Poor use of BMM.

ImageImageImage
milford_magic

Poor use of BMM.

Post by milford_magic » Sun 15 Jul, 2012 4:19 pm

I can't help but feel we aren't getting the best of this guy.

Every time we are in there 20 he should be touching it at least once a set. When this guy runs the ball in there end zone he is lethal. If he doesn't bust through and score, he will at least attract 3 defenders which should give us numbers on the next play.

Last night he went through so easy...and he did the same vs the Roosters (until minichello...) and the week before he did it vs Canberra. There is not ONE runner in the side who is even close to as dynamic or has the line breaking ability of this guy.

But yet we spend so many sets down there end and we waste so many tackles with useless runners who aren't going to break through. We really lack good line breaking players, but the only ones who really have the ability to bust through (BMM and Benji) aren't getting the ball. Why isn't Sheens getting the message out?

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Sun 15 Jul, 2012 4:23 pm

agreee with you 100%
not soo sure about his defense but i would have him in front of blair in the starting 13
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sun 15 Jul, 2012 4:28 pm

He is definitely a good one. The perseverance has paid off on him. He surely must not be very fit otherwise I would be using him a hell of a lot more. I would love to see him get his fitness up to the point that he can play 80. It shouldn't be too hard if he plays wide.

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Sun 15 Jul, 2012 4:29 pm

BMM is getting closer to being a Fulltime NRL Player... He does lack concentration in defence and until he can fix this, he will only be a bench type of player.

His attacking game has been good, but he wasn't so good last week in defence?!

I think he is being used correctly at this stage of his development.
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

Tbone

Post by Tbone » Sun 15 Jul, 2012 4:30 pm

I agree he can be dynamite, but I dont think he's fit enough to start. I would still use him as an impact player at this stage, until he can play more minutes without losing his explosive running game.

milford_magic

Post by milford_magic » Sun 15 Jul, 2012 4:56 pm

I just don't think we are giving him the ball enough. Our best three runners in the side are probably BMM, Benji and Lawrence (Getting there). Yet we get to there end zone and Benji doesn't take on the line and BMM rarely touches it. Instead a usual set would consist of Woods/Galloway 1st tackle, Heighno 2nd, Winger 3rd, Heighno/Fulton 4th, 5th we either kick or do some average hands which never look like working.

To put in in comparison, imagine when we play the bulldogs that when they get into our 20, Kasiano, Barba and Pritchard decide not to touch it that set. Instead there set consists of Graham, Payne, Halatau, Perret etc.

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sun 15 Jul, 2012 5:02 pm

Completely agree with this thread, close to the line he is unstoppable, needs to get the ball more he is a weapon.

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Sun 15 Jul, 2012 5:08 pm

Agree with Watto on this one especially in regard to defensive lapses.

The key to his try was not just his run but also the amount of bodies in motion around the movement. it is about isolating players. It is a big missing piece from alot of games this season

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Mon 16 Jul, 2012 10:19 am

It may also have something to do with the lines he runs. Look at how often Benji hits Fulton near the line, it's not just about size but about positioning.

BMM definitely needs to get more ball at the line, but also continue to work on the positions he puts himself in to get the footy. If he learns to run the same holes as Rowdy or Fults - wow.