Defence a main focus for Curtis Sironen

ImageImageImage
innsaneink

Re: Defence a main focus for Curtis Sironen

Post by innsaneink » Sat 14 Jul, 2012 10:23 am

Bloody hell....3 or 4 games into a professional career, he misses a tackle - something that happens to seasoned pros.....there are some bloody impatient people here

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sat 14 Jul, 2012 5:15 pm

innsaneink wrote:Bloody hell....3 or 4 games into a professional career, he misses a tackle - something that happens to seasoned pros.....there are some bloody impatient people here
I think it was you who agreed with me after his first game when everyone was saying how great he is that we need to be patient because mistakes will come. He wasnt even bad yet he just wasnt as good as previous games and some are jumping on him, what a joke. And the main guy who has been giving it to him about his defence admitted that he didnt even notice Benji's defence hahaha, creditbility lost right there Hellman. Sirro's defence can be excused on both occasions they scored around him,,,,,,,however Benji's can not be excused at all, yet Hellman conveniantly missed that. Benji had a great shot on Barba just after halftime and it was one of the worst half hearted efforts ive seen him do, Bulldogs scored. Yet Barba outpaces the bigger Sironen and he bags sirro??/ :crazy
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

hellman

Post by hellman » Sat 14 Jul, 2012 5:50 pm

Did any of you read the article. It is a simple recognition that he needs to focus on doing his job defensively. I think that was pretty obvious. Also Benji was terrible but I noticed Sirro more.

I hope he keeps the 6 jumper for the rest of the season and Benji stays at 7 because we need some stability there. I'm not sold that he is a 6 yet but I think it is worth sticking with him.

yeti

Post by yeti » Sat 14 Jul, 2012 5:55 pm

There's no substitute for speed! I remember Larry Corowa taking a tap on the attacking 20m line for Australia against the poms. He ran around the entire English team to score in the right hand corner. When you're done for pace - you're done for pace. Nothing you can do about it. Barba running around Sirro was just a matter of being so much quicker. Nothing Sirro could've done about it. The play should have been stopped before it got to that point!

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Sat 14 Jul, 2012 9:25 pm

x2

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 14 Jul, 2012 9:27 pm

He made some very good choices tonite

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Sat 14 Jul, 2012 9:34 pm

innsaneink wrote:He made some very good choices tonite

Agreed,him and Lawrence jammed in so well.

hellman

Post by hellman » Sat 14 Jul, 2012 9:50 pm

He played great tonight. They also hid him out wide on occasions which I though was the right way to play him.

His running game is good and he does have a good pass on him as well.

willow

Post by willow » Sat 14 Jul, 2012 9:52 pm

No issues with his defence tonight, came up with some solid D.