iosefa

ImageImageImage
User avatar
Tigersmurf
Member
Member
Posts: 1857
Joined: Tue 20 Oct, 2009 8:40 pm

Re: iosefa

Post by Tigersmurf » Tue 24 Jul, 2012 11:34 am

I thought he and Liam were our best out there last night. I disagree on his service from dummy half ck, I though he was throwing some pretty impressive ball which was providing Robbie and Benji with good clean ball to service the backs. His tackling can be ordinary with lots of arms flying around all over the place but his creativity, speed and bullocking runs gave us an extra dimension. I thought he ran the ball a lot like Utai.

It is not fair to hold him responsible for our attack after the 30 minute mark as we were busted from that time on. The fact we did all that tackling in the second half and still had some energy to test them was a credit to the team. I don't think I support Farah at half, but Iosefa has to be in the team somewhere.


milford_magic
Member
Member
Posts: 382
Joined: Sat 17 Mar, 2012 12:49 pm

Post by milford_magic » Tue 24 Jul, 2012 12:11 pm

mtd wrote:
howcan you say iosefa does not get us going forward???? what games have yoyu been watching?
check out the games over the past 4 years where farah is hooker and tell me about our go forward. last night was some of our best. we made alot of tough metres coming out of our own end. it was incredible to watch (a change).
also, our kickers are pathetic. blaming it on iosefa is ludacris. they are rubbish week in week out, whether he is there or not.
Iosefa did a good job mate I never said he didn't, but he is not as good as Farah. After the 30 minute mark we never seriously looked like scoring. There were several reasons for that, but one of the reasons was that Farah was not at 9. I like IOSEFA but the fact is Farah is better than him. In the same light, I think there are 14 better NRL Fullbacks than Ryan, but it doesn't mean I don't like Ryan.
mtd wrote:
farah can play #7 and still get into dummy half. we cant pick the team around farah (because he's only good out of dummy half). if we have someone that can do the job better or more effective than him, we need to make that call, as tough as it may be..
LOL. We aren't picking the team around Farah. Ill put it simply. Farah is the best hooker in the NRL at club level. However his the style of player that doesn't translate to other positions, and he would probably be the worst, or second worst halfback in the nrl at club level. Iosefa on the other hand is a lot quicker, stronger etc and has the ability to make an impact in other positions cause he is that type of player. Hell he could play as a hard running forward if he wanted to cause he's big and physical enough.

Secondly, it is not about making a tough call because Iosefa is not a better number 9 than Farah. Seriously LOL.

Twodogs
Member
Member
Posts: 470
Joined: Wed 15 Jun, 2011 12:22 pm

Post by Twodogs » Tue 24 Jul, 2012 12:22 pm

The solution is simple - play Iosefa from the bench as an impact player. Keep Farah at 9 but share dummy half duties when Iosefa is on the field. For chrissake Sheens, play our players to their strengths!!


Posted using RoarFEED 2012

User avatar
barra
Member
Member
Posts: 2268
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 12:54 pm
Location: Sth Coast

Post by barra » Tue 24 Jul, 2012 12:26 pm

mtd wrote:
MacDougall wrote:mtd come on? Farah tells everybody else what to do on literally every play. He does way more than take the odd scott and pass.
maybe thats the problem. the players around him are not morons.
Maybe it is the problem. At one stage Iosefa was at dummy half, Farah moved in and pushed him aside then when he got his hands on the ball it was like "oh - what now?" and he passed it straight to Benji who was standing behind the play and not wanting a bar of it! It was the same old 'no plan B' we see far too often.

I thought Iosefa was one of our best, had plenty of energy at dummy half and from what the commentators said he also brought line speed to our defence. Has to be there. Starting at hooker for mine, only to cover our lack of half back - if we had one I'd put him on the bench.

hellman
Member
Member
Posts: 561
Joined: Thu 01 Mar, 2012 5:24 pm

Post by hellman » Tue 24 Jul, 2012 12:40 pm

Twodogs wrote:The solution is simple - play Iosefa from the bench as an impact player. Keep Farah at 9 but share dummy half duties when Iosefa is on the field. For chrissake Sheens, play our players to their strengths!!
Yep. It gives Farah a break as well.


adamtiger
Member
Member
Posts: 228
Joined: Mon 26 Oct, 2009 2:03 pm
Location: Ryde

Post by adamtiger » Tue 24 Jul, 2012 1:34 pm

he created alot of spark and enthusiasm and played pretty well considering he played a game 2-3 days before hand.

If hes in the halves at lock or at 9 he needs to be somewhere in the team he combined pretty well with farah i thought

User avatar
mtd
Member
Member
Posts: 1934
Joined: Thu 16 Jul, 2009 9:23 am

Post by mtd » Tue 24 Jul, 2012 2:02 pm

milford_magic wrote:
mtd wrote:
howcan you say iosefa does not get us going forward???? what games have yoyu been watching?
check out the games over the past 4 years where farah is hooker and tell me about our go forward. last night was some of our best. we made alot of tough metres coming out of our own end. it was incredible to watch (a change).
also, our kickers are pathetic. blaming it on iosefa is ludacris. they are rubbish week in week out, whether he is there or not.
Iosefa did a good job mate I never said he didn't, but he is not as good as Farah. After the 30 minute mark we never seriously looked like scoring. There were several reasons for that, but one of the reasons was that Farah was not at 9. I like IOSEFA but the fact is Farah is better than him. In the same light, I think there are 14 better NRL Fullbacks than Ryan, but it doesn't mean I don't like Ryan.
all you have highlghted here is one of the points i am trying to make... farah is put on a pedistool... he is a great player, but last night iosefa had the ruck under control, created attack for us and was one of our only sparks in attack (with fulton). he was the one getting the ball to forwards in an ideal position for hit ups, he was the one creating space around the ruck... to even suggest he is to blame for our lack of attack is ludacris.

ive never seen our forward as effective in the 1 out hit ups last night. the go forward and positions iosefa put them in is what consistently got us out of our own end. it was BRILLIANT.
mtd wrote:
farah can play #7 and still get into dummy half. we cant pick the team around farah (because he's only good out of dummy half). if we have someone that can do the job better or more effective than him, we need to make that call, as tough as it may be..
LOL. We aren't picking the team around Farah. Ill put it simply. Farah is the best hooker in the NRL at club level. However his the style of player that doesn't translate to other positions, and he would probably be the worst, or second worst halfback in the nrl at club level. Iosefa on the other hand is a lot quicker, stronger etc and has the ability to make an impact in other positions cause he is that type of player. Hell he could play as a hard running forward if he wanted to cause he's big and physical enough.

Secondly, it is not about making a tough call because Iosefa is not a better number 9 than Farah. Seriously LOL.
again, your points of reference are 'best hooker in nrl bla bla bla' its all fluff... he is good. im not disputing that. but once again, iosefa last night showed in his 2nd game this season (i think) that he dominates from that poisiton, more so than farah has for us all year. our forwards went forward. no stupuid lines run. it was amazing. and its not the first time iosefa has proved himself for us...

lol all you want pal, infact, do it when we get knocked out of the semis or dont even make it..

iosefa must be a starting player if we are any chance of winning the comp this season, and not in the backrow...

User avatar
hybrid_tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 4564
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 10:49 am
Location: Latchem Robinson Stand

Post by hybrid_tiger » Tue 24 Jul, 2012 4:21 pm

You are off your head if you want Farah at #7.

It's been tried, tested and failed, multiple times. He is not a halfback.

I agree Iosefa should be in the side somewhere, but not at hooker.

1/4 chicken,chips
Member
Member
Posts: 1631
Joined: Sat 30 Jul, 2011 10:28 am

Post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Tue 24 Jul, 2012 5:02 pm

Twodogs wrote:The solution is simple - play Iosefa from the bench as an impact player. Keep Farah at 9 but share dummy half duties when Iosefa is on the field. For chrissake Sheens, play our players to their strengths!!


Posted using RoarFEED 2012
spot on two dogs,iosefas best used as an impact player,and why weaken the hooker,just play Miller at half ...but we all know it aint gunna happen .

User avatar
Cultured Bogan
Member
Member
Posts: 17318
Joined: Tue 15 Sep, 2009 11:20 pm
Location: Blue Mountains

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 24 Jul, 2012 5:20 pm

I'd be interested in seeing him play at half next week with Benji back at five eighth.
Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest!

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Post Reply