I hate golden point ...

ImageImageImage
LaT

Re: I hate golden point ...

Post by LaT » Fri 17 Aug, 2012 11:54 pm

MacDougall wrote:Why did they bring it in again?
Because draws are like kissing your sister.
TigPies till I die!

I say, I say I resemble that remark!

Tigermac

Post by Tigermac » Fri 17 Aug, 2012 11:56 pm

I hate everything and everyone at the moment

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

barrytiger

Post by barrytiger » Sat 18 Aug, 2012 12:00 am

both teams should be given a point after 80 mins ,then play for the extra point

stryker

Post by stryker » Sat 18 Aug, 2012 12:00 am

I dont like golden point, but I am for extra time. It creates a buzz around the ground that you dont normaly get as everyone can sense that some are injured whilst others pick them selves up and keep trucking. E.T is exciting and is a litmus test...G.P diminshes this somewhat

pacey

Post by pacey » Sat 18 Aug, 2012 12:01 am

Meh I like it..
But if they were to can it , they should switch to something like rugby's extra Time for semi finals ..
Two ten minute halves. Who ever is winning after that wins .. Semi finals are two big to be decided on a flukey field goal

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

Golden

Post by Golden » Sat 18 Aug, 2012 12:07 am

stryker wrote:I dont like golden point, but I am for extra time. It creates a buzz around the ground that you dont normaly get as everyone can sense that some are injured whilst others pick them selves up and keep trucking. E.T is exciting and is a litmus test...G.P diminshes this somewhat
whats the point of extra time in a regular season game anyway? you play to win for 80 mins. it would still be a field goal thing anyway with extra time

Golden

Post by Golden » Sat 18 Aug, 2012 12:10 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:Yeah thanks Golden, no point in watching the end of that game

Bloody hell some people :brick:
jeez you actually feel like watching football after that loss? it's the last thing on my mind to watch other games I want football out of my head for good right now won't be able to sleep tonight because of t

stryker

Post by stryker » Sat 18 Aug, 2012 12:17 am

Golden wrote:
stryker wrote:I dont like golden point, but I am for extra time. It creates a buzz around the ground that you dont normaly get as everyone can sense that some are injured whilst others pick them selves up and keep trucking. E.T is exciting and is a litmus test...G.P diminshes this somewhat
whats the point of extra time in a regular season game anyway? you play to win for 80 mins. it would still be a field goal thing anyway with extra time
Simple, everyone wants a result.

At the end of regulation, both sides score a point.
They then play for 10 more minutes and whoever is ahead at fulltime gains an extra point. They will play for tries and field goals will come right at the death.

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Sat 18 Aug, 2012 6:29 am

Hate it, hated it at the beginning of the year, hated it last year, hated in as soon as they introduced it. Just a dumb idea to have it for the regular season.

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Sat 18 Aug, 2012 6:39 am

I have always hated Golden Point, but would've been pretty happy if we won last night...

The fact is we blew it. I don't think any team in the history of Golden Point has been gifted 3 sets in a row and not won!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

Alf Duguid

Post by Alf Duguid » Sat 18 Aug, 2012 7:07 am

Tiger Watto wrote:I have always hated Golden Point, but would've been pretty happy if we won last night...

The fact is we blew it. I don't think any team in the history of Golden Point has been gifted 3 sets in a row and not won!
I was thinking the same thing. We had our chances in Golden Point and blew it

I think from memory they said our record in GP is 3 and 8? You think we would know how to play it after so many cracks

Frank the tank

Post by Frank the tank » Sat 18 Aug, 2012 7:09 am

Never liked golden point, can't stand in fact. If I was in charge it would be gone by lunch time. I don't mind extra time where if the the scores are still locked then it's a draw. Nothing wrong with a draw in regular season.

Both teams should be rewarded after a game like that. But what is totally wrong is that there will be a team this week that gives up and gets flogged and they will get the same reward as our blokes........that is simply wrong.
I'm not a complete idiot.............there are some pieces missing!

tw33k

Post by tw33k » Sat 18 Aug, 2012 7:27 am

Tiger Watto wrote:I have always hated Golden Point, but would've been pretty happy if we won last night...

Exactly Farrah had a perfect opportunity but blew it. I don't like golden point. They should play 2x 5 min halves and then we either get a winner or a draw. In the finals they should just keep playing until there is a winner

russelldp

Post by russelldp » Sat 18 Aug, 2012 9:17 am

I've always thought there should be three points for a regular win, two for a golden point win and one for golden point loss.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 18 Aug, 2012 9:47 am

Golden wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:Yeah thanks Golden, no point in watching the end of that game

Bloody hell some people :brick:
jeez you actually feel like watching football after that loss? it's the last thing on my mind to watch other games I want football out of my head for good right now won't be able to sleep tonight because of t
Some consideration for others would be nice, its not all about you. I'm really starting to believe that you are just a troll along the lines of a Bug or Damo. Nobody and i mean NOBODY could be this bitter and angry at the world when things don't go their way. I can't believe i'm saying this cos i've never said it before but there are other things to life you know. Its a nice sunny day today why don't you take a walk in the park or something and try and enjoying life for a change

westTAHger

Post by westTAHger » Sat 18 Aug, 2012 9:59 am

no golden point this year.
wests-tigers would be sitting on same points.

its time for it to go.
not just because wests-tigers suck at it.
a good game like last night, each team deserved some reward.
Basil, our rescue dog, is wondering when wests tigers will win 25 - 18 :D

kh_canada

Post by kh_canada » Sat 18 Aug, 2012 10:08 am

Would have loved the draw. There is so much wrong with golden point.
But loved our effort and that we're the only team to truly rattle the dogs (credit to broncos to having them at half time)

The Huth... the Huth... the Huth is on fire

Golden

Post by Golden » Sat 18 Aug, 2012 10:26 am

stryker wrote:
Golden wrote:
Simple, everyone wants a result.

At the end of regulation, both sides score a point.
They then play for 10 more minutes and whoever is ahead at fulltime gains an extra point. They will play for tries and field goals will come right at the death.
Wont happen people start kicking field goals anyway with 10 mins to go with the score leveld now