average first grade half who would then be on 300k too much.

Goose

Post by Goose » Sat 07 Jul, 2012 1:33 am

Benji is trying to play too conservative and play percentages and smart, he is better off doing what he does best, and playing what he sees, and occaisionally stuffing up going for too much. In the modern game half and five eight play a similar role, left and right side, benji has always touched the ball at first receiver alot, he has always played 7, he can do it. With Moltz there it takes pressure off, he can assist with the shifts and ball play a bit from the back,

Tigersmurf

Post by Tigersmurf » Sat 07 Jul, 2012 3:10 am

tiger jim wrote:Get the poor bugger back to 5/8 and get a bloody half back, sure he had a bad one has he ever had a good one at half i suspect not
This is absolute rubbish!! Benji needs to realise fast that he is no longer a running 5/8, but is more of a running fullback. He has not run the ball in a long time. Realise yourself son and excel......