ImageImageImage
Kickoff:
Venue:
Telecast:
Tigersmurf

Re: According to Tim Sheens

Post by Tigersmurf » Mon 30 Jul, 2012 10:36 am

[quote="hybrid_tiger"
Sheens had the choice to leave Farah at #9, yet still moved him to #7 despite publicly admitting it would weaken yet another position. You can't blame that on injuries, just stubbornness (as the OP correctly pointed out) in that Farah at #7 has never work yet Sheens still persists with it.[/quote]

Spot on Hybrid, and the fact that we could only score 6 points against a slightly depleted Souths side (whom I might add defended really well), emphasises the fact that Humble deserved a shot.

Is Benji still a "playmaker?" He certainly isn't a ball runner. So what is he?

barrytiger

Post by barrytiger » Mon 30 Jul, 2012 10:39 am

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Mon 30 Jul, 2012 10:41 am

the team lacked hunger? no joke, we've lacked hunger for some time, we very rarely put teams to the sword despite the obvious ability of our players

underdog

Post by underdog » Mon 30 Jul, 2012 11:09 am

when the "much malingned" John Sutton can pretty much bust up the middle at will, and consistently out-muscles our starting prop (Blair) and our starting hooker (Iosefa) you know you have serious issues up the middle.

Iosefas punch is about as good as Humbles Zip and speed - having said that Humble is a build or two smaller than Iosefa, yet makes better tackles in and around the ruck.

I've had enough of defending him.

Drop Blair to State cup as well as Iosefa.

Post by 851 » Mon 30 Jul, 2012 11:38 am

alex wrote:Benji at 7 has never worked.
Farah at 7 has never worked.
Sheens doesn't want to use Miller, Humble or Moltzen at 7.
What does this mean?
We need a new 7.
No,we need a new coach,and ASAP. :evil:
Go hard or go home

TigersFan4Life

Post by TigersFan4Life » Mon 30 Jul, 2012 11:51 am

The Panthers are out of the finals race and had little to play for yet managed to beat Cronulla at Shark Park on Saturday night. What was our excuse?

spudoakes

Post by spudoakes » Mon 30 Jul, 2012 1:33 pm

i like sheens he's turned this club around but he has to go. We should have thanked him for what he's done but moved him on.

alex

Post by alex » Mon 30 Jul, 2012 1:36 pm

851 wrote:
alex wrote:Benji at 7 has never worked.
Farah at 7 has never worked.
Sheens doesn't want to use Miller, Humble or Moltzen at 7.
What does this mean?
We need a new 7.
No,we need a new coach,and ASAP. :evil:
I agree we need a new coach, I think that's the major problem with the club at the moment. I'm a fan of Miller and I think a new coach may give him a run a la Reynolds at Souths.

dermo

Post by dermo » Mon 30 Jul, 2012 1:43 pm

hybrid_tiger wrote:
dermo wrote:
hybrid_tiger wrote:
dermo wrote: half the team was missing.
Souths were missing their two best players but of course not a word about this...

You've taken what i said completely out of context. The OP was criticising Sheens for his apparent stubbornness with his player selections, what i meant is with half the team missing he hardly had alot of choice
Sheens had the choice to leave Farah at #9, yet still moved him to #7 despite publicly admitting it would weaken yet another position. You can't blame that on injuries, just stubbornness (as the OP correctly pointed out) in that Farah at #7 has never work yet Sheens still persists with it.

Of course that can be blamed on injuries, he wouldn't have to have made that decision had it not been for injuries. The OP was implying that Sheens was wrong to say the team lacked hunger, and that he should've taken full responsibility for the loss. Sheens wasn't the one who missed 45 tackles was he

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Mon 30 Jul, 2012 1:57 pm

He will still pick the players who missed them though

Fraze23

Post by Fraze23 » Mon 30 Jul, 2012 3:10 pm

One of the responses that really gets my goat is when people say, "it wasn't the coach who was missing tackles". Yeah while that is true it is the coaches job to do something about it when we do miss tackles. Revise our defensive structure, introduce new training techniques, do something, anything! I've never been one to call for Sheens' head but I've had a gut full. I'm sick of the selections, sick of the poor attitude we display week in week out, sick of excuses. It's time something was done about it.

kh_canada

Post by kh_canada » Mon 30 Jul, 2012 3:31 pm

Yeah, we need new techniques, new structures, something to change what we are doing now cause it isn't working

Posted using RoarFEED 2012
The Huth... the Huth... the Huth is on fire

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Mon 30 Jul, 2012 3:37 pm

Not fit enough, not skilled enough, not tough enough, not hungry enough, not mentally capable of consitent football and not a consequence in sight.

Welcome to the footballing paradise created by Sheens and his old boys reunion staff.

Anyway that will do me for a while I think. No point even thinking about the last game anymore, it is time to build up some passion and motivation to drag my backside out to CSS Monday week and start all over again

Tigersmurf

Post by Tigersmurf » Mon 30 Jul, 2012 3:40 pm

We need discipline, structure and control. The Sheens and Benji show are unlikely to provide this.

I believe a S Kearney is available! Oh that's right we still have a king that sits on his throne and counts his money.

Ever feel like you have been the victim of a Nigerian scam? This is all an elaborate setup originally concocted in 2002.

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Mon 30 Jul, 2012 3:57 pm

dermo wrote:
Of course that can be blamed on injuries, he wouldn't have to have made that decision had it not been for injuries. The OP was implying that Sheens was wrong to say the team lacked hunger, and that he should've taken full responsibility for the loss. Sheens wasn't the one who missed 45 tackles was he
No, Sheens didn't have to make that decision, injuries or no injuries. He had players to fill the #7 role but chose to move the NSW hooker instead. That was not forced by injury.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 30 Jul, 2012 4:39 pm

There are 100s of these threads over the last 6 years......we whinge and complain about the same thing over and over, because nothing has changed...not a thing

We are pretenders, show ponies, pretty boys - frauds.

bundyboy

Post by bundyboy » Mon 30 Jul, 2012 4:47 pm

[quote="innsaneink"]There are 100s of these threads over the last 6 years......we whinge and complain about the same thing over and over, because nothing has changed...not a thing

We are pretenders, show ponies, pretty boys - frauds.

[img]https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hp ... 7404_n.jpg[/img][/quote
It needs a question mark after the name sheens? Then can I buy one, or two?

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

smoking gun

Post by smoking gun » Mon 30 Jul, 2012 5:37 pm

46%