Post by smoking gun » Sun 29 Jul, 2012 6:20 pm

Marshall moltzen
Marshall miller
Marshall humble
Marshall Sironen
Marshall farah
Marshall Fulton
Marshall ayshford

7 different halves pairings in 18 games...

Thoughts??

Illek

Post by Illek » Sun 29 Jul, 2012 6:24 pm

You forgot Marshall lawerance

cnx_tigers

Post by cnx_tigers » Sun 29 Jul, 2012 6:26 pm

A coach should be sacked for disrupting the key positions like that.

And letting Benji dominate the ball so much regardless of who is there. You keep on harping on Gun about "he's third in try assists".......well he freaking should be given that he touches the ball more than any player in the comp and basically is his coach's entire game plan. He also makes a tonne more errors than any other "elite" half.

RatedRKO

Post by RatedRKO » Sun 29 Jul, 2012 6:26 pm

smoking gun wrote: Thoughts??
Not much to say really mate. I would love to hear Sheen's thoughts on it though.

smoking gun

Post by smoking gun » Sun 29 Jul, 2012 6:27 pm

8 different halves pairings.....

cnx_tigers

Post by cnx_tigers » Sun 29 Jul, 2012 6:30 pm

Sheens "Timmy has trained all off season as a 7. He'll be our half back".

Plays there for about 100 mins all up. Does that mean all the play sets and moves trained for in the off season for a complete waste?

Snake

Post by Snake » Sun 29 Jul, 2012 6:30 pm

It's OK the new 1/2 signing for next year will sort all this out...silly me we still don't have a half back for next year !

smoking gun

Post by smoking gun » Sun 29 Jul, 2012 6:31 pm

He is second actually ;-) but with having that many halves partners how can you really blame Marshall?

I was alarmed when I realized this stat. Surely this is unheard of EVER that's a new halves pairing every second game pretty much. And pretty much miller and humble (the 2 best options) have gone through the season uninjured. So it falls soley on sheens IMO. Totally inept

cnx_tigers

Post by cnx_tigers » Sun 29 Jul, 2012 6:35 pm

smoking gun wrote:He is second actually ;-) but with having that many halves partners how can you really blame Marshall?

I was alarmed when I realized this stat. Surely this is unheard of EVER that's a new halves pairing every second game pretty much. And pretty much miller and humble (the 2 best options) have gone through the season uninjured. So it falls soley on sheens IMO. Totally inept
I am not blaming Benji. I have said since day one that the kid is BRETT KENNY. He's a great, great ad lib player who needs to stay in the background and produce two or three magic moments a game.

He's needed an organiser like Sterlo to steer the side. Prince and Lui did it and Benji was great.

Benji left to run the show? He's freaking terrible.

hellman

Post by hellman » Sun 29 Jul, 2012 6:39 pm

It is really bad. It's even worse than that because we move players out of their positions to make it happen. Farah is a classic example.

Post by 851 » Sun 29 Jul, 2012 6:43 pm

Sheens has lost it,sack him now humphreys please,then I can at least enjoy this year.
Go hard or go home

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Sun 29 Jul, 2012 6:55 pm

851 wrote:Sheens has lost it,sack him now humphreys please,then I can at least enjoy this year.

Agreed at the end of 2007 he should have moved on as i dont believe he could do anymore with the players,sadly he has stayed and players are going backwards under his coaching.If they have to pay him out to make him go do it

ozcrusader

Post by ozcrusader » Sun 29 Jul, 2012 7:09 pm

This is a joke.

Sheens is the one who says the 1,6,7 & 9 are the most key positions.

In 2005 - Hodgson, Marshall, Prince and Farah

In 2012 - we have Farah and Marshall.

All we need is a half and a fullback. But no, he'll play everyone there except the players who do actually play there. Clown.

RatedRKO

Post by RatedRKO » Sun 29 Jul, 2012 7:27 pm

cnx_tigers wrote: He's needed an organiser like Sterlo to steer the side. Prince and Lui did it and Benji was great.

I want to know how Sheens can not see this when it seems everyone else can.

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Sun 29 Jul, 2012 7:35 pm

RatedRKO wrote:
cnx_tigers wrote: He's needed an organiser like Sterlo to steer the side. Prince and Lui did it and Benji was great.

I want to know how Sheens can not see this when it seems everyone else can.
Stubbornness, arrogance, dementia? Take your pick.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

hellman

Post by hellman » Sun 29 Jul, 2012 7:37 pm

ozcrusader wrote:This is a joke.

Sheens is the one who says the 1,6,7 & 9 are the most key positions.

In 2005 - Hodgson, Marshall, Prince and Farah

In 2012 - we have Farah and Marshall.

All we need is a half and a fullback. But no, he'll play everyone there except the players who do actually play there. Clown.
This is what gets me as well. I also get that players in key positions get injured but the swapping around especially within those key positions is a joke.

Why wasn't Moltzen left at 7 or 6 and Benji at 7 or 6 for the whole season excluding injuries. Why not replace Tedesco with Ryan at the start and leave it with it. I figure change these key positions as little as possible unless you have too because of injuries or under-performance. Benji and Robbie aren't getting dropped so give them a set role and have them play that way all year.

zebraman

Post by zebraman » Sun 29 Jul, 2012 7:47 pm

If lui didn't smack his missis again and he was still with the tigers we would be in the top 4 easily. He was getting better and better every season . Since then we have had 8 different halve combinations in 18 rounds. That pretty much sums it up sheens wanted lui as a long term halfback.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012