iosefa

Post by mtd » Mon 23 Jul, 2012 9:05 pm

cannot leave this guy out of the team based on what we saw tonight
must start hooker next week
farah to half
marshall to five eight

NJLM78

Post by NJLM78 » Mon 23 Jul, 2012 9:13 pm

I thought he would be first picked for the Panthers game after his efforts against the Bulldogs. He will be on the bench for next week. Farah will start at 9 in my opinion.

mtd

Post by mtd » Mon 23 Jul, 2012 9:13 pm

ur right, but iosefa should start. he was brilliant tonight.

tigersrule4life

Post by tigersrule4life » Mon 23 Jul, 2012 9:15 pm

I think you will see Robbie Farah at 7 with him at 9 hope Chris Lawrence And Tim Moltzen are good to go this week.

milford_magic

Post by milford_magic » Mon 23 Jul, 2012 9:16 pm

I like him but sorry we have the best hooker in the NRL. If Iosefa is good enough he can slot in somewhere else.

Robbie controls the game so well and in my opinion hes not that effective at 7.

mtd

Post by mtd » Mon 23 Jul, 2012 9:18 pm

tigersrule4life wrote:I think you will see Robbie Farah at 7 with him at 9 hope Chris Lawrence And Tim Moltzen are good to go this week.
pretty sure moltzen should be gone from fullback, subsequently moving him to the bench spot.
beau ryan was once again brilliant. high ball is NEVER a problem.
but yeah, see ya reddy. bring in one of the 20's or something we need some pace.

hellman

Post by hellman » Mon 23 Jul, 2012 9:18 pm

He has to be in the squad. He deserves to start.

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Mon 23 Jul, 2012 9:18 pm

Iosefa provides plenty. Underrated player. Our next Utai.

softlaw

Post by softlaw » Mon 23 Jul, 2012 9:23 pm

Iosefa at 7...
On the bus or under it!
Your choice.

mtd

Post by mtd » Mon 23 Jul, 2012 9:25 pm

milford_magic wrote:I like him but sorry we have the best hooker in the NRL. If Iosefa is good enough he can slot in somewhere else.

Robbie controls the game so well and in my opinion hes not that effective at 7.
idol worship will not win us premiership. farah doesnt control the game all that great from 9 to be honest. he passes the ball 1 out off the ruck and takes the occassional scoot. tonight iosefa did the same but with alot more impact..

iosefa to #7 is stupid. he just played the game of his life probably our best player on park in the #9. farah can cope with the change and the #7 suits his game more. atleast then he might do more genereal kicking practice

stryker

Post by stryker » Mon 23 Jul, 2012 9:28 pm

Sheens just said he has now been forced into playing Iosefa at 9, Farah at 7 next week.

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Mon 23 Jul, 2012 9:28 pm

mtd come on? Farah tells everybody else what to do on literally every play. He does way more than take the odd scott and pass.

mtd

Post by mtd » Mon 23 Jul, 2012 10:07 pm

MacDougall wrote:mtd come on? Farah tells everybody else what to do on literally every play. He does way more than take the odd scott and pass.
maybe thats the problem. the players around him are not morons.

farah gets in there and passes them the ball. yes he does some organising, which is part of the hooker role, but my point is iosefa did the exact same thing tonight and seemed to be alot more effective. our forwards actually made metres. we had momentum around the middle of the ruck.

i think people (not neccesarily you) think that he is a genius that reads the play and magically opens holes for our forwards. he doesnt. there is nothing apart from his name and stigma in the club that justifies keeping him there ahead of iosefa if we are going on FORM. love farah as much as the next bloke, but iosefa showed he is the better choice hooker at the moment for the benefit of the WT team.

andrew 474

Post by andrew 474 » Mon 23 Jul, 2012 10:11 pm

sped our attack up , but we still need more speedy players , chris and blake seem slow ,, bring on the speedsters

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Mon 23 Jul, 2012 10:43 pm

Farah at half has been tried, tested and FAILED over and over again but hey let's try it again it might work for the sixth time...

reynaldog

Post by reynaldog » Mon 23 Jul, 2012 10:47 pm

hybrid_tiger wrote:Farah at half has been tried, tested and FAILED over and over again but hey let's try it again it might work for the sixth time...
Agreed. Why on earth out Farah back at half back?...Surely- SURELY there must be another option....Humble at least? Miller?... He's a great player at hooker- enough with players out of position, already!!!!

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 23 Jul, 2012 10:48 pm

stryker wrote:Sheens just said he has now been forced into playing Iosefa at 9, Farah at 7 next week.
Only person forcing Sheens to do that is Sheens

Ever other bugger has had a go at 7 Why not Chisholm ??

milford_magic

Post by milford_magic » Mon 23 Jul, 2012 11:22 pm

mtd wrote:
MacDougall wrote:mtd come on? Farah tells everybody else what to do on literally every play. He does way more than take the odd scott and pass.
maybe thats the problem. the players around him are not morons.

farah gets in there and passes them the ball. yes he does some organising, which is part of the hooker role, but my point is iosefa did the exact same thing tonight and seemed to be alot more effective. our forwards actually made metres. we had momentum around the middle of the ruck.

i think people (not neccesarily you) think that he is a genius that reads the play and magically opens holes for our forwards. he doesnt. there is nothing apart from his name and stigma in the club that justifies keeping him there ahead of iosefa if we are going on FORM. love farah as much as the next bloke, but iosefa showed he is the better choice hooker at the moment for the benefit of the WT team.
My God. Iosefa played well but lets not go crazy. No I don't think Farah is superman but he is a far better player than Iosefa. How good did we look in the first 30 when he was at 9 compared to the last 50? as far as I'm concerned we looked lost in attack from the 30 minute mark. And yes there was a shuffle, but that shuffle would be pretty much the same side we field next week except for someone else playing centre other than Fulton.

As far as I'm concerned Farah was completely ineffective as soon as we moved to the halves. He was cutting them up when he was at hooker until the 30m mark and made some good metres, scored a try, gave fulton space for the second try.

Iosefa has natural skills and is a strong runner (Id play him lock and he can chime into dummy half when he wants). But while he is a great runner, very strong and fast, no way does he get us going forward like Farah does and he also doesn't overly set up our kickers well on the last. Everytime our kicker got it in the second half tonight they pretty much had a man on him. I could say more, but i don't want to appear like i don't like Iosefa, as i do, but Farah is a far better player.

Putting Farah to the halves nullifies what Farahs good at (Which is really just dummy half play....hes not overly strong, quick, elusive etc).