Blair facing 1 match ban

ImageImageImage
The Tooth

Re: Blair facing 1 match ban

Post by The Tooth » Thu 12 Jul, 2012 1:43 pm

This guy is a joke. Sure it didn't do any harm and yes maybe he was just trying to slow the play the ball down as most do in most tackles these days, but he put his shoulder and head in there. Why?

I just hate the way he tackles, lazy, lazy, lazy! Thinks he doesn't have to bend his back and put the shoulder in. Look at how Lote broke his arm, from memory that was another lazy effort by Blair.

Should have got suspended for dumb and lazy.
Doesn't worry me in the slightest that he isn't playing this week.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Thu 12 Jul, 2012 3:50 pm

Winnipeg wrote:
hybrid_tiger wrote:
fergiefurr wrote:I hadnt seen the tackle until today. What absolute garbage. The fact that Morris doesn't even bat an eyelid over it says that it happens in every tackle.

Ennis's cannonball and twist on woods was 100 times worse then Blair's.

If this is the standard then about 73 players will get cited this next week.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012
It is the softest suspension I've ever seen, absolute joke.

yeah pretty ridiculous suspension

sure a leg twist is a dog move, but did he even twist the leg?!
He lifted his leg and then pulled it out laterally, so in an up then left movement...imo

I too would hope theyre consistent, but when are they ever consistent....maybe this is a cracdown of some sort.

I dont recall Ennis' one....can someone tell me what time in the game it occurred, Id like to see it still have the game on IQ

Tooth: Im pretty sure Lotes arm broke before blair even got there, dont think AB made contact with Lote at all....might be wrong. But yes he is bloody lazy, bumping players, pushing them....his defence is crap really

Marshall_magic

Post by Marshall_magic » Thu 12 Jul, 2012 3:53 pm

Not happy at all with this outcome. It was a little grubby, but no where near as bad as Ennis' tackle which was 100 times more likely to cause an injury.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 12 Jul, 2012 3:57 pm

Would be interesting to read this thread if it was one of our guys on the receiving end. Think a few people might only be looking at the tackle through one eye

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Thu 12 Jul, 2012 6:20 pm

A week for pulling someone's leg?

You are pulling my leg surely.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Thu 12 Jul, 2012 6:24 pm

magpiecol wrote:A week for pulling someone's leg?

You are pulling my leg surely.

westTAHger

Post by westTAHger » Thu 12 Jul, 2012 7:04 pm

he will be under alot more scrutiny now each time he tackles a player.
as soon as he goes anywhere near lifting a leg, of a tackled player, he will get penalised.

going to be interesting, how the match reveiw people, scrutinises this for remainder of season.
Basil, our rescue dog, is wondering when wests tigers will win 25 - 18 :D

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Thu 12 Jul, 2012 7:42 pm

Too many commas

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Thu 12 Jul, 2012 8:33 pm

He's been doing it for how many years with the Storm?, but only gets pinged now he is in WT colours :roll:
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

kh_canada

Post by kh_canada » Fri 13 Jul, 2012 12:21 am

Flippedy wrote:He's been doing it for how many years with the Storm?, but only gets pinged now he is in WT colours :roll:
Coincidence? I. Think. Not
The Huth... the Huth... the Huth is on fire

dermo

Post by dermo » Fri 13 Jul, 2012 12:35 am

So how come on monday night a Roosters player (can't recall who but couldve been mose masoe) cannonballs straight into a sharks players legs and is penalised during the game but doesnt cop anything. But then Blair gets 1 match for something that was 10x less than that. If the league is trying to crack down on wrestling tactics that was the most innocuous of the whole round, i feel for Blair because hes clearly being scapegoated by the NRL

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Fri 13 Jul, 2012 2:15 am

dermo wrote:So how come on monday night a Roosters player (can't recall who but couldve been mose masoe) cannonballs straight into a sharks players legs and is penalised during the game but doesnt cop anything. But then Blair gets 1 match for something that was 10x less than that. If the league is trying to crack down on wrestling tactics that was the most innocuous of the whole round, i feel for Blair because hes clearly being scapegoated by the NRL

x2

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Fri 13 Jul, 2012 7:34 am

dermo wrote:So how come on monday night a Roosters player (can't recall who but couldve been mose masoe) cannonballs straight into a sharks players legs and is penalised during the game but doesnt cop anything. But then Blair gets 1 match for something that was 10x less than that. If the league is trying to crack down on wrestling tactics that was the most innocuous of the whole round, i feel for Blair because hes clearly being scapegoated by the NRL
Yeah that was Masoe, that couldn't have been anymore blatant. Did he even get cited?
And she's turning cold, at fifteen years old,
Taken too much slow, minds gone out to sea on the P&O,
Don't know what to do, rotten shade of blue,
Another case of "stupid is as stupid does..."

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Fri 13 Jul, 2012 7:38 am

innsaneink wrote:
Winnipeg wrote:
hybrid_tiger wrote:
fergiefurr wrote:I hadnt seen the tackle until today. What absolute garbage. The fact that Morris doesn't even bat an eyelid over it says that it happens in every tackle.

Ennis's cannonball and twist on woods was 100 times worse then Blair's.

If this is the standard then about 73 players will get cited this next week.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012
It is the softest suspension I've ever seen, absolute joke.

yeah pretty ridiculous suspension

sure a leg twist is a dog move, but did he even twist the leg?!
He lifted his leg and then pulled it out laterally, so in an up then left movement...imo

I too would hope theyre consistent, but when are they ever consistent....maybe this is a cracdown of some sort.

I dont recall Ennis' one....can someone tell me what time in the game it occurred, Id like to see it still have the game on IQ

Tooth: Im pretty sure Lotes arm broke before blair even got there, dont think AB made contact with Lote at all....might be wrong. But yes he is bloody lazy, bumping players, pushing them....his defence is crap really
From what I remember Ink, I think the replay at the ground showed Blair coming in over the top and his shoulder comes into contact with Lote, but he hit him in the upper arm/shoulder area.
And she's turning cold, at fifteen years old,
Taken too much slow, minds gone out to sea on the P&O,
Don't know what to do, rotten shade of blue,
Another case of "stupid is as stupid does..."

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Tigerdale

Post by Tigerdale » Fri 13 Jul, 2012 9:25 am

what a ridiculous suspension.

that kind of stuff happens in every single tackle, of every single game, every single week

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Fri 13 Jul, 2012 1:49 pm

Not the way Blair did it...

Goose

Post by Goose » Fri 13 Jul, 2012 6:15 pm

innsaneink wrote:Not the way Blair did it...
I reckon it has been sneaking in, with a number very similar to Blair's getting let go, they have to start somewhere with these sort of suspensions, as I have said previously altho im disapointed it was our bloke, im glad they are stopping it, it is a grubby tactic.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Fri 13 Jul, 2012 8:15 pm

Blair being unfairly targeted, say Tigers

Date
July 13, 2012 - 7:24PM

2 reading now

James MacSmith

Email article
Print

AAP

Wests Tigers say Adam Blair is being unfairly targeted by NRL match officials after the Kiwi backrower was suspended for a leg-pull on Canterbury's Josh Morris.

Both Tigers captain Robbie Farah and coach Tim Sheens believe Blair, who copped a five-week ban for his role in the Battle of Brookvale in round 25 last year while with Melbourne, is being singled out unjustifiably.

"I didn't think there was much in it," Farah said.

"But maybe because he is Adam Blair he gets suspended. He has played every game this year, he is a key part of our team we will miss him for a week."
Advertisement

Blair's one-week suspension means he will miss Saturday night's clash against Penrith at Campbelltown Sports Stadium.

Sheens said he was unhappy to be without his star backrower, who moved to the club for the 2012 season, but was also concerned about the perception of his work on the field in the eyes of the referees.

"I was surprised by the suspension," Sheens said.

"I think when you look at it in real time there wasn't much in it.

"When the kid (Morris) gets up and plays the ball with the leg that is supposedly twisted and then runs a decoy for the try a minute and a half later there isn't much to report.

"I think it's the very first one for a leg pull. (Tigers chief executive) Stephen Humphreys said it sets the bar low and I think that's true.

"It will be interesting to see how many are suspended for a pull of a leg."

Melbourne have been continually accused of controversial tactics in the tackle and Sheens said Blair's time with the Storm may have contributed to his current predicament."

"His Melbourne training... without (Storm coach) Craig (Bellamy) jumping all over me ... they are very good at their ground work," said Sheens.

"I'm not saying they are doing anything illegal; I'm saying they are very good at their ground work and maybe he is suffering because we are not so good at it.

"Certainly the referees seem to be on him. They have their tip sheets ... I would rather see the referees have a blank whiteboard as preparation.

"There are players who are sometimes guilty before the event. It is the pre-empting that worries me."
http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-sp ... 221fa.html