ImageImageImage
Kickoff:
Venue:
Telecast:
milford_magic

Koribete

Post by milford_magic » Sun 29 Jul, 2012 6:59 pm

A breathe of fresh air.

Looked good running the ball and a few good touches. Think he lost a bit of confidence after the drop ball at the 33rd minute but he will grow from this. Long term he is priority winger number 1 for this club (Above tuquiri, ryan, utai and reddy). He has a lot of ability. That 30m run after taking the bomb in the first half shows he's got something...not any of our other outside backs/winger could do that play.

Hes raw and mistakes will happen. But Id rather someone like him who might make a mistake but can win us a game rather than someone whose just there not to do anything wrong but won't influence the game at all.

TigerFlame

Post by TigerFlame » Sun 29 Jul, 2012 7:05 pm

Yea he went great, isn't that how everyone is on their debut?

stryker

Post by stryker » Sun 29 Jul, 2012 7:09 pm

He certainly has something. He wasnt great, but you can see the potential. He will be a regular next year.

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Sun 29 Jul, 2012 7:17 pm

pretty average in defence, was stuck in no-mans land too many times for my liking...

I'm hoping he gets a few weeks in the top grade so we can see his strengths!!!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

Snake

Post by Snake » Sun 29 Jul, 2012 7:26 pm

Tiger Watto wrote:pretty average in defence, was stuck in no-mans land too many times for my liking...

Needs some serious defensive coaching as I have watched him a bit in the 20's has huge talent ,it's a worry re the coaching with the boys club at Concord one would of thought these issues would of been worked on already!

RatedRKO

Post by RatedRKO » Sun 29 Jul, 2012 7:30 pm

Tiger Watto wrote:pretty average in defence
Then he will fit right in to our side at the moment.

TigerFlame

Post by TigerFlame » Sun 29 Jul, 2012 7:32 pm

RatedRKO wrote:
Tiger Watto wrote:pretty average in defence
Then he will fit right in to our side at the moment.
x2

zebraman

Post by zebraman » Sun 29 Jul, 2012 7:36 pm

Tiger Watto wrote:pretty average in defence, was stuck in no-mans land too many times for my liking...

2 knock ons. One on one defense was poor got pushed away every time he tried to tackle . bombed An easy try in the first half.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

willow

Post by willow » Sun 29 Jul, 2012 7:40 pm

Agree, but he's young and that should improve with hard work and perseverence. I'd like to see what he can do on the end of a backline when the forward pack actually dominates for a change. Too much side to side rubbish today really stuffed the backline up.

tigerlogic

Post by tigerlogic » Sun 29 Jul, 2012 7:40 pm

milford_magic wrote:A breathe of fresh air.

Looked good running the ball and a few good touches. Think he lost a bit of confidence after the drop ball at the 33rd minute but he will grow from this. Long term he is priority winger number 1 for this club (Above tuquiri, ryan, utai and reddy). He has a lot of ability. That 30m run after taking the bomb in the first half shows he's got something...not any of our other outside backs/winger could do that play.

Hes raw and mistakes will happen. But Id rather someone like him who might make a mistake but can win us a game rather than someone whose just there not to do anything wrong but won't influence the game at all.
"someone like him who might make a mistake but win us a game".. Sounds like benji

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Sun 29 Jul, 2012 7:48 pm

Don't like to bag a bloke on debut but as zebraman said above wasn't the best debut and quite frankly if you make first grade you at least have to make your tackles which he failed to do so i'll pass for the moment, same goes for simona not good enough.

smoking gun

Post by smoking gun » Sun 29 Jul, 2012 7:49 pm

He's good. He should play out this year to get ready for next season

TigerFlame

Post by TigerFlame » Sun 29 Jul, 2012 7:50 pm

For the people saying two knockons it was one, his first was not a knockon it was a penalty against Ellis

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Sun 29 Jul, 2012 7:54 pm

Sheens will probably make him the scapegoat for the drubbing. Bring Reddy back in to shore things up. Seriously though, i hope he plays out the year, we need some pace and excitment in what has become a dud backline with no threat.

smoking gun

Post by smoking gun » Sun 29 Jul, 2012 8:10 pm

Yeah what Eddie said. He runs the ball hard doesn't do those poxy studder steps like ayshford reddy and Ryan does. The ball he dropped near the try line was thrown a foot behind him

Blackpearl

Post by Blackpearl » Sun 29 Jul, 2012 8:13 pm

smoking gun wrote:He's good. He should play out this year to get ready for next season
x 2 .... i 'll keep beating the drum to put nofa in the firsts as well. generation next is here waiting for their chance. they are good enough, we just need guts and some vision from those in charge.
am i :brick:
I dislike sowfs immensely

Tigerpete

Post by Tigerpete » Sun 29 Jul, 2012 8:56 pm

I thought he went alright too. Looked a little out of sorts but who isn't on debut?? That run he made after taking the kick was glimpse of what he can offer and that's what's important here. More game time will depend on the injury situation but i don't think Sheens would've been concerned with what he saw. One for the future....clearly.

Blake93

Post by Blake93 » Sun 29 Jul, 2012 9:19 pm

Bombed try? The pass was horrible. Decent pass and he scores

He who is not everyday conquering some fear has not learnt the secret of life.