Mullaney

ImageImageImage
Tiger Watto

Re: Mullaney

Post by Tiger Watto » Wed 08 Aug, 2012 8:43 am

tig_prmz wrote:
hybrid_tiger wrote:Said it last week. We can't keep them all.

Tedesco >>>>> Mullaney.
...maybe, that's why he was let go, that's not the question.

the question is why he was not given a fair go ahead of mckinnon, moltzen, brown etc.
Thats easy... All 3 of those you mentioned had more runs on the board and Jake was considered too small/weak.

McKinnon is the best Fullback we have had since Hodgo left.
Moltzen offers plenty in attack and has better ball-playing ability than Mullaney.
Brown was our Mr Reliable. Not overly gifted with ball-playing ability, but never let us down.

Sometimes timing is a very important thing in gaining a start in the NRL... He had 3 'reliable' & 'known' options ahead of him. Kids in under 12's get a 'fair go'...

Eitherway, you dont seriously think Mullaney would be getting a run at Parra if Hayne wasnt injured and Burt wasnt retiring???
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Wed 08 Aug, 2012 2:22 pm

underdog wrote:I think Mullaney got exposed a bit last night.

Yeah the kid can score tries.

But his defense was....... well. We have all said it before on here. He was turnstiled a few times in defense, Ayshford ran through him to setup Utai, and when Moltzen went over for his try, Mullaney made ZERO effort to get out from behind the Parra 12 to get to him.

He was also a spectator to a two of Koro's Tries, and was a DON'T ARGUE in another.

Bag Moltzen all we want, he made a one on one tackle on a rampaging Moi Moi to save a try, and on other occasions through the year has made some brave defensive plays. (Yes I know he's crap at catching bombs)

Call it egg on MY face, But at the moment he's our best option back there. Beau had one great game at Fullback against the storm, but Moltzens consistency has been getting better, and Beau is better services either in the centres or on the wing.
Moltzen is pretty much crap at everything.

Stood back when the chip kick came his way. Should have put the body on the line like good fullbacks do. Fell off the tackle in the second half. Runs the ball back like an under 8 player. Cannot catch a cold. Worst fullback in the comp.

Spiros Yeeros

Post by Spiros Yeeros » Wed 08 Aug, 2012 2:30 pm

This is my first post. Hi you Guys.

Mullaney will be a great player. Should have got a go by Tim Sheens.

So too should have Everingham.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Wed 08 Aug, 2012 2:54 pm

Much the same as Moltzen similar strengths and similar weakness. I possible think Mullaney has a better positional game than Moltzen but I think Moltzen is better when playing up in the line and of course Teddy looks better than both of them in his very brief time in FG

I suppose the point is Sheens did not think he had it when their were plenty of times through injury he could have given him a game or two but he is not the first player Sheens has given the cold shoulder to, but to be fair to Sheens my guess he would be playing for Bret now if he was still at the club

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Wed 08 Aug, 2012 3:10 pm

Mullaney has the skills and has shown it in the past.
For whatever reason Sheens wouldn't give him a chance.
He might be lucky and grab the spot at Parra if Stuart decides to play Hayne at 5/8.
Everingham is lucky he is playing at the end of the backline of the team running second or you would never had heard of him.
Average at best.

Spiros Yeeros

Post by Spiros Yeeros » Wed 08 Aug, 2012 3:23 pm

cktiger wrote:Mullaney has the skills and has shown it in the past.
He might be lucky and grab the spot at Parra if Stuart decides to play Hayne at 5/8.
Everingham is lucky he is playing at the end of the backline of the team running second or you would never had heard of him.
Average at best.

Everingham Average ??

:lol:

He killed us in round one.

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Wed 08 Aug, 2012 3:27 pm

Hi Bug

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Wed 08 Aug, 2012 3:46 pm

smeghead wrote:Hi Bug
Yep.
Just because it's soap doesn't mean it's clean.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Wed 08 Aug, 2012 4:02 pm

Spiros Yeeros wrote:
Average at best.

Everingham Average ??

Dame Edna killed us ?
Ahhhh..... no he didn't. :roll:
We should have won the first game and played terrible in the last one.
No big difference if it was him on the wing or someone else in either game.

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Wed 08 Aug, 2012 4:07 pm

Not kicking a field goal when it was there on a platter and some questionable momentum derived strip call against us killed us in the first encounter

Spiros Yeeros

Post by Spiros Yeeros » Wed 08 Aug, 2012 5:28 pm

cktiger wrote:
Spiros Yeeros wrote:
Average at best.

Everingham Average ??

Dame Edna killed us ?
Ahhhh..... no he didn't. :roll:
We should have won the first game and played terrible in the last one.
No big difference if it was him on the wing or someone else in either game.

He scored a try in the 78th minute which won the game. He outran Lote to the ball. :(

Goose

Post by Goose » Wed 08 Aug, 2012 5:57 pm

only those with an axe to grind would be complaining about not keeping Mullaney and Everingham.

Glad these guys are getting a run in NRL now, but neither exactly banged down the door to demand be included in our top 25. Although performing solidly in first grade, neither is making me wish they were playing for us.

Imagine how the bulldogs feel watching Thurston go round, they had a direct choice between Sherwin and Thurston, Sherwin far more expensive then Thurston, that is getting one wrong. It is impossible for recruitment and retention to get it 100% right, but Im not concerned one bit about losing these 2

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Wed 08 Aug, 2012 6:05 pm

Just on Everingham, not many may realise this but another pretty good coach passed him on to Wests as he didnt think he would make it either...

That coach might go back to back as a Premiership Winning Coach in 2012?!

What happened to your Tooth Bug?
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Wed 08 Aug, 2012 6:07 pm

Goose wrote:only those with an axe to grind would be complaining about not keeping Mullaney and Everingham.

Glad these guys are getting a run in NRL now, but neither exactly banged down the door to demand be included in our top 25. Although performing solidly in first grade, neither is making me wish they were playing for us.

Imagine how the bulldogs feel watching Thurston go round, they had a direct choice between Sherwin and Thurston, Sherwin far more expensive then Thurston, that is getting one wrong. It is impossible for recruitment and retention to get it 100% right, but Im not concerned one bit about losing these 2
Everingham yes, Mullany i think people have a right to feel disguntled over

LaT

Post by LaT » Wed 08 Aug, 2012 6:12 pm

To be fair, Everingham was setting the world on fire in the early rounds, setting a record for most tries scored by a rookie.

He is being found out more and more though.
TigPies till I die!

I say, I say I resemble that remark!