We Will Win!!

ImageImageImage
Kickoff:
Venue:
Telecast:
AmericanHistoryX

Re: We Will Win!!

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Thu 26 Jul, 2012 10:02 pm

Is that how roosters fans think Golden. Just give up without a fight. I can see you've learnt a lot from that Roosters site. Heaven help us if our players had your mentality.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

willow

Post by willow » Thu 26 Jul, 2012 10:06 pm

AmericanHistoryX wrote:That's all I wanted to know. But I can't share your sentiment. I guess as individuals we see life differently. However respect your opinion. Half empty half full I guess.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mean to be negative, but I always try and be realistic. I thought there were some promising signs shown against the Cowboys on Monday night, we the backline more heavily involved and some good ball movement in the first half but we just couldn't go on with it as the injuries mounted and the possession swung in the Cowboys favor.

Several issues that we're all aware of are apparent though:

1. We lack speed out wide. Several teams have exploited this and I believe Sheens needs to do something about it. We no longer boast superior speed on the edges and this really does blunt our attack, particularly given how proficient the Tigers are at creating overlaps through superior ball movement. We have genuine speed in the lower grades and it's interesting to note Balmain use it quite well to put John Grant on the outside of his opposite. They did it against Manly and he just had far too much pace for the cover defence.

I'm not saying Grant is ready for FG, but given the Tigers predicament out wide, players like Grant, Koroibete and Nofoaluma look to be the next best options at the Tigers disposal given Lawrence, Lote, Moltzen and now Simona are all injured.

Utai while powerful and Reddy while decent under the high ball and boasting a good offload, simply lack the speed to get on the outside of their opponents and go on with the job.

2. The halves have been an issue all year and even more so now with young Sirro gone until mid next year. Many people have called for Miller to be promoted to 7 and Benji shifted back to 6. I think this would be the best option, but hey, we're not seeing it so far. The other options include moving Humble to 6, or possibly Fulton, and while both players give their all, they are not going to come up with match winning plays.

3. The forward pack while decent, is not rolling over the top of teams. Woods consistently makes good metres, Farah is in form and we now have Ellis back, but the Tigers are a mobile pack, not a massive aggressive pack. It works well when we dominate possession and work off the back of a good kick/chase, but this is rare given the Tigers consistency this season.

4. We simply struggle to focus for the full 80 minutes. The Tigers can look like world beaters for brief stints, even look consistent for decent stints, but there have generally been instances where we switch off for 10-20 minutes and cop 2 or 3 soft tries, which has resulted in several losses this season which would have otherwise left the Tigers probably sitting in third or fourth position, rather than 8th.

What this all equates to? Balance IMO, and we just don't have it at the moment. I know the players are trying, but the overall balance of the squad is just wrong at the moment. It only needs a little bit of tweaking, but I just don't think we'll have the firepower or balance to knock over Souths this week. They're playing tough up the middle and have speed out wide. Two things we're struggling to contain at present.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Thu 26 Jul, 2012 10:16 pm

But we have Benji

Golden

Post by Golden » Thu 26 Jul, 2012 10:17 pm

AmericanHistoryX wrote:Is that how roosters fans think Golden. Just give up without a fight. I can see you've learnt a lot from that Roosters site. Heaven help us if our players had your mentality.

what makes you think they dont have the mentallity? somtimes it looks like they dont wanna be out there in games this year.

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Thu 26 Jul, 2012 10:23 pm

Realistically speaking we still have a chance. And what about those fans that come to the game this Sunday Willow. What will their expectations be. I'm not challenging you I just want to be educated by someone as yourself with an insight into the game. It must be a little down in the dumps feeling. I feel excited. In gonna feel alive on Sunday morning when i wake filled with hope! Always great matches lately these 2 teams. I don't think it'll be any different come this time round.

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Thu 26 Jul, 2012 10:24 pm

The above Willow

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 26 Jul, 2012 10:26 pm

Golden your saying we are no chance, so does that mean you'll spare us from your crying in the live game thread? :pray:

Whats the point in whinging if you already know the outcome

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Thu 26 Jul, 2012 10:26 pm

Golden wrote:
AmericanHistoryX wrote:Is that how roosters fans think Golden. Just give up without a fight. I can see you've learnt a lot from that Roosters site. Heaven help us if our players had your mentality.

what makes you think they dont have the mentallity? somtimes it looks like they dont wanna be out there in games this year.
Man you' be been on the roosters site & you still haven't figured out that Anasta wants out because of that exact attitude.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Thu 26 Jul, 2012 10:27 pm

Weve only looked like weve given up once or twice, and at stages thru those games.

You give up constantly, never endingly

Golden

Post by Golden » Thu 26 Jul, 2012 10:30 pm

Mentality is the reason this team hasn't been to more grand finals its never been with skills and ability its always been mentality and most of that is the blame of the coach

Just about all our losses this year have come because of our mentality

I don't actually give us a chance at all which is good because it mans no pressure and not expecting anything. people keep waiting and saying we will click it aint gonna happen this year and it certainly aint gonna happen without half a first grade team this week.

we will either lose this game by 40 or lead 22-6 with 15 to go and choke like we always do to souths 24-22 remember some things never change in life.

willow

Post by willow » Thu 26 Jul, 2012 10:30 pm

AmericanHistoryX wrote:Realistically speaking we still have a chance. And what about those fans that come to the game this Sunday Willow. What will their expectations be. I'm not challenging you I just want to be educated by someone as yourself with an insight into the game. It must be a little down in the dumps feeling. I feel excited. In gonna feel alive on Sunday morning when i wake filled with hope! Always great matches lately these 2 teams. I don't think it'll be any different come this time round.

I always like to give the Tigers a chance, and hey, back in the day under Terry Lamb when we were an absolute rabble, we occasionally pulled off a massive upset. A couple of wins against heavyweight Eels and Bulldogs outfits come to mind when no one gave us a hope in hell of winning.

As for the fans who turn up? Well I expect they feel the Tigers can win. They might of course, but the odds are against us. I just feel with the players we have sitting on the sidelines, against a Souths pack who are full of confidence and playing well, it just might be beyond us. I do hope I'm wrong, but that's a my gut feeling at the moment.

Golden

Post by Golden » Thu 26 Jul, 2012 10:34 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:Golden your saying we are no chance, so does that mean you'll spare us from your crying in the live game thread? :pray:

ok ill make a deal when where down by 20 -0 after 15 mins I will go in the live game thread and say how awsome we are and how we will win the game and come back from the dead. that should make you feel a lot better.

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Thu 26 Jul, 2012 10:35 pm

Golden wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:Golden your saying we are no chance, so does that mean you'll spare us from your crying in the live game thread?

ok ill make a deal when where down by 20 -0 after 15 mins I will go in the live game thread and say how awsome we are and how we will win the game and come back from the dead. that should make you feel a lot better.
Thank you Golden. Best thing you ever said!

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 26 Jul, 2012 10:37 pm

It would make me feel better if you just said nothing at all for a change

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 26 Jul, 2012 10:41 pm

You look at everything with absolutley no objectivity. Its true a lot of us are doom and gloomers at times but you take it to an entire new level. It wouldn't surprise me if you were just trolling half the time

Golden

Post by Golden » Thu 26 Jul, 2012 10:42 pm

maybe if I didn't go through 1991 to 2004 of no semi finals games and constant bottom 4 finishes then from 06 to 09 of choking the top 8 and 2010 to 2011 of choking semi final games. Then Id probaly find it in my heart or head to be more positive and hold hope and faith. but from years and years of constant let down you must understand why I can never feel confident. (I tried that once against the Bulldogs being Confident and I was let down Note WHY I am the way I am)

Maybe if this team goes on a good 10 years straight semi final run each year with different results like a Manly Storm Broncos Dragons have done in the past I may finally have some faith and confidence in the team I support.

It's easy for a Broncos fan who have only missed the semis once in 20 years to come out cocky every week.

Golden

Post by Golden » Thu 26 Jul, 2012 10:43 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:It would make me feel better if you just said nothing at all for a change
check out the panthers live game thread.. I wasn't posting in it at all ZERO DUCK EGG
did you feel better??? or did you care less?? no you didn't you were happy we won the last thing on your mind is ohh wow golden wasn't in the live game thread.
I was at the game.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 26 Jul, 2012 10:46 pm

That was a first :lol: