i hope sheens noticed

ImageImageImage
hybrid_tiger

Re: i hope sheens noticed

Post by hybrid_tiger » Tue 07 Aug, 2012 1:19 pm

RMS wrote: All that stuff about guys not getting dropped etc,
Name a club in the top 8 that has dropped an established 1st grade player this season for an u20's untried player? I would be curious to know if it has happened this season...
No one is calling for the entire 20s side to be promoted.

But when your team is criminally underperforming for the entire season, there obviously needs to be some changes. The problem is that regardless of how players perform, they are never dropped under Sheens. They know that their place is assured every week regardless of performance and this breeds mediocrity.

One of the biggest issues we've had all year is a lack of pace out wide, Koroibete should have been there earlier but of course its better late than never.

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Tue 07 Aug, 2012 3:02 pm

RMS wrote:Eye rolling? More negativity. :D
No I understand and you don't have to be sorry that fans want the team to play their best but coming on here after a win is NO different to coming on here after the Souths loss for example.
All that stuff about guys not getting dropped etc,
Name a club in the top 8 that has dropped an established 1st grade player this season for an u20's untried player? I would be curious to know if it has happened this season...
No different than after the Souths loss? I think there's been some difference, no one is bagging the 2nd half performance. However, people don't understand why we, given our roster, struggle to put in for the full 80.

Can't name a club in the top 8 that has dropped an established 1st grader this season, but all the clubs above us have generally been in form for the better part of the year. Certainly a few players in clubs below us that have been dropped or let go. Does dropping Humble, moving our 5/8 to half and bringing in an untried 5/8 in Siro count?

If you believe that underperforming players shouldn't be dropped, that's fine, I disagree.

RMS

Post by RMS » Tue 07 Aug, 2012 4:06 pm

No different it is all negativity. Not on this particular thread but people are bagging Benji for not being awesome all season...for example. Anyway....

No if guys aren't performing then of course they should be accountable but my point is coaches, any coach would prefer to go with the established 1st grader than take a chance on an untried u20s player. Take Canberra for example not exactly setting the world on fire, Edrick Lee their gun u20s centre gets a chance...only because of injury. Now they have their 1st choice guys back, Lee is back in the u20s...just an example of what i am talking about, it isn't just the Wests Tigers, every club would be the same. Like young Mullaney for the Eels - only playing because Hayne is out.