Benji the Magician

ImageImageImage
Novocastrian Tiger

Benji the Magician

Post by Novocastrian Tiger » Sun 12 Aug, 2012 12:37 am

Just when things were getting close, Benji conjured up the plays that brought it home for us. For all the negative things that can be said about Benji, he did deliver us the victory tonight. Yes, his kicking may leave alot to be desired, Yes he may not be attacking the line as much as he should, but Yes he is the attacking spark to leaves us as being an X factor in this years competition.

Heres hoping Benji learns consistency for the remainder of the season, and is consistently bringing us home wins every week.
It starts and ends with the Tiger!

aajlewis

Post by aajlewis » Sun 12 Aug, 2012 2:14 am

Definitely showed off what he can do when we are continuously putting the other team under pressure at the try line. Our attack is one of a kind with back to back sets which have become a rarity for us

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

Anthism

Post by Anthism » Sun 12 Aug, 2012 3:03 am

I got a feeling back to back sets will be cashed in soon. Probably an area we haven't excelled in but Farah putting kicks in for Koro seems to work well for kick options when we are mid field and keeps the momentum

Frank the tank

Post by Frank the tank » Sun 12 Aug, 2012 6:10 am

Just imagine how much better he'd be with a decent halfback organising the team and with a kicking game too!
I'm not a complete idiot.............there are some pieces missing!

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Sun 12 Aug, 2012 6:39 am

Frank the tank wrote:Just imagine how much better he'd be with a decent halfback organising the team and with a kicking game too!
That, he ran for 0 metres too, thought that was a game he really could have carved them up if he ran, but he still managed 3 try assists

mikey

Post by mikey » Sun 12 Aug, 2012 7:57 am

Let's just hope those combinations just keep getting better. He did what he had to do tonight and had support (thank God) from Moltzen, who had a much happier game. I hope the confidence starts trickling through the team .

hellman

Post by hellman » Sun 12 Aug, 2012 8:29 am

A consistent Benji is the best player in the game. The problem is he isn't consistent.

Still some of those plays were just total class and amazing to watch.

Blake93

Post by Blake93 » Sun 12 Aug, 2012 8:38 am

He seems most comfortable when moltzen or fulton are partnering and he seems to play his best games at halfback when there is a more experience player with him in the halves. The past 2 games have been close to his 2 best all year and they coincide with fulton being in the halves with him, I'm happy for him to stay there for the rest of the year and I think anasta will fill that spot next year.

He who is not everyday conquering some fear has not learnt the secret of life.

mikey

Post by mikey » Sun 12 Aug, 2012 8:41 am

Have to agree - there is no-one that works as well at 6 ATM.

hellman

Post by hellman » Sun 12 Aug, 2012 9:56 am

He played 7 and all those magic moments were at 7.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 12 Aug, 2012 1:40 pm

hellman wrote:He played 7 and all those magic moments were at 7.
On the back of a great tactical kicking game to the conditions, and field position.

tigertales

Post by tigertales » Sun 12 Aug, 2012 4:15 pm

Am I watching a different game? He didn't take the line on and ran for 0m his kicking game was atrocious. Sure his ball playing was great and he threw two magic passes but he was far from great if that's as good as it gets we're in deep trouble.

Posted using RoarFEED

Blackpearl

Post by Blackpearl » Sun 12 Aug, 2012 7:40 pm

tigertales wrote:Am I watching a different game? He didn't take the line on and ran for 0m his kicking game was atrocious. Sure his ball playing was great and he threw two magic passes but he was far from great if that's as good as it gets we're in deep trouble.

Posted using RoarFEED
OMG ..... when will people realise that without benji the tigers are a million to one to win the comp. he has skills that NO other player can do in the nrl and is something special that should be appreciated. we dont need another boofhead running at the line to get smashed !! he's not there to make a zillion tackles, he's there to win games for us with his magic that no one else in the nrl has.

its bad enough listening to absolute gooses from other clubs gigging themselves about marshall " crap player etc etc " without garbage from within.
carv'em up benji !!
I dislike sowfs immensely

Goose

Post by Goose » Sun 12 Aug, 2012 9:30 pm

tigertales wrote:Am I watching a different game? He didn't take the line on and ran for 0m his kicking game was atrocious. Sure his ball playing was great and he threw two magic passes but he was far from great if that's as good as it gets we're in deep trouble.

Posted using RoarFEED
hard marker, scoring plays are the important ones, benji nailed 3 of them