Blair is a show pony

ImageImageImage
smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Blair is a show pony

Post by smeghead » Tue 24 Jul, 2012 8:38 am

I thought Blairs first stint was great for us last night. Due to circumstances his stint at prop was far too long and he simply does not have the motor of a Woods or Fulton. That needs to be sorted in the off season.

Considering Ayshford played 75% of the game with severe back spasms I cant really fault him on his performance.

Apart from silly mistakes and turnovers we lost the game on the ground last night. The Cows got so much quick PTB's it just killed us and left us on the back foot all night

Gary Bakerloo

Post by Gary Bakerloo » Tue 24 Jul, 2012 8:46 am

Blair played well and he is just a scapegoat for many people.

Last night was the first time he actually looked integrated into our the team. Whilst he played up the middle, he started playing a bit on the edges and provided some handy passing. When he holds the ball in two hands with running options around him, he is a huge handful for opposition defence.

Those blowing up about his defence should check the stats. He missed 4 tackles with plenty others in the team missing a similar amount.

tigersrule4life

Post by tigersrule4life » Tue 24 Jul, 2012 9:00 am

Its getting dumb now all we talk about is Adam Blair okey his not at his best but he is trying lol.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Tue 24 Jul, 2012 9:32 am

Gary Bakerloo wrote:Blair played well and he is just a scapegoat for many people.

Last night was the first time he actually looked integrated into our the team. Whilst he played up the middle, he started playing a bit on the edges and provided some handy passing. When he holds the ball in two hands with running options around him, he is a huge handful for opposition defence.

Those blowing up about his defence should check the stats. He missed 4 tackles with plenty others in the team missing a similar amount.
I agree I thought Blair put in a decent performance - 100+ metres and 30 tackles are good stats for any prop. He was often involved in the cover defence. One dropped ball comes to mind, but half of the team managed one of those.

Winnipeg

Post by Winnipeg » Tue 24 Jul, 2012 9:50 am

I thought Blair was pretty decent and Ayshford one of his best games of the season... he must have made plenty of metres in the stats

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Tue 24 Jul, 2012 9:58 am

You can always tell when Moltzen doesn't play .... everyone gets on the number 2 whipping boy. :lol:

bluetige

Post by bluetige » Tue 24 Jul, 2012 10:22 am

Gary Bakerloo wrote:Blair played well and he is just a scapegoat for many people.

You said it "check his stats". He missed a game high 8 tackles not 4, he did make 31 but thats a missed tackle percentage of 20%. Not good enough considering this has been his form all year.

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Tue 24 Jul, 2012 10:38 am

Stats from last night seem quite odd .
Have Farah at only 14 tackles - could have sworn he did more than that.
Going on the stats Reddy missed as many tackles (8) as he made (I would believe that) and Ryan missed 4 and only made 6 - a 66% missed tackle percentage for him!
Conversely they have Marshall down as only missing one.
Obviously they don't count when you're so far away from a player you can't even attempt a tackle.
Realistically a few of Bowen's runs accounted for half our missed tackles.
Personally think Blair is not there yet - but not through lack of trying.

Gary Bakerloo

Post by Gary Bakerloo » Tue 24 Jul, 2012 10:59 am

bluetige wrote:You said it "check his stats". He missed a game high 8 tackles not 4, he did make 31 but thats a missed tackle percentage of 20%. Not good enough considering this has been his form all year.
You are right. I was referring to the stats on our forum which had him down for 4. Regardless, I think he played well and there were plenty of other heavy contributors to the total missed tackles.

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Tue 24 Jul, 2012 11:31 am

jonothetiger wrote:The only talent Adam Blair has is of a man of no talent. Why can't he tackle??

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

You must be blind and crazy. What game were you watching last night?

Best game for a long time.

dermo

Post by dermo » Tue 24 Jul, 2012 11:40 am

Theres something about Blair's defence that I can't quite work out, every week he has a fair few missed tackles, too many for someone on his pay. But the thing is, i never see him be made to look a fool like Benji against the Dogs or Reddy everytime someone runs near him, maybe I dont watch hard enough but i dont recall him missing a really basic tackle last night

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Tue 24 Jul, 2012 11:48 am

A couple of his tackle misses where when he tried for a diving ankle tap, a few others he dropped off after stopping momentum

The Tooth

Post by The Tooth » Tue 24 Jul, 2012 1:10 pm

I cringe every time he comes into the play - defense or attack.
His lack of any proven tackling technique leaves him bumping and arm grabbing in most tackles.
I dont think he's played a game for us where hasn't dropped the ball atleast once or given away a penalty.

For his size and ability he aint earning his keep, nor his money and he is actually costing us with errors, penalties and missed tackles.

I would have no problem if he played State Cup for the rest of the year. Masilla, Bell or Moors will do me over him.
That said I understand Sheens has to keep playing him regardless.

Right up there with Terry Lamb as the worst aqcuisitions for the club, but heres hoping next year well get more out of him cause he wont have any excuses then.

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Tue 24 Jul, 2012 1:53 pm

The Tooth wrote:I cringe every time he comes into the play - defense or attack.
His lack of any proven tackling technique leaves him bumping and arm grabbing in most tackles.
I dont think he's played a game for us where hasn't dropped the ball atleast once or given away a penalty.

For his size and ability he aint earning his keep, nor his money and he is actually costing us with errors, penalties and missed tackles.

I would have no problem if he played State Cup for the rest of the year. Masilla, Bell or Moors will do me over him.
That said I understand Sheens has to keep playing him regardless.

Right up there with Terry Lamb as the worst aqcuisitions for the club, but heres hoping next year well get more out of him cause he wont have any excuses then.

Wow! Moors better than Blair!

You ARE delusional.

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Tue 24 Jul, 2012 2:01 pm

Once again, and while he got limited game time, Moors has proven to be ineffective at NRL Level...

Last night was the perfect scenario for Junior to rip in and show his worth.

We need to buy 1-2 Props for 2013!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

Frank the tank

Post by Frank the tank » Tue 24 Jul, 2012 2:39 pm

Tiger Watto wrote:Once again, and while he got limited game time, Moors has proven to be ineffective at NRL Level...

Last night was the perfect scenario for Junior to rip in and show his worth.

We need to buy 1-2 Props for 2013!
Yep I agree. Moors is not he answer.
I'm not a complete idiot.............there are some pieces missing!

hodgo

Post by hodgo » Tue 24 Jul, 2012 3:17 pm

Wow our supporters are an absoulute joke. The dude played his guts out last night is always around and is the only player that ever puts a person on his back. Quick to blame players like Blair when our backline is a joke. Hard to log onto this forum with these knee jerk threads every week.