Joel Reddy over Grant??? or any other winger

ImageImageImage
User avatar
willow
Member
Member
Posts: 32710
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: The Village

Re: Joel Reddy over Grant??? or any other winger

Post by willow » Tue 24 Jul, 2012 12:22 pm

smeghead wrote:Please at least go to a game or two and watc Grant before asking for his call up.

He is improving all the time and a big part of that improvement is feeling part of the team and leqarning to trust the players around him and the structure in place. The NSW Cup side runs with a much more composed and straight forward structure which he is only just getting used to now and starting to look comfortable in his own skin. He still has moments of hesitation and bad reads. Next year will be his opportunity.

Both the NYC boys are confident in the structure, have trained the season week in and week out with the NRL squad and have earned their shot IMHO if they get it.

If we are going to bring in a centre to replace Lawrence I think Simona would be a real option as well.

Reddy will be picked though and we will get punished for it
I'm with you Smeg in this regard. With Lawrence out, I'd be bringing Simona in. He's in good form for BRET and handled FG well last year, and was defensively sound. If we need a winger brought in, then either Koroibete or Nofoaluma ahead of Grant IMO.

One thing was apparent last night, once the Cowboys got on the outside of the Tigers, it was all over. They have speed, we don't and we need to get some into the side.


milford_magic
Member
Member
Posts: 382
Joined: Sat 17 Mar, 2012 12:49 pm

Post by milford_magic » Tue 24 Jul, 2012 12:29 pm

willow wrote:
One thing was apparent last night, once the Cowboys got on the outside of the Tigers, it was all over. They have speed, we don't and we need to get some into the side.
Yep. It has actually been exploited a few times this year. Bulldogs exploited it against us at the SFS and Canberras outside backs absolutely made fools of us at Campbelltown in round 4.

Pace is just a wonderful thing. I look at the Dugan intercept vs Cronulla on Sunday, if that was one of our wingers they probably don't go more than 50-60 metres. Ayshford also picked up a ball yesterday (and to be fair did well), a genuine speedster could of made a real push for the try line.

User avatar
cktiger
Member
Member
Posts: 3456
Joined: Fri 12 Nov, 2010 10:37 am

Post by cktiger » Tue 24 Jul, 2012 12:36 pm

After Lawrence got hurt and with no Moltzen on the field we had zero players you would call quick (Benji seems to have lost pace over a distance)
If everybody else can see it what's wrong with the coach?

zebraman
Member
Member
Posts: 83
Joined: Sun 08 Apr, 2012 8:26 pm

Post by zebraman » Tue 24 Jul, 2012 1:56 pm

Andy666 wrote:How can he be picked week in week out. he let in 3 of the tries in tonight game. The first one he has know idea and was on the floor when they scored from a bomb. his defending in the centres was terrible..

Im sorry but with a player like john grant that has proven himself in the shute shield and internationls 7's, he must be given a go. He is a try scoring machine and can take a bomb. the positional play will come with time, but surely he will do a better job the the turnstyle reddy.!!!! COME ON SHEENSY THIS IS WHEN THE HARD DECISIONS NEED TO BE MADE!!!!
x2


Posted using RoarFEED 2012

User avatar
softlaw
Member
Member
Posts: 3714
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 9:43 pm
Location: The Monaro. South of Canberra.

Post by softlaw » Tue 24 Jul, 2012 2:54 pm

remeber at the start of the season sheens was skiting that we had the fastest halves pairing in the comp...
We are currently the slowest side by so far it's not funny.
On the bus or under it!
Your choice.


bundyboy
Member
Member
Posts: 299
Joined: Fri 06 Apr, 2012 11:12 pm

Post by bundyboy » Tue 24 Jul, 2012 2:58 pm

softlaw wrote:remeber at the start of the season sheens was skiting that we had the fastest halves pairing in the comp...
We are currently the slowest side by so far it's not funny.
Sheens also quoted that moltzen could be the next blues halfback lol !


Posted using RoarFEED 2012

User avatar
underdog
Member
Member
Posts: 5270
Joined: Tue 27 Apr, 2010 5:25 pm
Location: Gold Coast

Post by underdog » Tue 24 Jul, 2012 3:01 pm

bundyboy wrote:
softlaw wrote:remeber at the start of the season sheens was skiting that we had the fastest halves pairing in the comp...
We are currently the slowest side by so far it's not funny.
Sheens also quoted that moltzen could be the next blues halfback lol !


Posted using RoarFEED 2012
on potential he could have been.

in practise he was.... ineffective.

Moltzen needs to grow a pair and show us what he can do - he flirted with it back in 2010 whilst still a fullback, and looked ominous.
Image

User avatar
cktiger
Member
Member
Posts: 3456
Joined: Fri 12 Nov, 2010 10:37 am

Post by cktiger » Tue 24 Jul, 2012 3:57 pm

underdog wrote:
bundyboy wrote:
softlaw wrote:remeber at the start of the season sheens was skiting that we had the fastest halves pairing in the comp...
We are currently the slowest side by so far it's not funny.
Sheens also quoted that moltzen could be the next blues halfback lol !


Posted using RoarFEED 2012
on potential he could have been.

in practise he was.... ineffective.

Moltzen needs to grow a pair and show us what he can do - he flirted with it back in 2010 whilst still a fullback, and looked ominous.
He was moved out of half because Humble wasn't handling fullback after Tedesco's injury.
The first few games this year when he did play at half was when our pack was being monstered and labelled as soft.
Not the ideal scenario for a halfback to shine.

Post Reply