Benji Marshall

ImageImageImage
Kickoff:
Venue:
Telecast:
Tiger Watto

Re: Benji Marshall

Post by Tiger Watto » Sun 29 Jul, 2012 6:01 pm

"he ran the ball and gave it a shot" - sideways doesnt count... if he runs backwards over our own dead ball line are you still pleased he is running? It has the same result!

Benji needs a footballer inside of him. At the moment, what benji wants benji gets and it is killing him and us! If we were coached by Wayne Bennett, Benji would get hooked after the number of brain farts he has...

Its all there on the tape. We are down by 30, 1 minute to go and the guy kicks on the first tackle... He has no discipline and benji needs a coach with enough balls to belt it into him!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

reynaldog

Post by reynaldog » Sun 29 Jul, 2012 6:02 pm

Yep, Tigers are woeful at the moment and one of the main reasons Marshall is being exposed as a dud is basically playing out of position and lack of strike players like Lote and Lawrence who have half an idea of how Marshall will improvise. How many times do you see also, Marshall waving his forwards to go inside/drift outside....there's also no understanding from the forwards of what they are expected to do, so when they do get it, they are flat footed and easy targets. Fulton is only back rower who understands what lines to run when Marshall has it...

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

tiger4ever

Post by tiger4ever » Sun 29 Jul, 2012 6:05 pm

usual benji 1 week good 3 weeks bad....he needs to wake up and start playing consistent footy...hes getting paid enough.For the money he is getting he is well below what should be expected of him.

Lawrence has done nothing all year so he wouldnt have made a difference

boonboon

Post by boonboon » Sun 29 Jul, 2012 6:06 pm

Steve Folkes that what we are missing Steve Folkes

As for Benji thought he tried hard all day was looking for runners and no one ran onto the ball- He ran the ball more the he has but its not his fault if no one runs off him or runs forward- Those saying Benji was the problem today can just accept right here right now that they no very little about football

He was the only one looking dangerous

In defence he wasnt great but he is a half he wont ever be perfect in defence - our forwards were dissapointing lead by Ellis, Blair, Fulton all struggling in defence

Iosefa was horrible in defence which was dissapointing because he has looked good in attack

As above I though Ayshford was on of our better players today - probably only Woods, Utai and mayby Beau were better

Our bench was woeful - Moors, Cashmere arent up to this level (which isa why we have signed Pettybourne and Thompson I guess)

tigertales

Post by tigertales » Sun 29 Jul, 2012 6:06 pm

Onya Watto finally some reason. He is a footballer he is playing rubbish and people on here want to blame Sheens the number on his back the forwards and everything else. Face it he gets over half million a year to play footy and he is playing rubbish in attack and defence. Reynolds killed him out there on less than half his dough. I know who I'd rather have atm.

Posted using RoarFEED

hellman

Post by hellman » Sun 29 Jul, 2012 6:08 pm

TIGER wrote:If you think Benjis game was anything but terrible then you are seriously delusional and you need to see a doctor asap.
I thought last week he was terrible but I thought he had a go today. He ran the footy and tried hard. I think we are simply a team that is lacking any impact at the moment.

Don't get me wrong I don't think he was good but I don't think he was that bad.

reynaldog

Post by reynaldog » Sun 29 Jul, 2012 6:08 pm

I agree too Lawrence has been out of form too...and little contribution from him this year too. I was more thinking of the golden period when Marshall does look like a quality play maker (a few years ago, not now)... Lawrence and Tuiaki made Marshall look like a wizard

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

hellman

Post by hellman » Sun 29 Jul, 2012 6:09 pm

boonboon wrote:He was the only one looking dangerous
Yep. Its pretty hard when you are the only player who looks like he can do something.

smoking gun

Post by smoking gun » Sun 29 Jul, 2012 6:11 pm

If sheens had stuck with miller at the start of the season we would be better off now and reapin the rewards like we did with lui. That was our 6th different halves pairing this season.... 6th different halves pairing in 18 games... You wonder why there is continuity etc.... That's why...

But none of that excuses us being the worst defensive team in the comp.

ragedmachine

Post by ragedmachine » Sun 29 Jul, 2012 6:22 pm

I can tell you straight it has nothing to do with coaching, injury, personal life etc etc.

It's playing habit pure and simple.

I have been told I have a very similar playing style to benji and whilst I have tried to refine it into a more structured style, my natural ability is what always comes instinctively and yes, alot of the time it doesn't go as planned because it is instinctive and spontaneous.

Take it from someone who is actually in his position, football-wise, he needs to never wear the number 7 again (even though today he didn't wear it), stay in the 6 and needs a dominant halfback to give him quality ball so he can use his footwork to RUN the ball..he should be stamped never to grubber or kick in play again.

tiger4ever

Post by tiger4ever » Sun 29 Jul, 2012 6:28 pm

smoking gun wrote:If sheens had stuck with miller at the start of the season we would be better off now and reapin the rewards like we did with lui. That was our 6th different halves pairing this season.... 6th different halves pairing in 18 games... You wonder why there is continuity etc.... That's why...

But none of that excuses us being the worst defensive team in the comp.

Well if miller had it then sheens would have stuck with him..he stuck with lui over and over even after some shocking performances.And lets face marshall still did all the same things he did today...6 or 7 on his back it doesnt matter

Tiger_heart

Post by Tiger_heart » Sun 29 Jul, 2012 6:32 pm

[quote="jas83"]Never thought I would bag him and say this but he isnt a first grade player based on his form. His dreadful! Everytime he has got the ball today he has done something stupid or ruin the play. He cost us last week and this week he has been worse player on the field.[/

Aishford summed him up pretty well when he chased a kick no one even knew was on :crazy thanks for the diamonds benji but your stones are costing us plenty

weststigers

Post by weststigers » Sun 29 Jul, 2012 6:37 pm

westie18 wrote:He looks like he doesn`t care!!!
Spot on...the way he is just dumping the ball to players standing still and stupid kicks/passes is pretty poor.

We just went side to side today and the Rabbitohs defence just went with us. We need a serious wake up call!

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Sun 29 Jul, 2012 6:51 pm

"when Benji & I arent playing well, we wont win footy games..." - Robbie Farah
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

mikey

Post by mikey » Sun 29 Jul, 2012 6:54 pm

Yup. It was like who gives a rat. If this is what he wants to dish up I'd rather he be sent to State Cup.

milford_magic

Post by milford_magic » Sun 29 Jul, 2012 6:55 pm

weststigers wrote:
Spot on...the way he is just dumping the ball to players standing still and stupid kicks/passes is pretty poor.
Good point. I hate this. He gets the ball runs sideways, realises nothing is on, tells them to come inside him and we waste a tackle.

Benji is playing poor. He is not running at the line and taking it on.

The ONLY time he runs the ball, and I mean the ONLY is on the last tackle , lol...

cqtiger

Post by cqtiger » Sun 29 Jul, 2012 8:12 pm

Defense is our problem. In the 19 games played this year:
7 times this year we have had 30+ points scored against us
7 times this year we have kept the opposition from scoring less than 10 points in a match

Our defense has been quite bad for quite a while but our attack in previous years has masked how bad our defending has been. All the teams know our on line defense is tissue thin most of the time. Sad really. I blamed Royce Simmons, Steve Folks improved it, Steve Georgalis has no idea.
If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse
– Henry Ford

gazroc

Post by gazroc » Sun 29 Jul, 2012 8:28 pm

cqtiger wrote:Defense is our problem. In the 19 games played this year:
7 times this year we have had 30+ points scored against us
7 times this year we have kept the opposition from scoring less than 10 points in a match

Our defense has been quite bad for quite a while but our attack in previous years has masked how bad our defending has been. All the teams know our on line defense is tissue thin most of the time. Sad really. I blamed Royce Simmons, Steve Folks improved it, Steve Georgalis has no idea.
Mate are you watching the same games as me. Our defense has been placed under so much unnecessary pressure from Marshall's unforced errors and wasted kicking, he his killing the team. The defensive lapses are purely put down to fatigue from having to tackle to much, eventually you are going to miss a few. As for Marshall, I think it is time for a stint on NSW Cup, not as punishment but has a opportunity for him to regain some form.