The Positive Thread

ImageImageImage
MacDougall

The Positive Thread

Post by MacDougall » Sat 14 Jul, 2012 9:31 pm

Penrith played almost to their absolute limit against us and we were definitely not at ours. We still won.

Look at the efforts from some of the Panthers;
Josh Mansour 21 runs (163m)
Michael Jennings 9 runs (159m!), 16 tackle breaks!
McKendry and Grant both broke 100 metres gained. Weston was close too.

Also I think that we weren't that far off to be honest. A number of players had their best games of the season including Ayshford, Lawrence, Heighington, Fulton and Sironen, the first three of which have been well off it all year. We still have Ellis and Blair out. Moltzen was off the pace and will bounce back. Marshall started running it and we instantly looked better. Farah adds just so so much to our team. Every time he was in dummy half I felt like we were a chance to make a linebreak.

Seriously take off the negative shades people, that was a better performance than you think.

Tiger39

Post by Tiger39 » Sat 14 Jul, 2012 9:33 pm

I agree, Sironen, Lawrence and Fulton had their best games and Ben Murdoch Masila is just a freak.

weststigers4life

Post by weststigers4life » Sat 14 Jul, 2012 9:35 pm

We still have a long way to go but were back in the 8.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sat 14 Jul, 2012 9:36 pm

Oh I forgot to mention that two of their three tries were stupid. One was from a spilled bomb and the other was a blatant obstruction.

boonboon

Post by boonboon » Sat 14 Jul, 2012 9:37 pm

I didn't see it so won't say too much but ayshford missed 8 tackles and gave away 3 penalties if that's his best game I'd hate to see his worst

monkey

Post by monkey » Sat 14 Jul, 2012 9:38 pm

MacDougall wrote:Oh I forgot to mention that two of their three tries were stupid. One was from a spilled bomb and the other was a blatant obstruction.
that was right in front of me and my mate I think BMM slipped over

Goose

Post by Goose » Sat 14 Jul, 2012 9:39 pm

I was pretty happy with alot of tonight, penrith came out fired up and we got the win, alot went their way as well.

Lawrence is looking better and better every week looked good tonight.

Sirro looks more and more like the a career first grade player everytime i see him.

BMM is getting better.

Moltz needs to play back to back games in the same spot, missing a few games hurts him, another game under the belt will help.

Goose

Post by Goose » Sat 14 Jul, 2012 9:40 pm

monkey wrote:
MacDougall wrote:Oh I forgot to mention that two of their three tries were stupid. One was from a spilled bomb and the other was a blatant obstruction.

BMM slipped as you say, however, Moltzen was smashed by shackleton, very poor decision, even Penrith die hard brandy described it as a shocker

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Sat 14 Jul, 2012 9:43 pm

Ithought Lawry had a blinder.

Two of their tries were complete rooooobish.

We are in the 8.

weststigers4life

Post by weststigers4life » Sat 14 Jul, 2012 9:43 pm

monkey wrote:

BMM did slip over but a penrith player ran into Moltz & pushed him backwards, Stopping his momentum & any chance he had at trying to stop Walsh from scoring.

InBenjiWeTrust

Post by InBenjiWeTrust » Sat 14 Jul, 2012 9:44 pm

Goose wrote:
monkey wrote:

BMM slipped as you say, however, Moltzen was smashed by shackleton, very poor decision, even Penrith die hard brandy described it as a shocker
BMM has slipped, but Moltzen was obstructed :)

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sat 14 Jul, 2012 9:44 pm

boonboon wrote:I didn't see it so won't say too much but ayshford missed 8 tackles and gave away 3 penalties if that's his best game I'd hate to see his worst
Ayshford was marking Jennings who was on an absolute tear and beat him multiple times in the same tackle often. His penalties were all stupid ref square ups and piggy backs. There were at least two occasions that he had his shirt pulled.

hellman

Post by hellman » Sat 14 Jul, 2012 9:47 pm

simonthetiger wrote:Ithought Lawry had a blinder.

Two of their tries were complete rooooobish.

We are in the 8.
I reckon as a team we were great. Woods was fantastic as well.

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Sat 14 Jul, 2012 9:48 pm

What about the try saver tackle from Woodsie.

Awesome.

Alf Duguid

Post by Alf Duguid » Sat 14 Jul, 2012 9:51 pm

Christopher Lawrence is looking better every week. Pure explosiveness to run around Coote. Tony Cossato style

InBenjiWeTrust

Post by InBenjiWeTrust » Sat 14 Jul, 2012 9:57 pm

Very good defense.
Very good game by all forwards, especially Woods, BMM & Bell. Very good contribution by Heigno, Fulton & Moors.
(Bell & Moors shall get at least another 2 years with Tigs).
Very good game by Lawrence, probably his best this year.
Solid games by Ayshford, Utai, Ryan, Farah & Marshall.
The only disappointment was Moltzen, hopefully he will regain his confidence, he has to catch those bombs and be more involved in attack.
With all our players back and with the right attitude, we will win against any opposition.

Go Tigers

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Sat 14 Jul, 2012 10:00 pm

MacDougall wrote:
boonboon wrote:I didn't see it so won't say too much but ayshford missed 8 tackles and gave away 3 penalties if that's his best game I'd hate to see his worst
Ayshford was marking Jennings who was on an absolute tear and beat him multiple times in the same tackle often. His penalties were all stupid ref square ups and piggy backs. There were at least two occasions that he had his shirt pulled.
Ayshford had 7 missed tackles tonight, but I was glad to see him making a few runs.

Woods is the man... 42 Tackles & 128mtrs.

No thanks to the Referee's, but the Tigers only had 46% Possession tonight, but 36 Missed Tackles made Penrith look better than they are!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

Brisbane Tiger

Post by Brisbane Tiger » Sat 14 Jul, 2012 10:20 pm

The positive i we won.
The negative is the cowboys are on fire and we get to go to townsville next week.

Watching the storm vs cows game prior to ours was like watching first grade then nsw cup.