According to Tim Sheens

ImageImageImage
Kickoff:
Venue:
Telecast:
Balmain Boy

Re: According to Tim Sheens

Post by Balmain Boy » Mon 30 Jul, 2012 5:50 pm

After all these years the Tigers still have no defence, poor attitude, no organisation. It's time for someone else to have a go. The players can't all have turned s*** overnight. Sheens has to take the blame!

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Mon 30 Jul, 2012 5:55 pm

same old same old.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 30 Jul, 2012 5:55 pm

You know what annoys me most .

Sheens finally gives some young blokes a go , but doesn't do it against Penrith or Parra he does it in the most important game of the season and loads the pressure on them

Taking the "Sink or swim " theory overboard Mr Sheens don't you think ??

dermo

Post by dermo » Mon 30 Jul, 2012 5:58 pm

Fraze23 wrote:One of the responses that really gets my goat is when people say, "it wasn't the coach who was missing tackles". Yeah while that is true it is the coaches job to do something about it when we do miss tackles. Revise our defensive structure, introduce new training techniques, do something, anything! I've never been one to call for Sheens' head but I've had a gut full. I'm sick of the selections, sick of the poor attitude we display week in week out, sick of excuses. It's time something was done about it.
Mate you could have the best structures in place but some of those tackles missed in particular on Sutton was no ones fault but the players, under 10s can make better tackles

eyewonder

Post by eyewonder » Mon 30 Jul, 2012 6:03 pm

its like running a football show.If you don't evolve and bring in new things,people will turn off their tv sets.

the footy show is an example.

People got tired of hey,hey,eventually.

its the same in any people management system.

Poeple get tired of the same approach and love new things.

So,Mr sheens,how about polishing your act and give us something new.
If not,please start to take some responsibility for the teams performance.

kh_canada

Post by kh_canada » Mon 30 Jul, 2012 6:04 pm

Sheens is only realising now that we need I work on tackling. It's not just the players, it's partly the coaches responsibility to recognise it.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012
The Huth... the Huth... the Huth is on fire

alexaki

Post by alexaki » Mon 30 Jul, 2012 6:14 pm

The biggest concern I've noticed the last 2 or 3 weeks is the body language of the players...and on top of the list is Benji....they just don't seem to care anymore....going through the motions....The only exceptions to this are Farah, Ryan and Fulton.

red dogg

Post by red dogg » Mon 30 Jul, 2012 6:31 pm

Tim Sheens put this squad together.....
we have 2 frontrowers (galloway + woods) the rest arnt up to it week in week out
we dont have a NRL established halfback,
we only have 2 centres(lawerence + ashford) both cant hit there best form at the moment
we only have 1 fullback( a 18 yr old kid) who lastest 20mins
the rest of the squad are backrowers or Utilities.....

You cant win comps like this..... but according to tim sheens you can....

LCA

Post by LCA » Mon 30 Jul, 2012 6:39 pm

alexaki wrote:The biggest concern I've noticed the last 2 or 3 weeks is the body language of the players...and on top of the list is Benji....they just don't seem to care anymore....going through the motions....The only exceptions to this are Farah, Ryan and Fulton.
I think Robbie usually has a go. Yesterday, however, he didn't. Or, at least, not when it mattered most. This is the same guy who said in the press this week that the position we're in means that it's semi-final time come early....that the Tigers dig in for tough matches like semis. Well, not yesterday they didn't and Farah added to the disgrace by his poor leadership.

milford_magic

Post by milford_magic » Mon 30 Jul, 2012 7:12 pm

Yeah I don't think Farah was quite there yesterday. Backed away from a few tackles. But its the firs time all year he has done so. He was obviously pumped to play number 7.

Granto87

Post by Granto87 » Mon 30 Jul, 2012 7:30 pm

He should go back to the raiders, they wanted Stewart and a fresh start would be best for all partys involved, i rekon Rick Stone, Mick Potter or Nathen Brown would be good options for us to chase.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 30 Jul, 2012 8:32 pm

Granto87 wrote:He should go back to the raiders, they wanted Stewart and a fresh start would be best for all partys involved, i rekon Rick Stone, Mick Potter or Nathen Brown would be good options for us to chase.
Rick Stone is a much under-rated option imo

Stripes96
Location: Where the folks who know about frostiness stay frostiest the most

Post by Stripes96 » Mon 30 Jul, 2012 8:47 pm

alexaki wrote:The biggest concern I've noticed the last 2 or 3 weeks is the body language of the players...and on top of the list is Benji....they just don't seem to care anymore....going through the motions....The only exceptions to this are Farah, Ryan and Fulton.
This is very true. I remember a few times in our win against Penrith, someone would score, and instead of running in and congratulating the with the likes of Beau and Robbie, he'd simply turn around and walk off or grab the tee without even a hint of a smile. The last time I can remember him genuinely happy was when he slotted the field goal vs Cronulla in round one

angeman

Post by angeman » Tue 31 Jul, 2012 5:59 am

smeghead wrote:It is simple. Their coach has been in the media all week lining up the excuses, pimping the amount of injuries we have to all and sundry.

When you have the theme of the week being excuses you are bound to fall back on them
Exactly

angeman

Post by angeman » Tue 31 Jul, 2012 6:01 am

On paper our forward pack of Ellis woods Blair Heighno Fulton is actually quite good. As a defensive unit however sheens has failed miserably.

helmesy

Post by helmesy » Tue 31 Jul, 2012 8:15 am

Interesting the comments regarding a lack of structure - I agree.

As someone who lived through the Alan Jones days I can tell you this looks very familiar, the players were just instructed to throw the ball around and the gaps will appear.

Suffice to say the results didn't come 20 years ago and they aren't now.

I would love to know what gets said by Sheens pre and post match...does he get into them for not following the game plan or isn't there one?

Interesting times and you just get the feeling momentum is starting to build for a change in the club.

black and white tiger

Post by black and white tiger » Tue 31 Jul, 2012 9:28 am

helmesy wrote:Interesting the comments regarding a lack of structure - I agree.

As someone who lived through the Alan Jones days I can tell you this looks very familiar, the players were just instructed to throw the ball around and the gaps will appear.

Suffice to say the results didn't come 20 years ago and they aren't now.

I would love to know what gets said by Sheens pre and post match...does he get into them for not following the game plan or isn't there one?

Interesting times and you just get the feeling momentum is starting to build for a change in the club.
Sheensy game plan is simple,

Benji.
Go out and do what you do.
The rest of you boys, go out and back him up.

We used to get away with it when Benji was on fire...... It no longer works cause Benji's lost his mojo and there's no back up game plan.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Tue 31 Jul, 2012 9:50 am

happy tiger wrote:You know what annoys me most .

Sheens finally gives some young blokes a go , but doesn't do it against Penrith or Parra he does it in the most important game of the season and loads the pressure on them

Taking the "Sink or swim " theory overboard Mr Sheens don't you think ??
Well he didn't really have a choice last week with the injuries.

No such thing as a low-pressure game?