Moltzen's decision to stay with Tigers cost us dearly

ImageImageImage
GNR4LIFE

Re: Moltzen's decision to stay with Tigers cost us dearly

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 12 Aug, 2012 12:32 am

I don't want to dwell on the negatives cos he was really good tonight, and i loved the way he stuck it to their parasitic fan base, but why does it take him 3/4's of the season to get going? he had an excuse last yr as he was coming back from a knee reco but what is it this yr? don't say its cos he trained for the whole summer at 7 cos thats garbage. He played the entire season at 1 last yr, did he develop amnesia in the off-season and forget how to play the way he did at the back end of last season?

chickenkebabs

Post by chickenkebabs » Sun 12 Aug, 2012 6:01 am

Anyone else bags three to down the dragons there would be threads proFessing undying love everywhere. With moltzen it's crickets. The hate on the guy is near pathological.

Swordy

Post by Swordy » Sun 12 Aug, 2012 8:02 am

chickenkebabs wrote:Anyone else bags three to down the dragons there would be threads proFessing undying love everywhere. With moltzen it's crickets. The hate on the guy is near pathological.
Very true. You have to remember though that there are 3 or 4 posters on here with their agenda. If you disagree with them, they start the personal attacks.
Gets boring really.

Anyway, a good, safe game from Moltzen tonight. His positional play was pretty good and his support play, as usual, was above average.
Sunshine Coast resident.
Tigers fan since birth in 1969.
Fond memories of Leichhardt Oval every home game as a kid with my Dad!

tiger-stripes

Post by tiger-stripes » Sun 12 Aug, 2012 8:07 am

chickenkebabs wrote:Anyone else bags three to down the dragons there would be threads proFessing undying love everywhere. With moltzen it's crickets. The hate on the guy is near pathological.
And borderline shameful. I for one am happy to praise his efforts tonight. Well done Moltz!

As much as I love Beau Ryan as a player, if he played fullback tonight (like the vast majority of this forum seem to believe he should), in my opinion, he doesn't score 3 tries. Moltz's support play in attack makes him the best fit player we have for the #1, yet the hate continues for one of our own. I await the predictable tirade of disagreement on this point though ....

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 12 Aug, 2012 8:30 am

Thats probably because some people what he did, the way he acted and the way he brought crap on this club during the off season will never be forgotten.
When a man runs, cowers, hides and doesnt face up to his responsibilities, no amount of anything else will redeem himself - he needs to deal with his unfinished business that dragged the club through the sewer. Only then might some see him as a man - hard to respect right now - despite any amount of good footy being played

Rip in.

mikey

Post by mikey » Sun 12 Aug, 2012 8:45 am

Bear in mind there are some on this forum that may have slight overtones of the P word. Apologies to any Muslim or Christian forum members but it is like a fatwah or holy crusade.

tiger-stripes

Post by tiger-stripes » Sun 12 Aug, 2012 8:46 am

He's not the first player to do it and doubt he'll be the last. The panfer fans didn't let the Souths debacle diminish their love of "favourite son" Luke Lewis did they ..

I appreciate your point of view ink that his actions were not honorable, but the club obviously had some part to play in offering him an option to stay with us so I don't think you can blame the kid wholly and solely.

At the end of the day, he did what he did not for the money, but because he wanted to stay with his mates at a club he loves. I just think its a shame the supporters can't get past it and show him some of that love and support back.

cusschops

Post by cusschops » Sun 12 Aug, 2012 9:05 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:I don't want to dwell on the negatives cos he was really good tonight, and i loved the way he stuck it to their parasitic fan base, but why does it take him 3/4's of the season to get going? he had an excuse last yr as he was coming back from a knee reco but what is it this yr? don't say its cos he trained for the whole summer at 7 cos thats garbage. He played the entire season at 1 last yr, did he develop amnesia in the off-season and forget how to play the way he did at the back end of last season?
You are a goose! Go barrack for the Dragons!

cusschops

Post by cusschops » Sun 12 Aug, 2012 9:07 am

innsaneink wrote:

Thats probably because some people what he did, the way he acted and the way he brought crap on this club during the off season will never be forgotten.
When a man runs, cowers, hides and doesnt face up to his responsibilities, no amount of anything else will redeem himself - he needs to deal with his unfinished business that dragged the club through the sewer. Only then might some see him as a man - hard to respect right now - despite any amount of good footy being played

Rip in.
Your a goose too ink!

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 12 Aug, 2012 9:13 am

Yeh thats the way cuss.....

Thanks Tiger stripes for respecting an opinion.

I dont really care what you think of me, but I knew me sharing my opinion would bring retorts like this....too bad it brings out the kindergartener in some

tigerbenji

Post by tigerbenji » Sun 12 Aug, 2012 9:21 am

Credit where credit is due, Moltzen had a good game & thats all i am worried about but some people are never happy win or loose.

galea#11

Post by galea#11 » Sun 12 Aug, 2012 9:38 am

Well done moltz he has always had the best attacking instincts just scares the crap out of me as a fullback under pressure . Havent seen him run hard like he did at halftime and carry blokes over line LIKED it

chickenkebabs

Post by chickenkebabs » Sun 12 Aug, 2012 9:41 am

Hopefully he grows in confidence from this and shows what I believe he's capable of.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion.

Just seems Moltzens name is like chum to circling sharks.

diedpretty

Post by diedpretty » Sun 12 Aug, 2012 9:46 am

hybrid_tiger wrote:Aside from the lackluster effort on Morris' first try, he was very good tonight.

If only he played like that every week.
I initially thought that as well but when i saw the front on shot of the try i don't thinkanyone would have stopped Morris from scoring - he kicked before being able to be tackled and got a perfect bounce - the only thing Moltzen possibly could have done was hit at the ball as there was no way he was going to catch it.

the_scene

Post by the_scene » Sun 12 Aug, 2012 10:05 am

With the Morris try if you watch the replay I think Farah has to take a fair share of the blame. When the bust is made instead of running across to put pressure on Morris he decides to cover the inside man, pointing and telling Moltz to tackle Morris. This forced the fullbacks hand and as soon as he advanced Morris chipped him, leaving him with no chance to turn and chase

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 12 Aug, 2012 10:12 am

Lol im a little bemused Cuss. What exactly did i say that got your panties in such a twist? if you got a problem with what i said why don't you adress it instead of calling me names like a 2 yr old. If you are capable that is

Swordy

Post by Swordy » Sun 12 Aug, 2012 11:33 am

I think some posters on this forum bring more embarrassment upon our club than Tim Moltzen could ever hope to do in a lifetime of contract talks!

Personally, I think his Manager has ALOT to answer for, and our own management isn't blame free either. Won't change the opinion of some who think they know all.
Sunshine Coast resident.
Tigers fan since birth in 1969.
Fond memories of Leichhardt Oval every home game as a kid with my Dad!

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sun 12 Aug, 2012 11:56 am

diedpretty wrote:
hybrid_tiger wrote:Aside from the lackluster effort on Morris' first try, he was very good tonight.

If only he played like that every week.
I initially thought that as well but when i saw the front on shot of the try i don't thinkanyone would have stopped Morris from scoring - he kicked before being able to be tackled and got a perfect bounce - the only thing Moltzen possibly could have done was hit at the ball as there was no way he was going to catch it.
Yeah as I said from where I was sitting it was a bit hard to see, thought he could have done better initially. I haven't had a chance to watch the replay yet.

I would love nothing more than for him to play like that every week, contrary to what a few clowns on here would like to think. I may criticise alot but ill always give credit where credit is due. So well done to Moltzen on a great game, more of the same in the next month and hopefully longer.