Player and team stats from the game

ImageImageImage
Kickoff:
Venue:
Telecast:
Twodogs

Re: Player and team stats from the game

Post by Twodogs » Mon 30 Jul, 2012 9:25 am

smeghead wrote:I didn't mean it as an attack on Beau I just feel you can't have wingers or fullbacks who just lack any real speed.

Maybe as a centre, I don't know.

It is my opinion that the fact Beau has been our best shows exactly how poorly we are travelling.

It sounds harsh and uncalled for I know but that is just how I see it
Beau's got nothing to do with it. It's like someone forgot to tell him to play crap this year. I reckon he'd walk into almost any NRL side. Go back and look at the stats! This reminds me of the guy who blamed Allan Border for Australia's woeful mid-80's form!

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Mon 30 Jul, 2012 9:28 am

That is a valid point about not having the time to adjust.

He also doesn't seem to direct the defensive line well but again that could be an experience thing

willow

Post by willow » Mon 30 Jul, 2012 9:28 am

Ryan had a good dig yesterday, as his stats show. But at the end of the day he is not a game breaking fullback like a Slater/Stewart/Merritt/Bowen. Tedesco has that flash of brilliance about him and I can only think how much sharper our backline would look had he not done his knee in round 1.

Ryan at centre probably has a bit more merit to it than fullback, but I'd be willing to promote Koroibete and Nofoaluma to FG next season and let Beau fight it out with Ayshford for the right centre spot.

stryker

Post by stryker » Mon 30 Jul, 2012 9:32 am

Ok see your point Smeg, he is not a dynamic attacker like Barba and co. I do believe he is a safer fullback then Barba but it is his speed which differentiates them.

Its just with Beau, you dont have to worry about him. You select him in any position and you know what to expect from him. He always gives you a 7/10 game minimum. Even when Sheens chucked him in the forwards last year he went well.....he is a foottballer.

Citizen Tiger

Post by Citizen Tiger » Mon 30 Jul, 2012 9:56 am

smeghead wrote:I didn't mean it as an attack on Beau I just feel you can't have wingers or fullbacks who just lack any real speed.

Maybe as a centre, I don't know.

It is my opinion that the fact Beau has been our best shows exactly how poorly we are travelling.

It sounds harsh and uncalled for I know but that is just how I see it
The best kind of Footy player is the one that extracts every little bit of potential from himself. It says a lot about his attitude, competitiveness and will. This competition is full of very talented players who lack those attributes. Beau is not the best fullback in the comp, not by a long stretch, but he'd be the first back I'd choose, week in and week out

kh_canada

Post by kh_canada » Mon 30 Jul, 2012 10:35 am

Is anyone else thinking the word tackle sounds really weird...

According to completion it looks pretty solid - minimal errors and some players really performed. Woods attacking and defending - amazing again and I know some people were quick to judge Blair - he actually did well with 39 tackles and 2 missed, he's just lacking some go forward and spark in attack

Overall - yea the missed tackles were the deciding factor and there's no spark in our overll attack. 1 line break says it all there's no players hitting holes and offloading. If you watched the dogs this weekend the two barba try's said it all. Players supporting attack.

And this can start with players in position! Robbin back to 9 - he's Arguably the best 9 ATM, why would anyone move him from there?

Posted using RoarFEED 2012
The Huth... the Huth... the Huth is on fire