Blair facing 1 match ban

ImageImageImage
WestsSupporter

Re: Blair facing 1 match ban

Post by WestsSupporter » Thu 12 Jul, 2012 4:01 am

This is a reasonable ban, if anything he is lucky to get only one week. I remember a while ago during a game some guy yanked my leg in a tackle and I felt like something was going to hurt, although it didn't. Fired me up! Stuff like this starts fights and it needs to be eliminated from the game.

Too bad though, we are going to miss his 32 metres, 0 offloads, 8 missed tackles, 3 penalties and 4 errors.
Extremely frustrated fan. Try not to let my negativity get to you.

willow

Post by willow » Thu 12 Jul, 2012 7:53 am

Blair banned for innocuous knock
July 12, 2012
Steve Jancetic

WESTS TIGERS back-rower Adam Blair will miss Saturday night's clash against Penrith after being found guilty of a dangerous contact charge at the NRL judiciary last night.

In a verdict which could set a dangerous precedent, given the innocuous nature of the incident, the Kiwi international was banned for one match for causing unnecessary pressure to Josh Morris's leg in Friday's loss to Canterbury.

As Morris attempted to get to his feet to play the ball, Blair grabbed his leg and twisted it sideways, but there seemed little force to the tackle as the Bulldogs centre played on immediately.

ARL Commission prosecutor Peter Kite claimed Blair had dropped the shoulder into Morris's hamstring and had intent to injure his knee when he twisted it, a claim Blair refuted.

Blair will miss a crucial clash as the Tigers fight to stay in the race for the top eight. Tigers chief executive Stephen Humphreys was bemused by the guilty finding.

''We felt it was the right decision to come down tonight to challenge the charge - we're really disappointed with the result,'' Humphreys said. ''I think it sets an interesting precedent now.

''We've set the bar very low for this kind of charge. I'm concerned what that means for the rest of the players in the game.''

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Thu 12 Jul, 2012 7:58 am

WestsSupporter wrote:This is a reasonable ban, if anything he is lucky to get only one week. I remember a while ago during a game some guy yanked my leg in a tackle and I felt like something was going to hurt, although it didn't. Fired me up! Stuff like this starts fights and it needs to be eliminated from the game.

Too bad though, we are going to miss his 32 metres, 0 offloads, 8 missed tackles, 3 penalties and 4 errors.
Its the first ever Suspension for this type of incident... While I think its a rediculous suspension, if they are going to charge EVERY incident that happens from now on, I will accept it.

I bet they dont though!!!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Thu 12 Jul, 2012 8:25 am

WestsSupporter wrote:This is a reasonable ban, if anything he is lucky to get only one week. I remember a while ago during a game some guy yanked my leg in a tackle and I felt like something was going to hurt, although it didn't. Fired me up! Stuff like this starts fights and it needs to be eliminated from the game.

Maybe you should check his last game stats before making such a well informed comment

shiretiger

Post by shiretiger » Thu 12 Jul, 2012 8:35 am

Got no problem with the outcome PROVIDED that this new policy is CONSISTANTLY applied across the competition.

I expect to see Melbourne to struggle to field a team every second week from here on in.

Frank the tank

Post by Frank the tank » Thu 12 Jul, 2012 10:13 am

shiretiger wrote:Got no problem with the outcome PROVIDED that this new policy is CONSISTANTLY applied across the competition.

I expect to see Melbourne to struggle to field a team every second week from here on in.
All we want is consistency. I'm skeptical that we will get it.
I'm not a complete idiot.............there are some pieces missing!

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Thu 12 Jul, 2012 10:18 am

Now sit back and watch all the players begging for a penalty every time someone grabs their leg...

Juro

Post by Juro » Thu 12 Jul, 2012 11:05 am

I can't even remember the incident. Does anyone know at what point in the game it happened?

And to echo others' views, I have no problem if the judiciary suspends players for trying to hurt others... if they do it consistently!

And of course, that is a massive if!!!
I've been a member since 2012. We last played finals football in 2011. Just saying...

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Thu 12 Jul, 2012 11:50 am

There definitely wasnt much in it.

IMO he was just trying to stop Morris getting a quick play the ball.I didnt see any twist,just a pull.

But.....I have no problem if this is the new standard......as previously mentioned,the Storm are gonna struggle.

Tigerdale

Post by Tigerdale » Thu 12 Jul, 2012 11:54 am

has anyone got a link to the incident ?

VX225

Post by VX225 » Thu 12 Jul, 2012 12:17 pm

shiretiger wrote:Got no problem with the outcome PROVIDED that this new policy is CONSISTANTLY applied across the competition.
I agree.

The problem I have with Blair being charged and suspended is that we see the same thing in every 2nd tackle of every game. The tacklers get up and drag the attackers legs to the side to try to stop him getting up to play the ball. I reckon we've seen it hundreds of times, yet no one is ever charged.

I believe it's unnecessary and a blight on the game, so I hope they stamp it out. Will be interesting to see if anyone else is charged in the coming weeks. Bet it doesn't happen.

fergiefurr

Post by fergiefurr » Thu 12 Jul, 2012 12:21 pm

I hadnt seen the tackle until today. What absolute garbage. The fact that Morris doesn't even bat an eyelid over it says that it happens in every tackle.

Ennis's cannonball and twist on woods was 100 times worse then Blair's.

If this is the standard then about 73 players will get cited this next week.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Thu 12 Jul, 2012 12:50 pm

fergiefurr wrote:I hadnt seen the tackle until today. What absolute garbage. The fact that Morris doesn't even bat an eyelid over it says that it happens in every tackle.

It is the softest suspension I've ever seen, absolute joke.

Hbom

Post by Hbom » Thu 12 Jul, 2012 12:55 pm

Agree. They are surely kings of the leg twist.

Goose

Post by Goose » Thu 12 Jul, 2012 1:15 pm

There were people complaining about the tactic of the leg twist, i was one of them, and thought it was a crappy tactic, i wanted it banned, it seems that it has been..unfortunate that our player is the first suspended but Im glad they are making a move in the direction to get rid of it.

Winnipeg

Post by Winnipeg » Thu 12 Jul, 2012 1:19 pm

hybrid_tiger wrote:
fergiefurr wrote:I hadnt seen the tackle until today. What absolute garbage. The fact that Morris doesn't even bat an eyelid over it says that it happens in every tackle.

It is the softest suspension I've ever seen, absolute joke.

yeah pretty ridiculous suspension

sure a leg twist is a dog move, but did he even twist the leg?!

Gary Bakerloo

Post by Gary Bakerloo » Thu 12 Jul, 2012 1:28 pm

One or two radio stations were saying this morning Wests Tigers were considering bringing Ellis back one week early due to the suspension.