Benji Marshall

ImageImageImage
Kickoff:
Venue:
Telecast:
ozcrusader

Re: Benji Marshall

Post by ozcrusader » Sun 29 Jul, 2012 5:22 pm

People blaming Marshall for this are clueless.

He is a five eigth. He is not an organiser - he is individually brilliant, can create something out of nothing and is a match winner on his day.

The problem is that idiot Sheens has tried to make him into an organising halfback. Which he is not. He has tried it before and failed. He is trying it again, and will fail.

Sheens is a deadset clown He has no idea of what playing players IN POSITION means. Marshall was going great last year because he had an organising half (Lui) outside him. Ditto when he had Prince.

The problem is Sheens. He has been there too long. He is out of ideas. He has brought a whole lot to this club, including a level of professionalism and a GF - neither of which we had before.

But by hanging on now, he is doing himself and this club a great disservice. Time to say goodbye.


User avatar
cnx_tigers
Member
Member
Posts: 827
Joined: Sun 19 Jul, 2009 6:57 pm

Post by cnx_tigers » Sun 29 Jul, 2012 5:24 pm

ozcrusader wrote:People blaming Marshall for this are clueless.

He is a five eigth. He is not an organiser - he is individually brilliant, can create something out of nothing and is a match winner on his day.

The problem is that idiot Sheens has tried to make him into an organising halfback. Which he is not. He has tried it before and failed. He is trying it again, and will fail.

Sheens is a deadset clown He has no idea of what playing players IN POSITION means. Marshall was going great last year because he had an organising half (Lui) outside him. Ditto when he had Prince.

The problem is Sheens. He has been there too long. He is out of ideas. He has brought a whole lot to this club, including a level of professionalism and a GF - neither of which we had before.

But by hanging on now, he is doing himself and this club a great disservice. Time to say goodbye.

GREAT post.

angeman
Member
Member
Posts: 477
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 7:14 am

Post by angeman » Sun 29 Jul, 2012 5:25 pm

Sheens can't fix a thing - 5th tackle options are a joke...


Posted using RoarFEED 2012

paulgeorge
Posts: 26
Joined: Sun 29 May, 2011 6:39 pm

Post by paulgeorge » Sun 29 Jul, 2012 5:28 pm

I would like to get $600,000 a season and do nothing for my pay check. We will at the bottom of the ladder next season.

smoking gun
Member
Member
Posts: 1321
Joined: Fri 24 Jun, 2011 12:29 pm
Location: Sydney, nsw

Post by smoking gun » Sun 29 Jul, 2012 5:33 pm

You guys are pathetic are you even watching the game or just getting updates on twitter? 26 missed tackles in the first half. Our defense was no where how do u expect him to do anything when we are coming off out goal line most the game.

Our defense is pathetic and not FG standard. put johns or lockyear in this team results would be the same. Pathetic defense. I'm not just talking missed tackles. They Arent putting in plain and simple.


smoking gun
Member
Member
Posts: 1321
Joined: Fri 24 Jun, 2011 12:29 pm
Location: Sydney, nsw

Post by smoking gun » Sun 29 Jul, 2012 5:35 pm

paulgeorge wrote:I would like to get $600,000 a season and do nothing for my pay check. We will at the bottom of the ladder next season.
You are a peanut he is ranked second in try assists and linebreak assists this year. If he is doing nothing show me the guys doing something

1/4 chicken,chips
Member
Member
Posts: 1635
Joined: Sat 30 Jul, 2011 10:28 am

Post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Sun 29 Jul, 2012 5:39 pm

smoking gun wrote:You guys are pathetic are you even watching the game or just getting updates on twitter? 26 missed tackles in the first half. Our defense was no where how do u expect him to do anything when we are coming off out goal line most the game.

Our defense is pathetic and not FG standard. put johns or lockyear in this team results would be the same. Pathetic defense. I'm not just talking missed tackles. They Arent putting in plain and simple.
so where is the problem for our pathetic performances ,who picks our roster , who selects our team.we have players who are not up to first grade standard,our was ok for 15 minutes or so usually when we make our first interchange.
i love it how a poster can call fellow fans PATHETIC and a PEANUT and thats cool but when we have an opinion on why the team is going bad it gets deleted .Benji may have good attacking stats , but like i said in another post , show me his defence stats.

smoking gun
Member
Member
Posts: 1321
Joined: Fri 24 Jun, 2011 12:29 pm
Location: Sydney, nsw

Post by smoking gun » Sun 29 Jul, 2012 5:48 pm

1/4 - problem is simple. It's defense. Our structures are poor. And I'll say this.. Our "experienced" side on defense was the one where most the breaks and indents were made. Ayshford was pathetic Blair and iosefa were pathetic. It's no coincidence that our defense and fitness in games has dropped this year with folkes departure.

Dragons for as pathetic as they are still are the 4th best defense in the league, something we were last year... No coincidence the common link yeah??

We are ineffective in tackles. Lots of arm tacklers in our team. Our line gets pushed back for the majority of games. We are the WORST team in the Nrl for meters conceded this year

hellman
Member
Member
Posts: 561
Joined: Thu 01 Mar, 2012 5:24 pm

Post by hellman » Sun 29 Jul, 2012 5:51 pm

1/4 chicken,chips wrote:
hellman wrote:He was better than Robbie was.
now that wouldnt be hard seeing our coach has moved the origin hooker to a position he has never played well in .
Still scratching my head on that masterstroke by Sheens , and see what 6 weeks with another coach has done to Robbie . its not rocket science rugby league, play your players in their best positions .
I agree that Robbie should have stayed at hooker. I thought Benji last week was terrible but this week I thought he put in and I can't crucify him for that.

He ran the ball and gave it a shot. His defence was okay as well. Not a great performance but not terrible.

I don't think that either Robbie or Benji were the problem out there today.

1/4 chicken,chips
Member
Member
Posts: 1635
Joined: Sat 30 Jul, 2011 10:28 am

Post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Sun 29 Jul, 2012 5:52 pm

and all your excuses fall on the main man.

jmp7875
Member
Member
Posts: 74
Joined: Fri 15 Jul, 2011 5:56 pm

Post by jmp7875 » Sun 29 Jul, 2012 5:54 pm

1/4 chicken,chips wrote:
smoking gun wrote:You guys are pathetic are you even watching the game or just getting updates on twitter? 26 missed tackles in the first half. Our defense was no where how do u expect him to do anything when we are coming off out goal line most the game.

Our defense is pathetic and not FG standard. put johns or lockyear in this team results would be the same. Pathetic defense. I'm not just talking missed tackles. They Arent putting in plain and simple.
so where is the problem for our pathetic performances ,who picks our roster , who selects our team.we have players who are not up to first grade standard,our was ok for 15 minutes or so usually when we make our first interchange.
i love it how a poster can call fellow fans PATHETIC and a PEANUT and thats cool but when we have an opinion on why the team is going bad it gets deleted .Benji may have good attacking stats , but like i said in another post , show me his defence stats.
very true 1/4 chicken.
smoking gun 26 missed tackles in the first half,would of love to know how many mr superstar contributed to that..
early in the first half,we are attacking the try line,benji goes for a miricle kick in behind the defenders,ON THE 3RD TACKLE :crazy .doesnt come off,misses the ensuing tackle ,souths go 60 meters ,and score of the next tackle,oh yeah who missed the tackle,benji and blair
thats enough for me............

Muffstar
Member
Member
Posts: 2311
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: Port Macquarie

Post by Muffstar » Sun 29 Jul, 2012 5:54 pm

smoking gun wrote:1/4 - problem is simple. It's defense. Our structures are poor. And I'll say this.. Our "experienced" side on defense was the one where most the breaks and indents were made. Ayshford was pathetic Blair and iosefa were pathetic. It's no coincidence that our defense and fitness in games has dropped this year with folkes departure.

Dragons for as pathetic as they are still are the 4th best defense in the league, something we were last year... No coincidence the common link yeah??

We are ineffective in tackles. Lots of arm tacklers in our team. Our line gets pushed back for the majority of games. We are the WORST team in the Nrl for meters conceded this year
It's not just defence, it is also attack, we offer nothing in attack and arm grabs in defence, noone will put their body on the line. Fully agree with you about Blair and Iosefa, hopeless.

smoking gun
Member
Member
Posts: 1321
Joined: Fri 24 Jun, 2011 12:29 pm
Location: Sydney, nsw

Post by smoking gun » Sun 29 Jul, 2012 5:55 pm

Today performance was more embarrassing then when we got 50 put on us back to back in 04. Atleast we had excuses back then. This team is gutless.

hellman
Member
Member
Posts: 561
Joined: Thu 01 Mar, 2012 5:24 pm

Post by hellman » Sun 29 Jul, 2012 5:55 pm

smoking gun wrote:Ayshford was pathetic Blair and iosefa were pathetic.
These 3 were pretty poor. Ioesfa has been great but he got a big chance today and was real bad.

smoking gun
Member
Member
Posts: 1321
Joined: Fri 24 Jun, 2011 12:29 pm
Location: Sydney, nsw

Post by smoking gun » Sun 29 Jul, 2012 5:56 pm

Today performance was more embarrassing then when we got 50 put on us back to back in 04. Atleast we had excuses back then. This team is gutless.

hellman
Member
Member
Posts: 561
Joined: Thu 01 Mar, 2012 5:24 pm

Post by hellman » Sun 29 Jul, 2012 5:57 pm

Muffstar wrote:It's not just defence, it is also attack, we offer nothing in attack
I think that this is most of the problem. We don't threaten the opposition so they get to relax. Then when we have to defend they are raring to go and we have nothing.

User avatar
TIGER
Member
Member
Posts: 3471
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 10:40 am

Post by TIGER » Sun 29 Jul, 2012 5:59 pm

hellman wrote:
1/4 chicken,chips wrote:
hellman wrote:He was better than Robbie was.
now that wouldnt be hard seeing our coach has moved the origin hooker to a position he has never played well in .
Still scratching my head on that masterstroke by Sheens , and see what 6 weeks with another coach has done to Robbie . its not rocket science rugby league, play your players in their best positions .
I agree that Robbie should have stayed at hooker. I thought Benji last week was terrible but this week I thought he put in and I can't crucify him for that.

He ran the ball and gave it a shot. His defence was okay as well. Not a great performance but not terrible.

I don't think that either Robbie or Benji were the problem out there today.
If you think Benjis game was anything but terrible then you are seriously delusional and you need to see a doctor asap.

jmp7875
Member
Member
Posts: 74
Joined: Fri 15 Jul, 2011 5:56 pm

Post by jmp7875 » Sun 29 Jul, 2012 5:59 pm

smoking gun wrote:1/4 - problem is simple. It's defense. Our structures are poor. And I'll say this.. Our "experienced" side on defense was the one where most the breaks and indents were made. Ayshford was pathetic Blair and iosefa were pathetic. It's no coincidence that our defense and fitness in games has dropped this year with folkes departure.

Dragons for as pathetic as they are still are the 4th best defense in the league, something we were last year... No coincidence the common link yeah??

We are ineffective in tackles. Lots of arm tacklers in our team. Our line gets pushed back for the majority of games. We are the WORST team in the Nrl for meters conceded this year
i agree with the common link.but alot of ppl reckon he didnt have much to do with our defence those last 2 years,bull crap. :crazy :crazy :crazy :crazy
i got to defend ayshford today,maybe his attack was poor coz of the work he did in defence,like i said in another post it would of be at least 50 points put on us if he wasnt out there,made so many try saving tackles

Post Reply