Benji

ImageImageImage
supercoach

Re: Benji

Post by supercoach » Sat 14 Jul, 2012 11:14 pm

happy tiger wrote:
supercoach wrote:My info is Benji is playing with a crook shoulder again that will need surgery at the end of the season and thats why is defense has dropped off over the past month or so, but yes your right he still comes up with a lot of low percentage plays at crucial times. On the other hand he usually has hand in most trys we score.
Yeah Tiger 99 mentioned this last week when I asked the question Left shoulder it is

Didn't realize about the surgery though
I dont think they are talking anything like a reco job but maybe a cleanout. Anyway I was told he its a week by week
thing and is causing him a lot of discomfort

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Sun 15 Jul, 2012 5:50 am

supercoach wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
supercoach wrote:My info is Benji is playing with a crook shoulder again that will need surgery at the end of the season and thats why is defense has dropped off over the past month or so, but yes your right he still comes up with a lot of low percentage plays at crucial times. On the other hand he usually has hand in most trys we score.
Yeah Tiger 99 mentioned this last week when I asked the question Left shoulder it is

Didn't realize about the surgery though
I dont think they are talking anything like a reco job but maybe a cleanout. Anyway I was told he its a week by week
thing and is causing him a lot of discomfort
That explains a fews things I guess. He'd be worried about doing more damage to it which would affect his game.

Frank the tank

Post by Frank the tank » Sun 15 Jul, 2012 6:43 am

I have been thinking exactly that the last couple of games.
I'm not a complete idiot.............there are some pieces missing!

seijai

Post by seijai » Sun 15 Jul, 2012 11:14 am

even so, why he doesnt step anymore? I cant remember the last game where he took the line with side steps and twinkle toes which made him famous....maybeback in 2005? ah....miss the Benjji of old times

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Sun 15 Jul, 2012 12:40 pm

seijai wrote:even so, why he doesnt step anymore? I cant remember the last game where he took the line with side steps and twinkle toes which made him famous....maybeback in 2005? ah....miss the Benjji of old times
His still got the step but just dosnt have that zip to go with the step and that is the big difference

PYMBLEPETE

Post by PYMBLEPETE » Sun 15 Jul, 2012 1:44 pm

supercoach wrote:
seijai wrote:even so, why he doesnt step anymore? I cant remember the last game where he took the line with side steps and twinkle toes which made him famous....maybeback in 2005? ah....miss the Benjji of old times
His still got the step but just dosnt have that zip to go with the step and that is the big difference
I think he does; watch his run before Farah's try. The Benji of old.

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Sun 15 Jul, 2012 1:46 pm

He has not got the zip anymore because he is tired from every forward and his dog running at him. Get him out of the halfback spot and back in the backline somewhere.

The best kicker in the club is playing in the NYC and can't get a run. Meanwhile we bag a player who is not a natural kicker.

I know who should get a good kicking and that is Sheens.

tigergirlz

Post by tigergirlz » Sun 15 Jul, 2012 1:51 pm

Yeh the shoulder problem makes sense. Thought he played busted last night. After the Heighno try everyone was smothering him and Benji was on his haunches in the distance.
Hope he can needle up big time until October.

Citizen Tiger

Post by Citizen Tiger » Sun 15 Jul, 2012 3:36 pm

Some saying he ran more last night? He 'ran' 29 metres, 6 fewer than Cashmere. It was the usual first receiver stuff, cut, slider, inside pass, kick. For one fleeting, brilliant moment in the play prior to the Farah try, he unexpectedly found himself with the ball in unstructured play. He stepped two players with ease and all but beat the third in absurdly limited space. This is what he does better than any player in the NRL.

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Sun 15 Jul, 2012 3:39 pm

Citizen Tiger wrote:Some saying he ran more last night? He 'ran' 29 metres, 6 fewer than Cashmere. It was the usual first receiver stuff, cut, slider, inside pass, kick. For one fleeting, brilliant moment in the play prior to the Farah try, he unexpectedly found himself with the ball in unstructured play. He stepped two players with ease and all but beat the third in absurdly limited space. This is what he does better than any player in the NRL.
it was good to seee that
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble