According to Tim Sheens

ImageImageImage
Kickoff:
Venue:
Telecast:
Tiger_heart

According to Tim Sheens

Post by Tiger_heart » Mon 30 Jul, 2012 8:06 am

the team lacked hunger - might I suggest, Tim, that for once you put up your hand as well, admitting to questionable team selections, stubborness in sticking with certain players and perhaps past your use by date?

We live in hope. :sign:

dermo

Post by dermo » Mon 30 Jul, 2012 8:53 am

Tiger_heart wrote:the team lacked hunger - might I suggest, Tim, that for once you put up your hand as well, admitting to questionable team selections, stubborness in sticking with certain players and perhaps past your use by date?

We live in hope. :sign:
Ha, good one mate, stubbornness? half the team was missing. He was spot on, there was no effort in defence and if you can't defend your never in the game

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Mon 30 Jul, 2012 9:00 am

dermo wrote: half the team was missing.
Souths were missing their two best players but of course not a word about this...

bonstonker

Post by bonstonker » Mon 30 Jul, 2012 9:06 am

sheens has built this culture.
players know they can just go through the motions for months and nothing will be done during the game or after it.

stryker

Post by stryker » Mon 30 Jul, 2012 9:19 am

hybrid_tiger wrote:
Souths were missing their two best players but of course not a word about this...
That correct. Blaming missing players is a total cop out. Some of those missed tackles yesterday were under 12's stuff.
I want to know why there was no hunger as Sheens puts it. We are at the pointy end of the season, are in a dog fight just to make the 8 with sides all around us on the improve, are desperate for a win, playing one of our greatest rivals who stole a win off us earlier this year and who were missing 2 very dangerous attacking weapons and.....there was no hunger?

Pathetic.

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Mon 30 Jul, 2012 9:24 am

It is simple. Their coach has been in the media all week lining up the excuses, pimping the amount of injuries we have to all and sundry.

When you have the theme of the week being excuses you are bound to fall back on them

barra

Post by barra » Mon 30 Jul, 2012 9:28 am

It's not so much about the what (lack of effort), but rather the why? It happens way too often.

Plus we often don't bounce back from a FNQ trip, not tough enough mentally IMO. Maybe the two are related?

alex

Post by alex » Mon 30 Jul, 2012 9:29 am

Isn't part of the job description of a coach to motivate the players and get them mentally prepared each week?

Twodogs

Post by Twodogs » Mon 30 Jul, 2012 9:35 am

smeghead wrote:It is simple. Their coach has been in the media all week lining up the excuses, pimping the amount of injuries we have to all and sundry.

When you have the theme of the week being excuses you are bound to fall back on them
A coach out of ideas?

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

dermo

Post by dermo » Mon 30 Jul, 2012 9:36 am

hybrid_tiger wrote:

You've taken what i said completely out of context. The OP was criticising Sheens for his apparent stubbornness with his player selections, what i meant is with half the team missing he hardly had alot of choice

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Mon 30 Jul, 2012 9:40 am

I can see what you are saying but he had one big choice, where to play the SOO hooker and captain of our club and he clearly got it wrong.

If we had come out with Farah at hooker and still lost I dont think you would find many queries as to why he wasn't put at halfback

alex

Post by alex » Mon 30 Jul, 2012 9:44 am

Again it comes back to his team selections. All year we've been pulling out hair out over his choices. He can't stick with a halves combination, moves the country's second best hooker to half etc etc. I'm not looking forward to the team selection tomorrow with big Keithy due back. Who does he drop back to the bench? If Fulton is relegated this place will go into meltdown.

Tigersmurf

Post by Tigersmurf » Mon 30 Jul, 2012 9:46 am

Our changes were not that drastic. Our forward pack was predominantly untouched with the exception of Galloway and Farah. Iosefa can cover Farah at hooker, or they can alter roles on the field.

So this does not explain why Sutton was able to make to busts through the middle with missed tackles by Blair and Farah. Also, two tries from dummy half?? Hardly a lack of ability on the part of the replacement backs!

That team should have performed much better, and in the first 20 minutes they proved that they can.

We were not ready to perform and showed no energy in defence. Just like when we start the season. Who knows, if we had have been ready from Round one we might have one a few more early season games and not been in this position at all.

alex

Post by alex » Mon 30 Jul, 2012 9:51 am

Tigersmurf wrote:Our changes were not that drastic. Our forward pack was predominantly untouched with the exception of Galloway and Farah. Iosefa can cover Farah at hooker, or they can alter roles on the field.
He can, but that's all he is, a cover, he's nowhere near the level of Farah. We lose so much out of dummy half without Farah there.

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Mon 30 Jul, 2012 9:55 am

dermo wrote:
hybrid_tiger wrote:

You've taken what i said completely out of context. The OP was criticising Sheens for his apparent stubbornness with his player selections, what i meant is with half the team missing he hardly had alot of choice
Sheens had the choice to leave Farah at #9, yet still moved him to #7 despite publicly admitting it would weaken yet another position. You can't blame that on injuries, just stubbornness (as the OP correctly pointed out) in that Farah at #7 has never work yet Sheens still persists with it.

alex

Post by alex » Mon 30 Jul, 2012 10:00 am

Benji at 7 has never worked.
Farah at 7 has never worked.
Sheens doesn't want to use Miller, Humble or Moltzen at 7.
What does this mean?
We need a new 7.

Juro

Post by Juro » Mon 30 Jul, 2012 10:24 am

BRING BACK MORRIS!!! :bash
I've been a member since 2012. We last played finals football in 2011. Just saying...

kh_canada

Post by kh_canada » Mon 30 Jul, 2012 10:25 am

smeghead wrote:I can see what you are saying but he had one big choice, where to play the SOO hooker and captain of our club and he clearly got it wrong.

If we had come out with Farah at hooker and still lost I dont think you would find many queries as to why he wasn't put at halfback
That's exactly it

And sheens is stubborn for not leaving moltzen or miller there longer.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012
The Huth... the Huth... the Huth is on fire