Blair and Woods.

ImageImageImage
Kickoff:
Venue:
Telecast:
magpiecol

Re: Blair and Woods.

Post by magpiecol » Mon 30 Jul, 2012 2:01 pm

A bit harsh on Blair. I thought he played ok and was not any worse than most of the other players. He would be the lightest prop running around. He is not a prop forward, period. Once again we have paid the price for Sheens' pathetic team selections.

Woods, Fulton and Ryan are about the only players who earned their money yesterday. Ellis and Cashmere tackled each other when that young replacement went over near the posts. Did Simona make a tackle all day?
The less said about Marshall the better. I don't think that he wants to be with us anymore.

When Farah returned to the hooking role we played a lot better. This game was lost (like last Tuesday night) long before it started.

If the team was so bad, and most of them where, let's see who gets dropped next week. My money will be on nil.
Great coaching Tim.

hellman

Post by hellman » Mon 30 Jul, 2012 5:10 pm

magpiecol wrote:He is not a prop forward, period.
Sorry - he looks a lot better at prop than he does out wide.

TigerMc

Post by TigerMc » Tue 31 Jul, 2012 4:29 pm

yeah im noticing things a bit more with Blair, now he's under the spotlight! I have been defending him most of the season with fellow tigers fans & rival fans... But the final straw was seeing him back pedal when John Sutton ran straight through our line from inside his own 20m line!
Blair has been targeting kickers/ halfbacks (which may/may not be one he's been assigned by the coaches to do)
but that was it for me!!!
Woods' workrate is solid (he was expending alot of energy on the wrestle i thought...but has cut this out) & I can't wait for Galloway to return. If i had one wish for our starting props though it is i wish they'd get more mongrel into them ...

1974semifinal

Post by 1974semifinal » Wed 01 Aug, 2012 1:31 pm

cnx_tigers wrote:Blair = 56 meters.

The bloke either isn't trying, has no pride, or just isn't a first grader.

Woods = 141 meters.

This blokes nickname should be ' Rialb"...because he's the polar opposite of Blair. Busts his guts every game and goes forward.

Blair is a dud. No further arguement left at this point. We are stuck paying a Matthew Bell / Ray Cashmere level footy player $400 000 a year until 2015.

I said this the day he started and received heaps on this site..I wish I had been wrong...This player offers absolutely NOTHING. !

clontarfkid
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by clontarfkid » Wed 01 Aug, 2012 4:48 pm

Blair is rapidly becoming the Olsen Filipana of the Tigers..bludges for most of the year & puts in only when he wants to.
Typical of the comfy culture Sheens has created..Benji not much better

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Wed 01 Aug, 2012 11:16 pm

what most of us thought he would bring to the team is some mongrel.. instead he brings grubbiness.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble