Blair is a show pony

ImageImageImage
balmainbrett2041

Re: Blair is a show pony

Post by balmainbrett2041 » Mon 23 Jul, 2012 9:39 pm

Agree totally. I was up for a revival but Blair let us down again. Unfortunately the injuries mean he won't get dropped but he seems to have a get out of NSW Cup free pass anyway.
He is a disgrace but our other players did us proud!!

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

RatedRKO

Post by RatedRKO » Mon 23 Jul, 2012 9:41 pm

hellman wrote:I thought he played decently tonight. He isn't Woods or Fulton but he is a decent player. I think he goes better at prop.
The problem is that he is likely earning more than both of them combined.

jonothetiger

Post by jonothetiger » Mon 23 Jul, 2012 9:43 pm

balmainbrett2041 wrote:Agree totally. I was up for a revival but Blair let us down again. Unfortunately the injuries mean he won't get dropped but he seems to have a get out of NSW Cup free pass anyway.

I'm thinking Blair has a side deal with Women's Weekly and that he needs to have his 'pretty boy' face intact to secure the deal. Why else would be afraid to perform the basic rule of footy, which is to tackle your opponent?

hellman

Post by hellman » Mon 23 Jul, 2012 9:44 pm

RatedRKO wrote:
hellman wrote:I thought he played decently tonight. He isn't Woods or Fulton but he is a decent player. I think he goes better at prop.
I laughed but its not funny. Woods and Fulton are great players - Blair is average. Heighno was better than Blair tonight and Blair put in. He just doesn't deserve the coin he is on.

jonothetiger

Post by jonothetiger » Mon 23 Jul, 2012 9:49 pm

hellman wrote:
RatedRKO wrote:
I laughed but its not funny. Woods and Fulton are great players - Blair is average. Heighno was better than Blair tonight and Blair put in. He just doesn't deserve the coin he is on.
Your spot on. We gave up two great players for him, and for what? You know that Gibbs that has a dog called Humphrey? It's named after the Tiger CEO who 'promised' he'd be a Tiger for life.

LARDS

Post by LARDS » Mon 23 Jul, 2012 9:51 pm

I thought Blair improved tonight.
I thought they all played well considering they were all out of position.

gazroc

Post by gazroc » Mon 23 Jul, 2012 9:53 pm

Blair is the biggest waste of money in the clubs history, end of story.

Frank the tank

Post by Frank the tank » Mon 23 Jul, 2012 9:55 pm

gazroc wrote:Blair is the biggest waste of money in the clubs history, end of story.
No arguments from me on that one
I'm not a complete idiot.............there are some pieces missing!

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 23 Jul, 2012 9:59 pm

I thought he got off to a good start , but then went missing after 25 minutes

Personally thought it was his 3rd best game for us , but unfortunately he went missing when we really needed him
Last edited by happy tiger on Mon 23 Jul, 2012 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alexaki

Post by alexaki » Mon 23 Jul, 2012 10:00 pm

balmainbrett2041 wrote:Agree totally. I was up for a revival but Blair let us down again. Unfortunately the injuries mean he won't get dropped but he seems to have a get out of NSW Cup free pass anyway.

We've been saying this for 20 weeks now!...our worst ever buy....when you consider what we paid for him...had we picked him up for $200-$225k I'd say he's just ok....but on $500k he's a dud!

PYMBLEPETE

Post by PYMBLEPETE » Mon 23 Jul, 2012 10:06 pm

Just waiting for someone to say he is on a million a season; the exageration just keeps getting greater and greater.

I may have missed him missing a tackle somewhere along the line, but I thought he did OK tonight and in fact looked pretty good at times. I am not a Blair fan; just trying to bring a bit of balance to this analysis.

balmainbrett2041

Post by balmainbrett2041 » Mon 23 Jul, 2012 10:08 pm

jonothetiger wrote:
hellman wrote:
RatedRKO wrote:
Your spot on. We gave up two great players for him, and for what? You know that Gibbs that has a dog called Humphrey? It's named after the Tiger CEO who 'promised' he'd be a Tiger for life.

alexaki

Post by alexaki » Mon 23 Jul, 2012 10:08 pm

PYMBLEPETE wrote:Just waiting for someone to say he is on a million a season; the exageration just keeps getting greater and greater.

I may have missed him missing a tackle somewhere along the line, but I thought he did OK tonight and in fact looked pretty good at times. I am not a Blair fan; just trying to bring a bit of balance to this analysis.
The balance you refer to is Blair owes the club and fan fans more than he has shown....The balance is definitely in his favour

balmainbrett2041

Post by balmainbrett2041 » Mon 23 Jul, 2012 10:11 pm

Talk about bite the hand that feeds you!
Actually it was the other way round!
Maybe we should get Gibbs dog to bite Blair!

balmainbrett2041

Post by balmainbrett2041 » Mon 23 Jul, 2012 10:15 pm

jonothetiger wrote:
hellman wrote:
RatedRKO wrote:

Talk about bite the hand that feeds you!
Actually it was the other way round!
Maybe we should get Gibbs dog to bite Blair!

ambostu

Post by ambostu » Tue 24 Jul, 2012 2:23 am

gazroc wrote:Blair is the biggest waste of money in the clubs history, end of story.
Agree completely.

Frank the tank

Post by Frank the tank » Tue 24 Jul, 2012 5:56 am

Does any one actually know for certain what money Blair is on?

Unless he is on about $100k he is the biggest mistake the club management has made, particularly when he cost us Gibbs. Who ever is responsible for the decision would gain a lot of credibility if they they publicly admitted it, and then released him from the contract.
I'm not a complete idiot.............there are some pieces missing!

hellman

Post by hellman » Tue 24 Jul, 2012 8:22 am

Frank the tank wrote:Unless he is on about $100k he is the biggest mistake the club management has made, particularly when he cost us Gibbs.
And Fifita. I saw Fifita the other day and he belted it up hard and straight. Admittedly I haven't watched Cronulla play much at all this season but Fifita hit it up harder than Blair does.

Gibbs was a great defensive player and he fit into our squad. Fifita can play. Blair is okay but losing those two for Blair is a bad trade.