Where is the loyalty ?!

ImageImageImage
Tigerizzed

Where is the loyalty ?!

Post by Tigerizzed » Sat 07 Jul, 2012 12:10 am

Its been quite some years since I have been messaging on the WT forum..And for the past 2 seasons I Have been sitting back and just enjoying other peoples info ( some good and some terrible ) - but it's gotten to the point where I cannot bite my toungue anymore !!

What's with everyone's attitudes directed to the team and coaching staff ?

All I am reading is sack sheens drop him move him bring out him bla bla bla

First of all - if we sack sheens who are we going to replace him with for gods sake ? David Furner ?? Jason Taylor ?? Steven Kerney ?? Wake up to yourselves - you all would be on your knees begging for sheens to come back the 2 weeks after with any of those guys steering the ship !

All these opinion and yes before you all pull out the old "this is a forum and we all have our own opinions " line - use your heads before knocking the coaching staff and team.

I don't know if these people with erratic stoopid remarks are 13 years old and wouldn't have a clue about loyalty and strategy or even how tough it is to have everything fall into place - it don't just happen overnight and it certainly ain't going to solve our current issues.

Our players have complete faith in Tim and will continue too..we just need to e felt the good times with the bad and DO OUR BEST !

Some have Been labeling this recent loss as our worst ever and calling for the dropping of 5 players - with the hope that 5 replacements are going to just rock up next week and blow the opposition away - wtf !!

This is a tough physical game and it's rather easy to completely rubbish someone from behind a keyboard but come on guys - show a little faith and respect for the team we have - I'm sure most of you are throwing things at the tv one minute screaming at a player like Moltzen or Lui in 2010 2011 or even Utai early in the year but then five minutes later your praising them and missing their involvement...it's a complete contradiction and although I know it's an outlet for venting your frustration and sometimes dissoppointed, not all of us have to listen to that dribble week in week out.

Believe in your team and go the Wests Tigers !

P.S I don't care of they don't make the semis or win the comp they are an awesome team and I would rather pay money to watch them play exciting footy and lose by one than watch manly or the dragons grind out a boring 14 point win won by defense and boring plays.

Cheers

Pierre M7

Post by Pierre M7 » Sat 07 Jul, 2012 12:13 am

Tigerizzed wrote:Its been quite some years since I have been messaging on the WT forum..And for the past 2 seasons I Have been sitting back and just enjoying other peoples info ( some good and some terrible ) - but it's gotten to the point where I cannot bite my toungue anymore !!

What's with everyone's attitudes directed to the team and coaching staff ?

All I am reading is sack sheens drop him move him bring out him bla bla bla

First of all - if we sack sheens who are we going to replace him with for gods sake ? David Furner ?? Jason Taylor ?? Steven Kerney ?? Wake up to yourselves - you all would be on your knees begging for sheens to come back the 2 weeks after with any of those guys steering the ship !

All these opinion and yes before you all pull out the old "this is a forum and we all have our own opinions " line - use your heads before knocking the coaching staff and team.

I don't know if these people with erratic stoopid remarks are 13 years old and wouldn't have a clue about loyalty and strategy or even how tough it is to have everything fall into place - it don't just happen overnight and it certainly ain't going to solve our current issues.

Our players have complete faith in Tim and will continue too..we just need to e felt the good times with the bad and DO OUR BEST !

Some have Been labeling this recent loss as our worst ever and calling for the dropping of 5 players - with the hope that 5 replacements are going to just rock up next week and blow the opposition away - wtf !!

This is a tough physical game and it's rather easy to completely rubbish someone from behind a keyboard but come on guys - show a little faith and respect for the team we have - I'm sure most of you are throwing things at the tv one minute screaming at a player like Moltzen or Lui in 2010 2011 or even Utai early in the year but then five minutes later your praising them and missing their involvement...it's a complete contradiction and although I know it's an outlet for venting your frustration and sometimes dissoppointed, not all of us have to listen to that dribble week in week out.

Believe in your team and go the Wests Tigers !

P.S I don't care of they don't make the semis or win the comp they are an awesome team and I would rather pay money to watch them play exciting footy and lose by one than watch manly or the dragons grind out a boring 14 point win won by defense and boring plays.

Cheers
I agree with you, well said!
"One flick and they're gone"

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Sat 07 Jul, 2012 12:15 am

we played terrible, we've been playing terrible, we have played terrible all season... just like we clocked off in 2011, just like we clocked off in 2010, just like we clocked off in 2009.. someone has to take the blame, something has to give... just another "there is nothing wrong with us" thread when clearly there is A LOT wrong with us.

if you have problems with other people pointing it out to you, then dont look at their opinions and stay in your fairyland
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

RatedRKO

Post by RatedRKO » Sat 07 Jul, 2012 12:15 am

Tigerizzed wrote: P.S I don't care of they don't make the semis or win the comp they are an awesome team and I would rather pay money to watch them play exciting footy and lose by one than watch manly or the dragons grind out a boring 14 point win won by defense and boring plays.
You're right. It's not about winning, it's all about having fun!

At the moment we are going for the boring 4 hit ups and bomb and still not coming away with wins. We are playing boring footy and getting smashed doing it. No one can enjoy this. Seriously.

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sat 07 Jul, 2012 12:28 am

I don't know what you're watching but WE DON'T PLAT EXCITING FOOTBALL.

Five hit ups and a terrible hit and hope bomb is not exciting or entertaining.

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Sat 07 Jul, 2012 12:50 am

Where's the team's and this club's loyalty to its supporters?
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

tiger pom

Post by tiger pom » Sat 07 Jul, 2012 12:52 am

This thread has only come to pass for one reason.after the last few seasons the expectations are so high that only a grand final appearance is good enough.we have had below par performances such as the raiders and knights games but the dogs were good tonight and we were perhaps beaten by grand final side.

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Sat 07 Jul, 2012 1:05 am

tiger pom wrote:the dogs were good tonight and we were perhaps beaten by grand final side.
no they werent... i was expecting a loss, not too fussed about the fact that we lost
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

InBenjiWeTrust

Post by InBenjiWeTrust » Sat 07 Jul, 2012 1:40 am

I do not understand supporters who think that everyone shall think like themselves, and therefore, if they think differently - they are definitely wrong, because we 'are the keepers of the stones' and 'know the best.' :)

Perhaps few quotes are in order:

"I love the winning, I can take the losing, but most of all I love this team." (B Becker, paraphrased)

and "The sky did not fall." (J Gillard)

Go Tigers

Tigersmurf

Post by Tigersmurf » Sat 07 Jul, 2012 2:50 am

I have had some time to digest what happened tonight, and you know, I never thought we would win tonights game - even when we were ahead.

Our team was NEVER good enough to beat the dogs and we aren't good enough to beat most of the teams in the top 8. We need to realise this and work out why we arent good enough!

I do not care whom is responsible for the situation we are in, but give a junior a go and see what we can improve. I wish I had have been good enough opportunity to make a difference, but I was not so I am calling on you guys to stand up in my place and and make a difference...........for the good of the club. We will stand by your decision providing it is in the best interests of the club moving forward.

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Sat 07 Jul, 2012 6:12 am

Tigerizzed wrote:

Cheers
Except for the fact we are playing boring with boring plays and we aren't just losing by 1.....

So, we never make the semis or win the comp, with no chance of improving and you think the club won't suffer for that??? Won't lose support, struggle for sponsorship?

Love these, holier-than-thou people. Sorry but some of us want a successful team.

Not caring if they don't make the semi's... :roll:

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 07 Jul, 2012 6:41 am

The scary thing about last night was the Bulldogs were shocking in the first half Completed 9 from 17

Imagine what would of happened ........ :shock:

sunshine coast tiger

Post by sunshine coast tiger » Sat 07 Jul, 2012 7:45 am

hybrid_tiger wrote:I don't know what you're watching but WE DON'T PLAT EXCITING FOOTBALL.

Five hit ups and a terrible hit and hope bomb is not exciting or entertaining.
Agree 100%. Since when have we been a team that relies on the bomb. For mine we lack pace out wide, we have guys in the club with pace that play out wide give them a go. Speed is the best assest you can have as an outside back and for mine Lote, Utai and Reddy are not fast enough to play NRL. Look at the Dogs last night that run playes from their own half and guys with pace tore us apart out wide.

Our defence is woeful especially out wide.

Ther OP can be happy with what we are currently dishiing up he is easily pleased. I will support the Tigers through thivk and thin but it doesn't stop me from knowing we either need a major clear out of players (probably 8-12 of the top 30 man squad) at the end of the season or a new coach.

Frank the tank

Post by Frank the tank » Sat 07 Jul, 2012 7:50 am

@tigerizzed.

Mate I get your point, I really do. I agree with some things you say and disagree with others.

Don't confuse loyalty as an attribute that doesn't allow critism and wanting your team to play to their potential. Loyalty isn't blind, unquestioning faith and complete optimism when that flies in the face of reality. To me loyalty is turning up each week to support your team and not jumping ship because they aren't winning. Being loyal gives you the right to question and be critical when warranted. Not accepting mediocrity is being loyal.

The reality is we are playing less than our best, sure injuries have a big role in this, take any 5 starters out of a nrl team and see how good they do, but I truly believe our problem is attitude and mindset with some of our blokes.
I'm not a complete idiot.............there are some pieces missing!

Black Orange White

Post by Black Orange White » Sat 07 Jul, 2012 8:27 am

Last night was entertaining to you? Playing at 50%, no clue in defense and no plays in attack. Bomb, bomb, bomb.

westTAHger

Post by westTAHger » Sat 07 Jul, 2012 8:41 am

can't go blaming injuries all the time.
all teams have injured players
they just seem to cope better than wests-tigers.

we all know, the team can play very well, and when this does not happen, we become frustrated.
consistency is the issue.

8 games are left.

to ensure a good finish, really need to win 6 of them.

its up to team to do this.
fans can only go and offer their support
Last edited by westTAHger on Sat 07 Jul, 2012 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Basil, our rescue dog, is wondering when wests tigers will win 25 - 18 :D

Stripes96
Location: Where the folks who know about frostiness stay frostiest the most

Post by Stripes96 » Sat 07 Jul, 2012 8:46 am

What I think Tigerizzed is trying to say, and I agree, is that if you want to criticise the coach and/or players, make sure it is CRITICISM, and not just "The coach sucks, sack him" or "Moltzen is a complete pea-heart". With your statement, make sure you explain why you are criticising the boys for.

Anyway, if that's what Tigerizzed is trying to say, then yep, 100% agree. If not, then I agree with the above statements.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

RatedRKO

Post by RatedRKO » Sat 07 Jul, 2012 10:33 am

tiger pom wrote: but the dogs were good tonight and we were perhaps beaten by grand final side.
9/17 completions from the dogs, look out Melbourne! That's a GF winning statistic right there!