Venue:
Telecast:
willow

Farah takes blame for key role in Tigers' downfall

Post by willow » Mon 30 Jul, 2012 7:35 pm

Farah takes blame for key role in Tigers' downfall
July 30, 2012
Glenn Jackson

WHEN they perform well, playmakers win games. The flipside is that when they don't, the opposite regularly occurs.

Wests Tigers skipper Robbie Farah was willing to take some blame for the Tigers' woes against Souths, after being far from happy with his own display.

''When your two playmakers, myself and Benji [Marshall] … that's probably the worst game I've played in a long time, and I don't think Benji will be too happy with his game either,'' Farah said.

''We control that team, touch the ball the most out of any other players, and when we play poorly, we're not going to win games.

''There were other things that went wrong but, when individuals - myself included - aren't playing well, we're not going to give ourselves a chance.''

Farah switched to halfback following the injury to Curtis Sironen last Monday night, which allowed Marshall to play at five-eighth. But he refused to use the positional change as an excuse for his performance.

''It doesn't [help], and that was always going to be hard with the injuries we had, and the fact we had to chop and change there, but I've been around a while. I thought I could handle it but, obviously, I didn't do as well as I would have liked,'' Farah said.

Tigers coach Tim Sheens did not single out his playmakers, making the point they were not alone.

''All the players would say the same about their game,'' Sheens said. ''People tried hard, but they didn't work together as a unit, defensively and offensively. By the end of each half, we were brain-dead, so we looked worse. Chasing points at the back end of that second half, we looked like an A-grade side. It was pretty disappointing.''

And he refused to blame the Tigers' injury problems.

''We just weren't good enough,'' Sheens said.

The Tigers are likely to have some reinforcements available against Parramatta next Monday night.

Fullback Tim Moltzen, who was ruled out of yesterday's clash with a hamstring injury, is likely to be fit, and may shift to halfback to allow Farah to move back to hooker. Sheens said prop Keith Galloway (shoulder) was also likely to return.

Granto87

Post by Granto87 » Mon 30 Jul, 2012 7:44 pm

Bit hard to perform well at half when you get rolled through the middle like we did yesturday.

TigerFlame

Post by TigerFlame » Mon 30 Jul, 2012 7:45 pm

Well if the best number 9 in NSW is going to be played at half obviously he will be far from impressed, another great move by SHEENIUS!!

bundyboy

Post by bundyboy » Mon 30 Jul, 2012 7:46 pm

Granto87 wrote:Bit hard to perform well at half when you get rolled through the middle like we did yesturday.
Our defense around the ruck was woeful .

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

willow

Post by willow » Mon 30 Jul, 2012 7:52 pm

bundyboy wrote:
Granto87 wrote:Bit hard to perform well at half when you get rolled through the middle like we did yesturday.

It certainly was. Your halves will never dominate when the forwards wait for the opposition to come to them. The Tigers need to take the fight to the opposition - not wait to be bowled over by them.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 30 Jul, 2012 7:56 pm

Who's to blame for putting farah into a position he clearly doesnt enjoy or play well in??????????

WHOS TO BLAME!!!

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Mon 30 Jul, 2012 7:56 pm

bundyboy wrote:

As it has been all year! Injuries meant nothing yesterday, I'm sure even with a full roster our defense would still have been awful. Nothing has been addressed, nothing has changed regardless of who is playing. I always thought addressing weaknesses in a team was the coach's job, but I must be wrong.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 30 Jul, 2012 7:57 pm

willow wrote:
bundyboy wrote:

It certainly was. Your halves will never dominate when the forwards wait for the opposition to come to them. The Tigers need to take the fight to the opposition - not wait to be bowled over by them.
Pretty hard to get on the front foot when you are forever going backwards

Gee I hope that KG is back this week

I got the feeling that they were almost thinking of needling KG up and playing him last week v Souths

smoking gun

Post by smoking gun » Mon 30 Jul, 2012 7:57 pm

Moltzen better be moved to half. Defensively he is fine and a good foil for benji. You can't keep farah at 7 we lose all direction out of the ruck. The way parra are playin tonight though we will get toweled

bundyboy

Post by bundyboy » Mon 30 Jul, 2012 7:59 pm

So if sheens puts moltzen back to half back , were back were we started in round 1 ! SHEENIUS !!!!!!! I need a lobotomy !

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Mon 30 Jul, 2012 8:02 pm

The attitude on the pitch lies 100% at Robbie's feet so I'm glad he realises he didn't do enough... As a Rep Player, you need to lead from the front, so I hope he thinks long and hard about this loss and uses it to motivate the team and himself next week...

Fire Up Robbie!!!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

cunno

Post by cunno » Mon 30 Jul, 2012 8:08 pm

Beau is going well at fullback, Farah needs to move back to hooker where he has excelled particularly in recent times, put Moltzen at half to give Benji more space and leave it that way for the rest of the season. Stability is needed and given the troops available this is the best option imo.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 30 Jul, 2012 8:09 pm

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Mon 30 Jul, 2012 8:16 pm

agree with sheeens here:
willow wrote:...Sheens said. ''People tried hard, but they didn't work together as a unit, defensively and offensively. ...
this has been our biggest problem... nothing has been EVER done to fix this.
this says either two things:
1. the game plans are attrocious
2. the execution is "brain-dead"

it has been like this for ages.. either way sheens is to blame.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

tigergirlz

Post by tigergirlz » Mon 30 Jul, 2012 8:21 pm

What game plan?

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Mon 30 Jul, 2012 8:34 pm

tigergirlz wrote:What game plan?
adjusting the playing 17 into jersey numbers such that it matches with his bingo ticket...as forgetful as Mr. Sheens is, He doesn't want to forget his bingo numbers !
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Mon 30 Jul, 2012 9:02 pm

Same rubbish to be trotted out by the usual suspects against Parra and the same tired, meaningless drivel to spew forth from Sheens' mouth in the press conference afterwards.

But hey we might win, you never know.

I don't know I would agree with Farah on Benji's game. He has played that crap for the majority of the season and it hasn't seemed to worry him. Why start now?

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Mon 30 Jul, 2012 9:07 pm

tig_prmz wrote:
tigergirlz wrote:What game plan?
adjusting the playing 17 into jersey numbers such that it matches with his bingo ticket...as forgetful as Mr. Sheens is, He doesn't want to forget his bingo numbers !
Plenty of time for bingo in the aged care facility :P
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen