Benji

ImageImageImage
Tiger_heart

Benji

Post by Tiger_heart » Sat 14 Jul, 2012 9:49 pm

has there been a more frustrating player to watch in the history of the game? Diamond and stones tonight..

bundyboy

Post by bundyboy » Sat 14 Jul, 2012 9:52 pm

Tiger_heart wrote:has there been a more frustrating player to watch in the history of the game? Diamond and stones tonight..
His defence was a massive improvement tonight but his kicking game was off . Why does he kick on the third tackle / does my head in .

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

hellman

Post by hellman » Sat 14 Jul, 2012 9:55 pm

His kicking game was off but he ran the ball and his defense was good. To me that is a pass.

Robbie was quiet as well.

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Sat 14 Jul, 2012 9:56 pm

Cant agree his defence was anything up to NRL level tonight... Its been the same the last 3 games, so I'm wondering if he is carrying an injury in the shoulders/arms?

His best kick was in the last 10 seconds, so hopefully that was a sign he will continue to improve. :lol:
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sat 14 Jul, 2012 10:00 pm

His defence was only an improvement because they hid him. Hell he swapped sides with a 4 game rookie because he was getting pumped. He put a 4 game rookie in the hot seat and Sironen made Benji look stupid.

His kicks were all poor too. Farah should kick more. Benji run more and pass slightly less.

bythebeardofzeus

Post by bythebeardofzeus » Sat 14 Jul, 2012 10:06 pm

Just great to see him trying more tonight rather than putting up the bomb. Besides setting up Liam & BMM he ran the ball a bit & almost put Ryan in the clear with that cutout pass that went forward (admittedly not the best place to do it) & the chip kick in the last minute. He isn't at his best & maybe I'm being too optimistic but I'd much rather see the benji from tonight than the benji from the past few weeks!

Goose

Post by Goose » Sat 14 Jul, 2012 10:14 pm

Benji looked to run it more tonight, and defended far better.

His short kicking was well off, that has been his strength this year, but he played a big role in 3 tries, the run before the Farah try was key, plus the 2 nice balls for Liam and BMM

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Sat 14 Jul, 2012 10:20 pm

Sometimes he plays like a chicken without a head especially early in the tackle count.

Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

1974semifinal

Post by 1974semifinal » Sat 14 Jul, 2012 10:36 pm

He does do some very good things and some rubbish...but what gets me ..in my opinion he is our best open field runner and now that does not happen..we have no one with speed. Lawrence is different.

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Sat 14 Jul, 2012 10:42 pm

Tiger_heart wrote:has there been a more frustrating player to watch in the history of the game? Diamond and stones tonight..
Hit the nail on the head , he does my head in . He so reckon his it , but does some dumb play . Love the guy to bits but can be frustrating to watch.
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 14 Jul, 2012 10:44 pm

The forward pass in our own 20 to Ryan almost ended up in TV having something thrown at it

Probably a C+ performance

His loss of form with the goal kicking is disturbing though

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Sat 14 Jul, 2012 10:50 pm

happy tiger wrote:The forward pass in our own 20 to Ryan almost ended up in TV having something thrown at it

Probably a C+ performance

His loss of form with the goal kicking is disturbing though
Anasta will be the goal kicker next year if he isn't Marshal is indenial....
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Sat 14 Jul, 2012 10:52 pm

You mean field goal kicker.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Sat 14 Jul, 2012 10:53 pm

My info is Benji is playing with a crook shoulder again that will need surgery at the end of the season and thats why is defense has dropped off over the past month or so, but yes your right he still comes up with a lot of low percentage plays at crucial times. On the other hand he usually has hand in most trys we score.

willow

Post by willow » Sat 14 Jul, 2012 10:55 pm

Nowhere near his best, but still able to come up with the occasional crucial play to keep the Tigers in it. Try assists for Fulton and BMM, but his general kicking was awful tonight and he just didn't seem to time things well.

Hope he can build some form going into the backend of the season. If does, the Tigers will be dangerous.

1/4 chicken,chips

Post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Sat 14 Jul, 2012 10:55 pm

Tiger Watto wrote:Cant agree his defence was anything up to NRL level tonight... Its been the same the last 3 games, so I'm wondering if he is carrying an injury in the shoulders/arms?

His best kick was in the last 10 seconds, so hopefully that was a sign he will continue to improve. :lol:
i agree TW and when is he going to take the line on ?He is giving his runners hospital passes when he should be having a run .

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 14 Jul, 2012 10:57 pm

supercoach wrote:My info is Benji is playing with a crook shoulder again that will need surgery at the end of the season and thats why is defense has dropped off over the past month or so, but yes your right he still comes up with a lot of low percentage plays at crucial times. On the other hand he usually has hand in most trys we score.
Yeah Tiger 99 mentioned this last week when I asked the question Left shoulder it is

Didn't realize about the surgery though

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Sat 14 Jul, 2012 11:01 pm

willow wrote:Nowhere near his best, but still able to come up with the occasional crucial play to keep the Tigers in it. Try assists for Fulton and BMM, but his general kicking was awful tonight and he just didn't seem to time things well.

Hope he can build some form going into the backend of the season. If does, the Tigers will be dangerous.
He has patches of form but what I think that lets Benji down is his wits. He needs to work on his reasoning. From time to time he has brain explosions & his not getting any younger.