Random Thoughts

ImageImageImage
Dr Ice

Random Thoughts

Post by Dr Ice » Fri 06 Jul, 2012 10:32 pm

How ironic that in 99% of games we have a back (or 2) on the bench, however tonight we don't and we lose a back early on.

Did BMM think that if you play in the backs you can't run the ball?

Our winning % with Heighington in the team this year isn't good.

Linked to the above, Matt Bell seems to be getting less & less game time. I thought he was strong early in the season, especially in defence.

Galloway just can't consistently be the star prop we all though he could be. Sure he is a good player, but I though he would be a regular rep quality player by now.

Surely Koro or Nofo will get a game next week.

I miss Gareth.

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Fri 06 Jul, 2012 10:34 pm

Tom Cruise is a nut.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

Dr Ice

Post by Dr Ice » Fri 06 Jul, 2012 10:38 pm

AmericanHistoryX wrote:Tom Cruise is a nut.

That is exactly what we need in our team.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Fri 06 Jul, 2012 10:44 pm

I suppose when you think of it we went very close to knocking the dogs off minus Farah,Ellis,Moltzen and Utai plus Lote's injury. Taking that into account it was a bloody good effort.

In saying that Benji is not a seven and will never be a seven and Sheens should be held accountable for such a dumb selection.

For all the Blair knockers, he had a massive dig tonight

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Fri 06 Jul, 2012 11:07 pm

Dr Ice wrote:How ironic that in 99% of games we have a back (or 2) on the bench, however tonight we don't and we lose a back early on.

It's called Murphy's Law :lol:

We seem to be the only ones who think they are even in the running!

I miss Gareth.
Me too :(
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

RatedRKO

Post by RatedRKO » Fri 06 Jul, 2012 11:16 pm

Why was BMM in the backs in the first place? Humble to wing, Iosefa to hooker.

Knowing Sheens, with Lote out he will make 5 or 6 changes to accommodate that one position just so we don't use someone from NYC. The Broncos started doing it and look where they care compared to us.

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Fri 06 Jul, 2012 11:16 pm

there is just no agression in defense.. there is no attitude.
i agree wrestling is good for the team (no matter how much i hate it), but our line speed is terrible, no one is getting up on their faces and smashing the forwards.. gibbs did that, i've seen ellis do that a few times, marshall, farah and lawrence do it to the playmakers not the forwards

we need some mongrel in our pack, i thought blair would bring it, but IMO he is just a cheap shot merchant, he only shows mongrel when someone is already held in the tackle

ye just a random thought.. so, what's everyone doing on the weekend?
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Fri 06 Jul, 2012 11:40 pm

Dr Ice wrote:How ironic that in 99% of games we have a back (or 2) on the bench, however tonight we don't and we lose a back early on.

Did BMM think that if you play in the backs you can't run the ball?

Our winning % with Heighington in the team this year isn't good.

Linked to the above, Matt Bell seems to be getting less & less game time. I thought he was strong early in the season, especially in defence.

Galloway just can't consistently be the star prop we all though he could be. Sure he is a good player, but I though he would be a regular rep quality player by now.

I miss Gareth.
Galloway is burnt out, which is to be expected when you start the season short of props and then one or two go down. I don't blame Sauce for that.
Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest!

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Fri 06 Jul, 2012 11:46 pm

Yes Galloway had a dig but looks tired. You can thank Sheens for going into the season two props short. Woods and KG carried us for long periods due to the incompetent recruitment.

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Fri 06 Jul, 2012 11:48 pm

hybrid_tiger wrote:Yes Galloway had a dig but looks tired. You can thank Sheens for going into the season two props short. Woods and KG carried us for long periods due to the incompetent recruitment.
it's sooo funny how MOST of our problems relate (or people relate them) back to sheens :lol:

change himmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

InBenjiWeTrust

Post by InBenjiWeTrust » Fri 06 Jul, 2012 11:54 pm

I think Fulton, Blair and Bell is our best lineup (with Ellis out), unfortunately Heigno is not the player he was 2-3 years ago, he is often too slow in defence and doesn't offer much in attack, the move stops with him, he never progresses more than 1 m and often hugs the ball.

Blake93

Post by Blake93 » Sat 07 Jul, 2012 12:22 am

Player burnout is such a myth. They play 1 game a week and then people say they're "burnt out", stupid excuse

He who is not everyday conquering some fear has not learnt the secret of life.

Anthism

Post by Anthism » Sat 07 Jul, 2012 3:25 am

Blakeeeeeee wrote:Player burnout is such a myth. They play 1 game a week and then people say they're "burnt out", stupid excuse

Love to see you play a tough physical sport especially in the front row and get over injuries and bruising every week. Tell that to a player and see what they think or better yet go do it yourself and see if you can last at your best if your body can handle it. Why do you think the Broncos/Melbourne/Dragons suffered so much AFTER origin last season?

red dogg

Post by red dogg » Sat 07 Jul, 2012 5:27 am

I thought galloway and woods done a great job stopping that dogs pack moving up the park.... thats how they are beating allot of sides... noticed u didnt say anything about the wonder boy benji but him refusing to tackle is costing us games...

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Sat 07 Jul, 2012 6:26 am

hybrid_tiger wrote:Yes Galloway had a dig but looks tired. You can thank Sheens for going into the season two props short. Woods and KG carried us for long periods due to the incompetent recruitment.
A few of us were complaining about that weeks ago when we were winning, it was only a matter of time before Sauce started to run out of puff.

Great idea to get rid of Bryce.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 07 Jul, 2012 6:53 am

Our backline is dysfunctional

Apart from Woods and Keefy we have no go forward

Benji is playing badly and I can't understand why he and Sirro didn't play one side in attack at all to at least try and create something

We miss Farah badly and we are rabble without him

Totally sick of our bad starts to second halves Was I the only one who noticed they were laughing and joking when they came down the race after half time

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 07 Jul, 2012 6:56 am

RatedRKO wrote:Why was BMM in the backs in the first place? Humble to wing, Iosefa to hooker.

Knowing Sheens, with Lote out he will make 5 or 6 changes to accommodate that one position just so we don't use someone from NYC. The Broncos started doing it and look where they care compared to us.
Humble to fullback Beau to wing Common sense isn't it

When Tedesco got injured round 1 , Humble went to fullback and went ok I thought

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Sat 07 Jul, 2012 7:41 am

The last 3 games we hit a wall after 20min. We stop building through the middle, our defensive line stops moving forward and our aggression becomes non existent.

I havent been able to get to games, but I'll presumme the talk is also non existent after the opening exchanges... I'd say we are mentally fatigued!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017