Do Or Die

ImageImageImage
bundyboy

Re: Do Or Die

Post by bundyboy » Thu 02 Aug, 2012 4:38 pm

underdog wrote:lose to bulldogs, lose to storm.

win the rest.

30 points gets us there.

it's not a hard formula.

Then the finals are a new game altogether.

Do we have another bye ? Lol ! Lose to the dogs/storm & win our last 3 gives us 28 points ! Love the optimism !!!!

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

underdog

Post by underdog » Thu 02 Aug, 2012 4:47 pm

bundyboy wrote:

win the rest.

30 points gets us there.

it's not a hard formula.

Do we have another bye ? Lol ! Lose to the dogs/storm & win our last 3 gives us 28 points ! Love the optimism !!!!

hmm.... you are right, however i did it over on the nrl predictor site, and had us coming up with 30 points... weird.

Oh well, 28 points got us into the 8 as well, just - need to pump some teams though for the points difference.

bundyboy

Post by bundyboy » Thu 02 Aug, 2012 4:49 pm

underdog wrote:
bundyboy wrote:

win the rest.

30 points gets us there.

it's not a hard formula.

hmm.... you are right, however i did it over on the nrl predictor site, and had us coming up with 30 points... weird.

Oh well, 28 points got us into the 8 as well, just - need to pump some teams though for the points difference.
We can only hope

Golden

Post by Golden » Thu 02 Aug, 2012 4:53 pm

smeghead wrote:We have a great history in do or die games....................................oh hang on. Forget that.

Remember the game against the Knights where a win means we play finals football. The game where Cooper Vuna ran through Benji at the back end of the game at will. The game we were leading and had a guy fresh on the bench who could have come on for Benji and increased our chances of holding on but Sheens instead decided to let Boxhead ride the pine all game..........Sheenius
hang on wasn't that 2007 and Benji missed all that year he would not have played? we had got flogged by Souths the week before when Farah got injured too

kh_canada

Post by kh_canada » Thu 02 Aug, 2012 5:06 pm

innsaneink wrote:Well Ive lost all interest just about, couldnt really give a rats....my thoughts are even if we do jag a spot in the 8....we really havent earnt it, and dont really deserve to be playing finals footy....but thats the case often with 8th spot which is usually a 50% win/loss ratio...that shouldnt be rewarded and is usually, rightfully...first one punted when the real stuff kicks in
We don't deserve it your right
But if the boys can concoct something this weekend and play with a little enthusiasm and passion and look like they want to be here than maybe we can revive this season slump and earn a spot in the top 8

The Huth... the Huth... the Huth is on fire

Frank the tank

Post by Frank the tank » Thu 02 Aug, 2012 5:11 pm

You're right mate, just play with enthusiasm, passion, heart and rip into these bastards.
I'm not a complete idiot.............there are some pieces missing!

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Thu 02 Aug, 2012 5:18 pm

Golden wrote:
smeghead wrote:We have a great history in do or die games....................................oh hang on. Forget that.

Remember the game against the Knights where a win means we play finals football. The game where Cooper Vuna ran through Benji at the back end of the game at will. The game we were leading and had a guy fresh on the bench who could have come on for Benji and increased our chances of holding on but Sheens instead decided to let Boxhead ride the pine all game..........Sheenius
hang on wasn't that 2007 and Benji missed all that year he would not have played? we had got flogged by Souths the week before when Farah got injured too
Farah & Marshall both played, benji scored two tries....was there with a mate and he was even more stunned than me

Knights beat one team home that year, the spooners

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Thu 02 Aug, 2012 5:31 pm

innsaneink wrote:Well Ive lost all interest just about, couldnt really give a rats....my thoughts are even if we do jag a spot in the 8....we really havent earnt it, and dont really deserve to be playing finals footy....but thats the case often with 8th spot which is usually a 50% win/loss ratio...that shouldnt be rewarded and is usually, rightfully...first one punted when the real stuff kicks in
That is exactly the way i feel , the players read to much papers at the start of the year and maybe really thought it was our year before a ball was kicked. Start planning for next year i'd say, give the 20's some experience , like Korriobete . It's safe to say Tuquiri won't be on the wing next year , OHH hang on we are talking about Sheens here ,maybe we will sign him to a new 3 year deal. :crazy
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

Mrs T

Post by Mrs T » Thu 02 Aug, 2012 10:12 pm

I'm just hoping that we "Do"!!!!

Golden

Post by Golden » Fri 03 Aug, 2012 9:15 am

innsaneink wrote:
Golden wrote:

Farah & Marshall both played, benji scored two tries....was there with a mate and he was even more stunned than me

Knights beat one team home that year, the spooners
Thats right he must have come back I remmeber we smashed the cowgirls on a Monday Night by about 50 points, and everyone was saying 2005 this 2005 that Benji back blahblahblah. the next few weeks were pathetic we struggled to beat the sharks got smashed by souths after Farah had to go off then that Newcastle game. Stupid Cooper Vuna on that Friday Night. I think we could have finished 7th right? but it ended up being souths.

The top 8 in 2007 was a joke take a look at the. you had the cowgirls in the top 4 on abou -80 F AND A

Golden

Post by Golden » Fri 03 Aug, 2012 9:18 am

In fact if you compared the 2007 season with 2012 it's very simular lost the first 5 in a row won about 7 in a row. and end badly etc

tigerbenji

Post by tigerbenji » Fri 03 Aug, 2012 10:30 am

I want us to make the Eight but i cant see it, i think we could struggle against the Eels on Monday night but i hope i am wrong.

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Fri 03 Aug, 2012 8:19 pm

IF we make the 8 we will have deserved it- because it will mean that we have won 4 of our last 5 when the pressure was on. Having said that playing with no heart (apart from game vs Cowboys), no enthusiasm and no spirit will not be good enough to win 4 from our last 5 IMO.
Disappointing season thus far to say the least

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Fri 03 Aug, 2012 9:39 pm

From what I've seen in recent weeks, I think we are already well and truly dead, Golden. I can't see all the problems WT have being rectified at this late stage of the season.

Any win from here on will be a bonus, but I don't think we will make the eight and really don't deserve to with they way they have played this year.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

underdog

Post by underdog » Fri 03 Aug, 2012 9:42 pm

It's begun.

Dragons got schooled tonight - THEY my friends, are GOOONE.

1/4 chicken,chips

Post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Sat 04 Aug, 2012 7:57 am

Yes i remember i was there , and the Souths game when they put 50 on us at leichhardt, that was my most disappointing loss ever by the Tigers .
What about the day parra absolutely smashed us at leichhardt in our early days .

1/4 chicken,chips

Post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Sat 04 Aug, 2012 8:02 am

I hear you INK i feel exactly the same .
Our season has never really been on the rails , barring a 7 week period where we had some wins ,but were never very convincing.Y ou can win 12 games and be rewarded with a spot in the semis .Mediocracy , o yes that sums up the Tigers in 1 word.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 04 Aug, 2012 8:19 am

Fade To Black wrote:IF we make the 8 we will have deserved it- because it will mean that we have won 4 of our last 5 when the pressure was on. Having said that playing with no heart (apart from game vs Cowboys), no enthusiasm and no spirit will not be good enough to win 4 from our last 5 IMO.
Disappointing season thus far to say the least

Yeh, I guess on one hand you could say we deserved it....if we manage to get thru those pressure games, but the Id be asking myself why we couldnt do this earlier in the year when there was LESS pressure on us, so we wouldnt be in this position we find ourselves in now
Looking at the big picture, looking at the squad we have....and looking back at off season discussions here and in the media, top 4 or grand final...anything less is a failure I'm afraid.
We'll beat the Eels ( :shock: ).....delaying the inevitable