Where is the loyalty ?!

  •  Recent Topics
ImageImageImage
User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 26386
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Re: Where is the loyalty ?!

Post by innsaneink » Sat 07 Jul, 2012 10:42 am

Frank the tank wrote:@tigerizzed.

Mate I get your point, I really do. I agree with some things you say and disagree with others.

Don't confuse loyalty as an attribute that doesn't allow critism and wanting your team to play to their potential. Loyalty isn't blind, unquestioning faith and complete optimism when that flies in the face of reality. To me loyalty is turning up each week to support your team and not jumping ship because they aren't winning. Being loyal gives you the right to question and be critical when warranted. Not accepting mediocrity is being loyal.

The reality is we are playing less than our best, sure injuries have a big role in this, take any 5 starters out of a nrl team and see how good they do, but I truly believe our problem is attitude and mindset with some of our blokes.
Terrific post Frank!!!!!
:righton:


User avatar
smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 9451
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 11:56 pm

Post by smeghead » Sat 07 Jul, 2012 10:51 am

Frank the tank wrote:@tigerizzed.

Mate I get your point, I really do. I agree with some things you say and disagree with others.

Don't confuse loyalty as an attribute that doesn't allow critism and wanting your team to play to their potential. Loyalty isn't blind, unquestioning faith and complete optimism when that flies in the face of reality. To me loyalty is turning up each week to support your team and not jumping ship because they aren't winning. Being loyal gives you the right to question and be critical when warranted. Not accepting mediocrity is being loyal.

The reality is we are playing less than our best, sure injuries have a big role in this, take any 5 starters out of a nrl team and see how good they do, but I truly believe our problem is attitude and mindset with some of our blokes.
You going to Campbelltown?

If so let me buy you a drink
Image

User avatar
Tigerdave
Member
Member
Posts: 10240
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 6:04 am
Location: Lismore

Post by Tigerdave » Sun 08 Jul, 2012 6:58 am

Frank the tank wrote:@tigerizzed.

Mate I get your point, I really do. I agree with some things you say and disagree with others.

Don't confuse loyalty as an attribute that doesn't allow critism and wanting your team to play to their potential. Loyalty isn't blind, unquestioning faith and complete optimism when that flies in the face of reality. To me loyalty is turning up each week to support your team and not jumping ship because they aren't winning. Being loyal gives you the right to question and be critical when warranted. Not accepting mediocrity is being loyal.

The reality is we are playing less than our best, sure injuries have a big role in this, take any 5 starters out of a nrl team and see how good they do, but I truly believe our problem is attitude and mindset with some of our blokes.
spot on Frank

saundo55
Member
Member
Posts: 172
Joined: Mon 14 Mar, 2011 6:14 pm

Post by saundo55 » Sun 08 Jul, 2012 7:46 am

Don't many can be accused of taking other peoples opinions into account - most are only interested in what they themselves have to say

Seems the more negative some of you are the better supporter you think you are

Maybe if you respected others opinions as much as you idolise yourselves you might gain some credibility outside your little group


Posted using RoarFEED 2012

LCA
Member
Member
Posts: 1070
Joined: Sun 06 Mar, 2011 5:58 pm
Location: Liverpool

Post by LCA » Sun 08 Jul, 2012 7:55 am

Hey GNR4LIFE...."Like seriously, i have no idea what purpose those kinds of statements serve"

What purpose does anyone's statements on here serve? Yours or mine?

We are kidding ourselves if we think what we post here is in anyway influencing the decisions the club makes in regard to players, coaches or personnel, winning or losing.

So, tell us, why do you post comments on here?

I read and post (not very often) to feel part of the WT fan base. The comments you criticise are just as valid as anyone else's.


User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 26386
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Sun 08 Jul, 2012 8:12 am

saundo55 wrote:Don't many can be accused of taking other peoples opinions into account - most are only interested in what they themselves have to say

Seems the more negative some of you are the better supporter you think you are

Maybe if you respected others opinions as much as you idolise yourselves you might gain some credibility outside your little group


Posted using RoarFEED 2012
Why dont you adress the posts youre referring to directly?
Quote someone.

Here you are talking about specific posts, yet make a broad sweeping comment that by quoting no -one includes everyone in this thread

Tigerizzed

Post by Tigerizzed » Sun 08 Jul, 2012 9:54 am

LOL no suprise by some of the replies this post drew...it hasn't changed and typical of some who practically have no life and spend 90% of their time on here trying to increase their post count and feel some sort of significance...rather sad really.

All this post was about was that's most of the negative remarks are aimed about players and coaches are unfair and borderline assualt. I don't think alot of brain power is put into these statements and offer ZERO solution to the problems we have.

There mus be a stack of people that get on this forum with their iPhones who ONLY read comments via the "Roar Feed" and don't offer much in reply as it's just too time consuming and tedious to do..and as a result come to this Forum looking for a solution or some sort of comfort and end up leaving being abused for defending the players we respect or walk away feeling even more dissoppointed and confused.

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 26386
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Sun 08 Jul, 2012 10:01 am

Theres plenty of positive threads....why focus on only half, you want it ALL one way?
The teams playing poorly, I'd guess Id expect some negative comments before I came on here....pretty naive to expect otherwise

User avatar
The Phantom
Member
Member
Posts: 412
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 5:10 pm
Location: Central Coast

Post by The Phantom » Sun 08 Jul, 2012 10:15 am

I will always support Wests Tigers through thick thin or indifferent


Posted using RoarFEED 2012

User avatar
RatedRKO
Member
Member
Posts: 1224
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 10:57 pm

Post by RatedRKO » Sun 08 Jul, 2012 10:30 am

The Phantom wrote:I will always support Wests Tigers through thick thin or indifferent
A large amount of us will. Just because someone criticises the team when they lose or is angry when they don't play well doesn't mean they aren't a supporter or a 'true fan'.

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 26386
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Sun 08 Jul, 2012 10:33 am

RatedRKO wrote: A large amount of us will. Just because someone criticises the team when they lose or is angry when they don't play well doesn't mean they aren't a supporter or a 'true fan'.
Spot on!
Its too bad a few cannot grasp this simple philosophy

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 20097
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 08 Jul, 2012 10:41 am

LCA wrote:Hey GNR4LIFE...."Like seriously, i have no idea what purpose those kinds of statements serve"

What purpose does anyone's statements on here serve? Yours or mine?

We are kidding ourselves if we think what we post here is in anyway influencing the decisions the club makes in regard to players, coaches or personnel, winning or losing.

So, tell us, why do you post comments on here?

I read and post (not very often) to feel part of the WT fan base. The comments you criticise are just as valid as anyone else's.
1. What purpose do those comments serve? Legit question imo as we are all Tigers fans win, lose or draw and i find making those statements to be a head scratcher. It almost comes across as they are looking for a pat on the back for supporting their own team

2. I don't think anyone is kidding themselves believing what is said on here will make a lick of difference, however it is a forum and emotions will sometimes get the better of people. Comes with the territory of being passionate

3.I post comments here just like everyone else. I enjoy talking about the Tigers with fellow Tigers fans, why else would i be here :?

4. I've never said anyones comments were any less valid then mine. Offering a countering opinion doesn't mean you think you're opinion carries more weight. If you don't like the fact people disagree with what you have to say then a forum probably isn't the best place for you to spend your time

saundo55
Member
Member
Posts: 172
Joined: Mon 14 Mar, 2011 6:14 pm

Post by saundo55 » Sun 08 Jul, 2012 1:38 pm

Ok Ink you are obviously a supporter for a reason - you seem disenchanted by the coach, a lot of the players and the club management

What DO you like about the Tigers and why are a Tigers supporter

I know the Tigers are not playing well and getting the desired results but I try to look for something positive - can you find any positives in our players, coaches or management ?


Posted using RoarFEED 2012

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 26386
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Sun 08 Jul, 2012 1:47 pm

Go thru my posts since fr nite you'll find plenty positive
Click on my name, then click 'search users posts'

tig_prmz
Member
Member
Posts: 7873
Joined: Sat 03 Oct, 2009 10:32 pm

Post by tig_prmz » Sun 08 Jul, 2012 2:09 pm

saundo55 wrote:
I know the Tigers are not playing well and getting the desired results but I try to look for something positive

Posted using RoarFEED 2012
most on here call it as it is.. and sometimes it's sad really when people ONLY focus on positives rather than look at the whole picture and accept whatever performances the team dishes out.

plus, the players and coaches came into this profession knowing they will be criticised when performing bad, knowing they will be hailed as messiahs when performing good.. just like celebrities know that the media won't let their personal life go un-noticed. there are pros and cons of every profession.

trying to look for something positive won't solve the fact that something is wrong and it needs to be addressed. i come on here to say the negatives and command the team on the positives.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

User avatar
Flippedy
Member
Member
Posts: 7913
Joined: Mon 19 Oct, 2009 10:58 pm
Location: Central Coast NSW

Post by Flippedy » Sun 08 Jul, 2012 2:47 pm

tig_prmz wrote:
saundo55 wrote:
I know the Tigers are not playing well and getting the desired results but I try to look for something positive

Posted using RoarFEED 2012
most on here call it as it is.. and sometimes it's sad really when people ONLY focus on positives rather than look at the whole picture and accept whatever performances the team dishes out.

plus, the players and coaches came into this profession knowing they will be criticised when performing bad, knowing they will be hailed as messiahs when performing good.. just like celebrities know that the media won't let their personal life go un-noticed. there are pros and cons of every profession.

trying to look for something positive won't solve the fact that something is wrong and it needs to be addressed. i come on here to say the negatives and command the team on the positives.
Well said Tig, very well said!

I'm pretty sure some people on here just disagree with certain posters simply because they don't like them and will never agree with them no matter how valid their opinions may be - much like Tony Abbott :lol:
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

saundo55
Member
Member
Posts: 172
Joined: Mon 14 Mar, 2011 6:14 pm

Post by saundo55 » Sun 08 Jul, 2012 3:30 pm

I've come to the conclusion that there is a "select few" here that think they are the only ones with a the right to post

You call yourselves supporters but come across as self serving self opinionated bores with condescending comments to any who don't agree with your constant whining

And no there is no need to quote names and instances because it is there for everyone to read ...again and again and again ad infinitem


Posted using RoarFEED 2012

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 26386
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Sun 08 Jul, 2012 4:01 pm

saundo55 wrote:I've come to the conclusion that there is a "select few" here that think they are the only ones with a the right to post

You call yourselves supporters but come across as self serving self opinionated bores with condescending comments to any who don't agree with your constant whining

And no there is no need to quote names and instances because it is there for everyone to read ...again and again and again ad infinitem


Posted using RoarFEED 2012
Everyone has a right to post saundo....within the rules of the forum, its everyones right to express their own opinion too

I could have cancer, but be grateful for the fact I dont have leprosy....thats a positive :crazy

I wonder if Saundo & tigerizzzed are club members????

Post Reply