fulton at #6

ImageImageImage
mtd

fulton at #6

Post by mtd » Mon 06 Aug, 2012 12:42 am

if he takes the line on, there will be ample opportunity for guys like moltz and any other supporting players... could create that spark we have much needed around the midfield...

but if he just plays the 'stock gap' role and acts as a pivot passing the ball, we will once again struggle...

trying to stay positive here, its so hard/frustrating following the tigers at times like this!

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 06 Aug, 2012 12:53 am

Moltzen only follows his housemate

willow

Post by willow » Mon 06 Aug, 2012 6:26 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:Moltzen only follows his housemate
They no longer live together GNR.

cunno

Post by cunno » Mon 06 Aug, 2012 6:49 am

mtd wrote:if he takes the line on, there will be ample opportunity for guys like moltz and any other supporting players... could create that spark we have much needed around the midfield...

but if he just plays the 'stock gap' role and acts as a pivot passing the ball, we will once again struggle...

trying to stay positive here, its so hard/frustrating following the tigers at times like this!
no intercept passes please :pray:

underdog

Post by underdog » Mon 06 Aug, 2012 7:16 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:Moltzen only follows his housemate
That'd be a tad suspicious, considering his housemate plays for the Eels, mate. :roll

Gary Bakerloo

Post by Gary Bakerloo » Mon 06 Aug, 2012 8:15 am

mtd wrote:if he takes the line on, there will be ample opportunity for guys like moltz and any other supporting players... could create that spark we have much needed around the midfield...

You are perfectly correct. His game should not change.

The only things he needs to do differently is get a different jersey off Skando before the game and perhaps align differently in defence.

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Mon 06 Aug, 2012 8:30 am

At the very least Fults is a very smart footballer and offers more than an empty shirt in the 6. It will depend on how Farah and Marshall react to him though. If they feed him zero to no ball he will have a very limited impact on the game.

He will at least sure up that fringe in defence

alex

Post by alex » Mon 06 Aug, 2012 9:27 am

Moltzen is THE worst supporting fullback, if not the worst supporting player, in the NRL. If you watched the Titans V Souths game yesterday you would see that even Luke Bailey chases kicks better than Moltzen.

Juro

Post by Juro » Mon 06 Aug, 2012 9:46 am

According to http://stats.rleague.com Fulton has been named as #6 on 4 occasions, all in 2007. We won the first 3 of those, with Fulton scoring 4 tries.

But then we lost the 4th. The score in that game?

Wests Tigers 8 Parramatta Eels 38
I've been a member since 2012. We last played finals football in 2011. Just saying...

alex

Post by alex » Mon 06 Aug, 2012 9:54 am

Juro wrote:According to http://stats.rleague.com Fulton has been named as #6 on 4 occasions, all in 2007. We won the first 3 of those, with Fulton scoring 4 tries.

But then we lost the 4th. The score in that game?

Wests Tigers 8 Parramatta Eels 38
I think that was the game Danny Galea was named at prop and did his achilles?

It was also when Fulton was a lot smaller and hadn't been one of the most consistent backrowers in the comp... Hope he can bag another meat pie tonight.

Swordy

Post by Swordy » Mon 06 Aug, 2012 12:24 pm

I think Fults at 6 is a better proposition than many realise. His defence on the edge will keep the ruck tidy. He should be able to feed the ball on with minimum fuss. It's not like he will get in anyone else way if he is sensible.
Sunshine Coast resident.
Tigers fan since birth in 1969.
Fond memories of Leichhardt Oval every home game as a kid with my Dad!

Snake

Post by Snake » Mon 06 Aug, 2012 2:59 pm

Fulton is great to watch a footballer that is a thinker ...reads the game well-defends well-and has a passing game .IMO this move to 5/8 could work without being dynamic ,interesting selection can see where Sheens is coming from in this situation just frustrated with no 1/2.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

Fraze23

Post by Fraze23 » Mon 06 Aug, 2012 3:21 pm

I still think it might be a smokescreen and Moltzen will play in the halves. I don't see us making a big play for the semis with Fulton in the 6. No doubt he'll try his heart out, but I don't see him as a match winning 5/8.

Tigerpete

Post by Tigerpete » Mon 06 Aug, 2012 3:42 pm

Fraze23 wrote:I still think it might be a smokescreen and Moltzen will play in the halves. I don't see us making a big play for the semis with Fulton in the 6. No doubt he'll try his heart out, but I don't see him as a match winning 5/8.
Fair point that. It's hard to believe that IF we made the finals that Fulton would wear the 6 as well. It could well be that we do see a shift of some sort prior to kick off. A stop gap solution doesn't really fix things right now. I believe we need something with a bit more intent. If that means throwing a rookie in then by all means. Better he gets the experience now.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 06 Aug, 2012 4:01 pm

Swordy wrote:I think Fults at 6 is a better proposition than many realise. His defence on the edge will keep the ruck tidy. He should be able to feed the ball on with minimum fuss. It's not like he will get in anyone else way if he is sensible.
I'm not against Fulton at six, I'm against moving our best performing second rower from there when we have a fullback who is a five eighth and a winger/centre who is quite adept at the basic skills required to be a good fullback.
And the sky is filled with light, can you see it?
And the black is really white, if you believe it.
And the longing that you feel, you know none of this is real;
You will find a better place, in this twilight...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

Fraze23

Post by Fraze23 » Mon 06 Aug, 2012 4:10 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Swordy wrote:I think Fults at 6 is a better proposition than many realise. His defence on the edge will keep the ruck tidy. He should be able to feed the ball on with minimum fuss. It's not like he will get in anyone else way if he is sensible.
I'm not against Fulton at six, I'm against moving our best performing second rower from there when we have a fullback who is a five eighth and a winger/centre who is quite adept at the basic skills required to be a good fullback.
At least thats one thing you can say Sheens has been consistent with...

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Mon 06 Aug, 2012 4:56 pm

Benji needs to play at 5/8, just stand deep and RUN THE BALL BENJI! Less meaningless kicks and more running just like the good old days ;) Play Moltzen at half, if Sheens doesn't think he is good in the 7 then I can't see why we re-signed him-he ain't gonna be our fullback once Tedesco is fit in 2013.

artful dodger

Post by artful dodger » Mon 06 Aug, 2012 5:30 pm

I hope this is a smokescreen regarding Fulton at 5/8.
I know he won't let us down tonight & will offer he's usual solid performance I just worry that if we go down he will be hung, drawn, & 1/4 by some so called true fans on this forum which would be completely inappropriate in my opinion which would take the spotlight once again off those players that need a stint in lower grades

Posted using RoarFEED 2012