Adam Blair a big loss says Beau Ryan

ImageImageImage
willow

Post by willow » Thu 12 Jul, 2012 7:59 pm

By Wayne Cousins

Thursday 12 July 2012 1:54 PM

Wests Tigers winger Beau Ryan says his team-mates will have to increase their work-rate in the middle to cover for the loss of Adam Blair for Saturday night’s match against Penrith at Campbelltown Sports Stadium.

Blair was last night suspended for one match by the NRL judiciary after failing to have a dangerous contact charge overturned.

“Adam has been consistent for us all year. He has been under pressure since he came from Melbourne but he has been great in the middle for us. He has worked hard,’’ Ryan said.

“The media and the fans have put a lot of pressure on him but I think he has been good. The coach is happy with him, we (the players) are happy with him.

“Missing Gareth Ellis (foot injury) and Adam, two key players, is going to hurt us.”

Ryan returns to his coveted wing position for the Panthers clash with full-back Tim Moltzen returning from a hamstring injury. Ryan has been in career best form this season.

“I enjoyed playing full-back but wherever Tim (Sheens) wants me to play, whether it is centre or wing, I will do what is best for the side,’’ Ryan said.

“Full-back is enjoyable. It is a bit tougher than playing on the wing. I enjoyed my time there. “

Ryan will also wear a special pair of Adidas boots designed in the Wests Tigers colours over the next two weeks. The words ‘Beau Ryan2’ have been embroided into the boots.

The boots will soon be auctioned off on weststigers.com.au.

“Proceeds from the auction will go to The Smith Family to help unprivileged children. This very close to my heart,’’ Ryan added.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Thu 12 Jul, 2012 8:13 pm

Wests Tigers winger Beau Ryan says his team-mates will have to increase their work-rate in the middle to cover for the loss of Adam Blair for Saturday night’s match against Penrith at Campbelltown Sports Stadium.
Not if Gaz replaces him...

LaT

Post by LaT » Thu 12 Jul, 2012 8:14 pm

Good old Beauy is the go to guy for the media isn't he?

Over the last few weeks I don't think there isn't a single player Beau hasn't individually identified and wrapped via the media!

No complaints though, he is a great clubman.
TigPies till I die!

I say, I say I resemble that remark!

weststigers4life

Post by weststigers4life » Thu 12 Jul, 2012 8:23 pm

It's the second time this year that I'm aware of, that he is auctioning off his gear for charity. Beau knows how to be a CHAMPION.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

Twodogs

Post by Twodogs » Fri 13 Jul, 2012 11:42 pm

Ever the funny man!

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Fri 13 Jul, 2012 11:59 pm

He is a mad dog. He should play Origin if he keeps his form. He's already the media guy and his spirit would be really good for the Blues.