Pace isn't so bad is it Mr Sheens?

ImageImageImage
milford_magic

Pace isn't so bad is it Mr Sheens?

Post by milford_magic » Mon 06 Aug, 2012 9:00 pm

For years you have picked slow (but hard working) wingers who have NO impact, like Reddy, Brown, Ryan, Tuquiri. Tonight you picked a winger with some pace, and he did what wingers were supposed to do, and take your half chances.

I say with confidence I don't think any of our wingers I listed above would of been quick enough to steam on to that last ball and score like Koribete did, and i say with 100% confidence that no winger in our club would of scored that game breaking try Koribete scored where he ran through 3 players when we were down 26-22.

Now all you need is a centre who has some pace.

mikey

Post by mikey » Mon 06 Aug, 2012 9:02 pm

Ryan and Tuquri have no impact? Put a Pampas on and go back to bed like a good boy Junior.

saundo1982

Post by saundo1982 » Mon 06 Aug, 2012 9:03 pm

milford_magic wrote:For years you have picked slow (but hard working) wingers who have NO impact, like Reddy, Brown, Ryan, Tuquiri. Tonight you picked a winger with some pace, and he did what wingers were supposed to do, and take your half chances.

I say with confidence I don't think any of our wingers I listed above would of been quick enough to steam on to that last ball and score like Koribete did, and i say with 100% confidence that no winger in our club would of scored that game breaking try Koribete scored where he ran through 3 players when we were down 26-22.

Now all you need is a centre who has some pace.
Your probably right but he got the ball on his chest for all of those tries certainly helps hitting it a full speed as opposed to stopping and starting again when going for the corner, like what's be served to our other wingers all year.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

milford_magic

Post by milford_magic » Mon 06 Aug, 2012 9:08 pm

mikey wrote:Ryan and Tuquri have no impact? Put a Pampas on and go back to bed like a good boy Junior.
Very little impact. Both hard working, both take the bombs well, defend well, take a lot of runs, but if you think they are impact players then you are deluded.

saundo1982

Post by saundo1982 » Mon 06 Aug, 2012 9:11 pm

milford_magic wrote:
mikey wrote:Ryan and Tuquri have no impact? Put a Pampas on and go back to bed like a good boy Junior.
Very little impact. Both hard working, both take the bombs well, defend well, take a lot of runs, but if you think they are impact players then you are deluded.
Koro was great tonight. But he's got to take this opportunity with both hands work hard for the remainder of the season to hold his spot next year. On tonight performance he deserves but he's got to do it week after week.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Mon 06 Aug, 2012 9:14 pm

Marika Koroibete is going to be the greatest winger of all the times.

hellman

Post by hellman » Mon 06 Aug, 2012 9:15 pm

Ryan is a really good player however we just need more speed out there. You look at the difference that Koro made tonight and it shows what we have been missing.

mikey

Post by mikey » Mon 06 Aug, 2012 9:18 pm

milford_magic wrote:
No you are on red cordial. You are talking about one of the greatest wingers of all time in Tuquiri. Ryan is one of the most improved players in the NRL. Marika had a 4 try game and played great, especially with his hit on Sandow. But some of his trys came from great lead up work and passes. Give up the red cordial, it will help you understand.

milford_magic

Post by milford_magic » Mon 06 Aug, 2012 9:33 pm

mikey wrote: No you are on red cordial. You are talking about one of the greatest wingers of all time in Tuquiri. Ryan is one of the most improved players in the NRL. Marika had a 4 try game and played great, especially with his hit on Sandow. But some of his trys came from great lead up work and passes. Give up the red cordial, it will help you understand
Mate I am a fan of Ryan, and he's very improved, but that doesn't make him an impact player. Seriously, you and others are turning him into the New Blake Ayshford (2012 origin player apparently... :roll: ). He is a good honest player whose great to have in the team, but he's not someone I really think the opposition are really worried about. Tuquiri on the other hand was a legend at 24, but at 32 he adds nothing in attack.

Koribete will make mistakes, and some of his tries were due to great lead up work, but he made them look easy where other wingers wouldn't. The last try he steamed onto perfectly and I am not convinced any of our other wingers have the pace to do it that easy and in regards to his first try, theres not an outside back in the club who would of scored that, nor even probably busted the line in the first place.

mikey

Post by mikey » Mon 06 Aug, 2012 9:39 pm

I don't disagree with some of what you are saying but seriously get some balance in your comments. You are slagging some people who have done much more than you and I will ever do in our lives.

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Mon 06 Aug, 2012 9:44 pm

No way man. I am the King of England.

mikey

Post by mikey » Mon 06 Aug, 2012 9:48 pm

MacDougall wrote:No way man. I am the King of England.
Your icon has a striking similarity to our cat - he's called Pancake only because the rest of the family wouldn't let me call him Flatcat.

mikey

Post by mikey » Mon 06 Aug, 2012 9:51 pm

1/4 chicken,chips wrote:
mikey wrote:I don't disagree with some of what you are saying but seriously get some balance in your comments. You are slagging some people who have done much more than you and I will ever do in our lives.
Get off your high horse Mikey and enjoy the win, opinions are like a h oles we all have one .
Yes Sir. I will only ever enjoy the win again Sir. I will only ever agree again Sir. Grow up - the guy is slagging a legend and a good player. Korobite had a great game tonight but seriously.

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Mon 06 Aug, 2012 9:51 pm

He is a gorgeous, majestic beast.

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Mon 06 Aug, 2012 9:53 pm

Tuquri wouldn't of scored any of those tries.

mikey

Post by mikey » Mon 06 Aug, 2012 9:56 pm

MacDougall wrote:He is a gorgeous, majestic beast.
And Looks it. Forgive my ignorance but a Russian Blue perchance?

mikey

Post by mikey » Mon 06 Aug, 2012 9:57 pm

TIGER wrote:Tuquri wouldn't of scored any of those tries.
Is that so Nostradamus?

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Mon 06 Aug, 2012 9:58 pm

He probably would have scored one of the easy ones in the corner and knocked the other one on or slipped over. The rest, not in a million years.