lets just play the wests tigers way

ImageImageImage
spudoakes

lets just play the wests tigers way

Post by spudoakes » Thu 09 Aug, 2012 11:36 am

With all the talk on defence etc lets just play the wests tigers way "care free " and caution to the wind, lets be honest what we've been doin all year ain't gonna cut it come september. :righton:

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Thu 09 Aug, 2012 11:49 am

Spud thats fine in attack , but we need to defend as well

Eventually we will have a day\days when it doesn't all come off in attack and we have to the outdefend the opposition

That saying that defence wins premierships is very true

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Thu 09 Aug, 2012 12:25 pm

Most line breaks conceded, least metres run. The Wests Tigers way tends to suck alot of the time

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Thu 09 Aug, 2012 12:58 pm

We have been playing the Wests Tigers way.

Erratic in both attack & defence, clocking off for ridiculous periods of time during a game and not putting teams away when in front.
And the sky is filled with light, can you see it?
And the black is really white, if you believe it.
And the longing that you feel, you know none of this is real;
You will find a better place, in this twilight...

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

TigerFlame

Post by TigerFlame » Thu 09 Aug, 2012 1:05 pm

Tigers attack + bulldogs deffence= marvellous

willow

Post by willow » Thu 09 Aug, 2012 1:08 pm

spudoakes wrote:With all the talk on defence etc lets just play the wests tigers way "care free " and caution to the wind, lets be honest what we've been doin all year ain't gonna cut it come september. :righton:
It won't cut it on Saturday night either.

Either the Tigers tackle, or we start talking about the off-season.

InBenjiWeTrust

Post by InBenjiWeTrust » Thu 09 Aug, 2012 1:10 pm

We can probably win a few games with attack, but it is unlikely we can win consistently, especially against the 'grinders'. The fact is that defence wins the game, more often than not.

InBenjiWeTrust

Post by InBenjiWeTrust » Thu 09 Aug, 2012 1:19 pm

Obviously, everyone has opinion what is the 'WT way', for me it is solid and aggressive defence with sparky improvised and unpredictable attack.

Go Tigers

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Thu 09 Aug, 2012 1:20 pm

i've been saying that for the last couple of weeks. defense is about attitude and communication, as the team obtains stability, communication will get better and towards the finals... all games will be a do or die event... if our attitude doesn't come good then, well... no point turning up then

furthermore, sheens and farah have said it numerous times in the press conferences, when our attack clicks, our defense rides on it as well. for most other teams, it's the other way around.

also, i think we have nothing to lose atm. this season has made me and most likely everyone here resigned to the fact that the mistakes we've done in the past, the coach never plans on addressing them or doing anything about them... just play to whatever you see in front of you. we have no gameplan, and even if we do, our boys aren't able to carry it out and eventually it results in a mumble jumble.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

dimitri

Post by dimitri » Thu 09 Aug, 2012 2:04 pm

Contrary to popular belief, it was our defence that won us the 2005 title.

At the back end of 2005 we were conceding around 12points per match. That was as good an average as any previous winner.

Our defence was the reason behind the 2010 and 2011 tilt at the premiership but alas the bounce of the ball didnt go our way.

With players returning from long lay-offs and gaining match fitness, our defence will tighten.

Have faith.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Thu 09 Aug, 2012 4:39 pm

At the back end of this season we're conceding 28 points per match

I'll get some faith, you just tell me when we start

underdog

Post by underdog » Thu 09 Aug, 2012 4:55 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:We have been playing the Wests Tigers way.

Erratic in both attack & defence, clocking off for ridiculous periods of time during a game and not putting teams away when in front.
Not to mention winning games in the last 15minutes, leaving fans wondering "WHAT IF" they could put that together for 80 minutes...

tigergirlz

Post by tigergirlz » Thu 09 Aug, 2012 5:04 pm

WHAT - play with no game plan! :ugeek:

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Thu 09 Aug, 2012 5:55 pm

underdog wrote:

Not to mention winning games in the last 15minutes, leaving fans wondering "WHAT IF" they could put that together for 80 minutes...
Just as big a worry as what I've mentioned. It will take a serious attitude adjustment for the lads to romp it home this year. I'm always hopeful as long we're a remote chance, but we have a few games coming up that will require more than the last 40 minutes we churned out against the team coming last.
And the sky is filled with light, can you see it?
And the black is really white, if you believe it.
And the longing that you feel, you know none of this is real;
You will find a better place, in this twilight...

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

kh_canada

Post by kh_canada » Thu 09 Aug, 2012 6:29 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
underdog wrote:

Just as big a worry as what I've mentioned. It will take a serious attitude adjustment for the lads to romp it home this year. I'm always hopeful as long we're a remote chance, but we have a few games coming up that will require more than the last 40 minutes we churned out against the team coming last.
Surprised their attitude isn't in the right place come the end of the season.
Ellis has a couple more weeks, should be an exciting time to play their last games together, they know their season is on the line and relies on these last couple games to pull through.
They need to fire up now if they want a winning chance.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012
The Huth... the Huth... the Huth is on fire