Benji Marshall

ImageImageImage
Kickoff:
Venue:
Telecast:
1/4 chicken,chips

Re: Benji Marshall

Post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Sun 29 Jul, 2012 8:43 pm

Benj will never see state cup so your wasting your time considering it .
Give him a real number 7 and things will change.
You just watch sheens play Anasta at 6 and benj in 7 next year .
We need a player who can think about what he is going to do and then execute it .today at about the 15 minute mark when Benj danced around 5 players sideways then when he knew he was gone he put in a crap kick and then missed the tackle and souths are 60 metres up field ,when a nice little gruubber with chasers was the only option.
Thats when the rot started today imo .

cunno

Post by cunno » Sun 29 Jul, 2012 8:47 pm

Watto wrote, "Its all there on the tape. We are down by 30, 1 minute to go and the guy kicks on the first tackle... He has no discipline and benji needs a coach with enough balls to belt it into him!"

For sure, he needs a reality check in terms of self discipline and the fact he is playing in a team.

gazroc

Post by gazroc » Sun 29 Jul, 2012 8:59 pm

I would put Marshall on the wing at least he can't run sideways or pass it over the sideline. I had to turn my television upside down to see Marshall run straight, it has become a joke but it is not funny.

TigerFlame

Post by TigerFlame » Sun 29 Jul, 2012 9:05 pm

I WANT THIS BENJI BACK!!!

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sun 29 Jul, 2012 9:09 pm

gazroc wrote:I would put Marshall on the wing at least he can't run sideways or pass it over the sideline. I had to turn my television upside down to see Marshall run straight, it has become a joke but it is not funny.
:roll

That is brilliant, if I don't laugh ill cry!

gazroc

Post by gazroc » Sun 29 Jul, 2012 9:12 pm

TigerFlame wrote:I WANT THIS BENJI BACK!!!

Yep I saw it the other day, how wide was he playing in these games. taking blokes on one on one with straight running and a sidestep. Can you send him this link?

alexaki

Post by alexaki » Sun 29 Jul, 2012 9:30 pm

gazroc wrote:

... ature=plcp
Yep I saw it the other day, how wide was he playing in these games. taking blokes on one on one with straight running and a sidestep. Can you send him this link?
Watching these clips really highlighted what a poor season benji has had this year... Nothing like the benji of old

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

RatedRKO

Post by RatedRKO » Sun 29 Jul, 2012 10:27 pm

Someone send that to Sheens.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 29 Jul, 2012 10:31 pm

RatedRKO wrote:

Someone send that to Sheens.
We will never see this Marshall again consistantly and never against top class opposition

When was the last time you saw Benji rip apart a Top 4 side at full strength

Mark my words

stryker

Post by stryker » Mon 30 Jul, 2012 12:07 am

Why though?

I want him back as well. I hate the player he has become this year. Even last year he was ripping sides to shreds. This year he plays like Soward.

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Mon 30 Jul, 2012 7:24 am

A fair chunk of that was Benji with a halfback, Benji 2 wide of the ruck......

We've missed our chance in 2010 and 2011.

That video also made me miss TnT

tiga4eva

Post by tiga4eva » Mon 30 Jul, 2012 7:25 am

stryker wrote:Why though?

I want him back as well. I hate the player he has become this year. Even last year he was ripping sides to shreds. This year he plays like Soward.
Sowards a better kicker

dermo

Post by dermo » Mon 30 Jul, 2012 9:26 am

ragedmachine wrote:I can tell you straight it has nothing to do with coaching, injury, personal life etc etc.

It's playing habit pure and simple.

I have been told I have a very similar playing style to benji and whilst I have tried to refine it into a more structured style, my natural ability is what always comes instinctively and yes, alot of the time it doesn't go as planned because it is instinctive and spontaneous.

Take it from someone who is actually in his position, football-wise, he needs to never wear the number 7 again (even though today he didn't wear it), stay in the 6 and needs a dominant halfback to give him quality ball so he can use his footwork to RUN the ball..he should be stamped never to grubber or kick in play again.
lol

Twodogs

Post by Twodogs » Mon 30 Jul, 2012 10:22 am

1/4 chicken,chips wrote:
hellman wrote:He was better than Robbie was.
now that wouldnt be hard seeing our coach has moved the origin hooker to a position he has never played well in .
Still scratching my head on that masterstroke by Sheens , and see what 6 weeks with another coach has done to Robbie . its not rocket science rugby league, play your players in their best positions .
And that coach is STUART!! You know you're failing as a coach when your miles behind Sticky.

Twodogs

Post by Twodogs » Mon 30 Jul, 2012 10:25 am

TIGER wrote:This bs about blaming Sheens for Benjis below average performances is so lame.
Benji is the only person that is accountable for his performance, i'm sick of hearing this crap when he plays poorly, everyone wants to blame someone or something else for it, it's absolutely pathetic. Just admit Benji is not all that and really never was but he's done an incredible job of fooling everyone he is.
And how does he play for NZ? Carved up the Aussies from what i remember. And under a different coach too...

kh_canada

Post by kh_canada » Mon 30 Jul, 2012 10:53 am

Hitting form in 11'
sinking in 12'
Reinstating in 13' ?

The Huth... the Huth... the Huth is on fire

kh_canada

Post by kh_canada » Mon 30 Jul, 2012 11:28 am

Just finished watching bonstonkerstigers videos on YouTube of Benji. Man he has had some excellent stuff up until last year. And just listening to the commentators saying how amazing he is and that it takes a good footballer to try the things he does - including flick passes, steps etc. but the biggest thing is the amount of support he always had and the players feeding him good balls, notably no. 7's. And I believe Benji hasn't performed this year due to his own problems but the whole team as a whole hasn't gelled like it usually does. Simon Dwyer was always a perfect match with Benj, and Blair hasn't matched that, Woods I think will get there as he matures. But players like Lui (in flashes) showed brilliance to work with Benji and same as Moltzen, when he Benji and Farah links up. I feel Teddy will be a key in attack as well, we only have seen one game from him.
But despite injuries, we truly had a shot this year and due to under performing we have missed the bar. I thought the 7-streak was us coming back but as we all know we are a momentum team and unfortunately due to personal matters we slowed down. And all these things together have barred us from a year I think that was gifted to us. Let's hope we can make the finals and put in a last fight otherwise 2013. Let's make it ours.

The Huth... the Huth... the Huth is on fire

ragedmachine

Post by ragedmachine » Mon 30 Jul, 2012 11:44 am

dermo wrote:
ragedmachine wrote:I can tell you straight it has nothing to do with coaching, injury, personal life etc etc.

It's playing habit pure and simple.

I have been told I have a very similar playing style to benji and whilst I have tried to refine it into a more structured style, my natural ability is what always comes instinctively and yes, alot of the time it doesn't go as planned because it is instinctive and spontaneous.

Take it from someone who is actually in his position, football-wise, he needs to never wear the number 7 again (even though today he didn't wear it), stay in the 6 and needs a dominant halfback to give him quality ball so he can use his footwork to RUN the ball..he should be stamped never to grubber or kick in play again.
lol
why lol? I'm speaking from experience, have played touch for most of my life and represented my zone, and now playing league as a five/eight, so you'd think I'd know what I'm talking about....or maybe you'd like me to finish off my paragraph and highlight that even though alot of the time it doesn't go as planned, the times that it does, ...I will opportunities out of nothing...kind of sounds familiar eh

PS. my step is more lethal than Benji's in 05...and I'm NOT trolling.