Benji - Run The Ball

ImageImageImage
milford_magic

Benji - Run The Ball

Post by milford_magic » Mon 23 Jul, 2012 8:47 pm

At 22-16 , we get a penalty 10 metres out. First tackle we go wide and Benji has it and a HUGE gap opened up. But as Benji is so focused on passing the ball he doesnt even look up and then proceeds to throw the ball to the ground.

Seriously if anyone wants to bag Parra for what there paying Sandow, then we are getting absolutely nothing out of this guy and he's probably close to the highest paid player in the game.

ball main

Post by ball main » Mon 23 Jul, 2012 8:49 pm

Our season just ended so maybe benji needs a break so he can concentrate for his role on the footy show

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

saundo1982

Post by saundo1982 » Mon 23 Jul, 2012 8:51 pm

One can only hope next weeks team will see Marshall to 5/8 farah at 7 with politini n Masada to share hooker. If we see ayshford or lawrence at 5/8 next week it will be season over. Would be nice however to get through one game without a serious injury hasn't happened since 05.

eyewonder

Post by eyewonder » Mon 23 Jul, 2012 8:54 pm

i love benji ,but the prerequisite of any ball sport is to look at the player you want to through the ball.

They may have been tired,but what is it with pointless up and unders.

Will the coach please put a proper halfback in the team!It is just so obvious.

By the way,their halfback is the slowest ive seen since Richard Smith foe the maggies in the dim dark past.

Come on coach,give us back the old Benji.

bundyboy

Post by bundyboy » Mon 23 Jul, 2012 9:40 pm

I think benji was too focused on getting his next hair cut ?

hellman

Post by hellman » Mon 23 Jul, 2012 9:42 pm

I can't describe how bad that effort was. Run it or pass it to the man and we score. Benji though has other plans - I'll pass it to ground.

gazroc

Post by gazroc » Mon 23 Jul, 2012 9:45 pm

The thing is he never gets punished for his mistakes, drop him to NSW Cup for a wake up call.

stryker

Post by stryker » Mon 23 Jul, 2012 9:48 pm

Personally, I think this has been Benji's most disappointing year on the field since he first hit grade.

His game - attacking brilliance - is gone. It has been replaced with run of the mill boring BS and I am mad as hell about it. Catch and pass, catch and pass, missed tackle, crap bomb, catch and pass. This is how Benji plays the game in 2012.

Whoever is responsible needs their arse kicked.

Tigersmurf

Post by Tigersmurf » Mon 23 Jul, 2012 9:50 pm

Sheens never did this to Laurie or Ricky, so why has he done it to Benji?

reynaldog

Post by reynaldog » Mon 23 Jul, 2012 9:52 pm

I agree with above comments- Benji is woeful at the moment and the commentators can only focus on those moments of "brilliance" when Benji tries the dazzle dazzle stuff...he touches the ball mainly ONCE every set ...should be alot more than that, and his last tackle kicks are ineffective...there was one moment when he tried to run the ball on the last, with nothing on, only to pass it to an under pressure Farah to get a hurried kick....this stuff is low percentage stuff...where's the maturity that has meant to come from seasons of playing footy?...Of course will stick with the Tigers win or lose, but stuff like this is so frustrating to watch...Marshall is a decent player, but as much as I love the magic he produces, it doesn't make up for the 100 errors that come off the back of it....Thurston is alot more consistent, hence a far superior player in the long run...

stryker

Post by stryker » Mon 23 Jul, 2012 10:43 pm

It looks to me on reflection that Benji has lost his passion for the game.

As Kiwi captain he was gutted to see more NZers turn their backs on their country to play Origin..then write articles urging others to follow them This I totally understand. I think those who do this are scum and agree with Benji.

His play has definetly been changed by someone and i have a feeling a few blokes other than Sheens have been in his ear. Gould often talks about Benji like he is a project - a floored genious who needs to be saved from his own talent. I wouldnt be surprised to hear that him and his boys have had some influence on his game. The bloke I have seen this year and part of last as well looks like Benji but isnt him. What we are witnessing is one of the flashiest, most gifted attacking weapons of our generation becoming castrated. He isnt an organiser, never was and never will be. He is a freak that is unleashed when scoring opportunities arise...he is a go to man.

Benji has spoken before about walking away from the game. Is it possible he is starting to think this way again? I really dont know but it is sad to see. He is one of my all time favourites.

tigerbalm

Post by tigerbalm » Mon 23 Jul, 2012 10:51 pm

Give him a break, the guy is trying to balance his acting career, hosting career, advertising carrer, a published author, columnist, women's day interviews, wedding plans, selling wedding plans to women's day, tweeting sporting products he is given, PLUS play footy. it's alot for one guy to take on. I would expect him to actually start to wind down his footy commitments to focus more on the other aspects of his busy life in the comming years...

Joke.

alexaki

Post by alexaki » Mon 23 Jul, 2012 10:57 pm

stryker wrote:It looks to me on reflection that Benji has lost his passion for the game.

As Kiwi captain he was gutted to see more NZers turn their backs on their country to play Origin..then write articles urging others to follow them This I totally understand. I think those who do this are scum and agree with Benji.

His play has definetly been changed by someone and i have a feeling a few blokes other than Sheens have been in his ear. Gould often talks about Benji like he is a project - a floored genious who needs to be saved from his own talent. I wouldnt be surprised to hear that him and his boys have had some influence on his game. The bloke I have seen this year and part of last as well looks like Benji but isnt him. What we are witnessing is one of the flashiest, most gifted attacking weapons of our generation becoming castrated. He isnt an organiser, never was and never will be. He is a freak that is unleashed when scoring opportunities arise...he is a go to man.

Benji has spoken before about walking away from the game. Is it possible he is starting to think this way again? I really dont know but it is sad to see. He is one of my all time favourites.
I see a lot of merit in your point

seijai

Post by seijai » Mon 23 Jul, 2012 11:01 pm

NO joke. He is plaing so bad I actually wish he doesnt touch the ball.

Everytime he does I just expect the ball to be:

(a) dished off to nobody
(b) dished out 30 metres for the hopeful miracle try
(c) kicked badly

reynaldog

Post by reynaldog » Mon 23 Jul, 2012 11:05 pm

seijai wrote:NO joke. He is plaing so bad I actually wish he doesnt touch the ball.

Everytime he does I just expect the ball to be:

(a) dished off to nobody
(b) dished out 30 metres for the hopeful miracle try
(c) kicked badly
WHEN he touches the ball! Last few weeks, all I see is Benji loafing around, then gets the ball on the last tackle and kicks a dud!... He should be looking for the ball more...isn't he meant to be "1st" receiver??