Adam Blair/Matt Bell

ImageImageImage
slacko
Member
Member
Posts: 328
Joined: Thu 16 Jun, 2011 7:44 pm
Location: Leumeah

Re: Adam Blair/Matt Bell

Post by slacko » Sat 18 Aug, 2012 4:23 am

I wish we could sack Blair. He simple isn't worth the money we are rumored to be paying him.


Posted using RoarFEED 2012
eternal optimist.


User avatar
Tigerdave
Member
Member
Posts: 11073
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 6:04 am
Location: Lismore

Post by Tigerdave » Sat 18 Aug, 2012 6:46 am

Did not want to lose Bryce to begin with and now given Blair's form, or lack thereof, certainly the worst buy.

User avatar
Frank the tank
Member
Member
Posts: 610
Joined: Sun 13 Nov, 2011 5:20 pm
Location: Sydney boy living in NZ

Post by Frank the tank » Sat 18 Aug, 2012 7:18 am

Blair is an oxygen thief........I wouldn't have him in my team
I'm not a complete idiot.............there are some pieces missing!

User avatar
Demps
Member
Member
Posts: 8430
Joined: Sat 29 Jan, 2011 2:31 pm
Location: Newcastle

Post by Demps » Sat 18 Aug, 2012 8:04 am

Ed Reschs wrote:Him and moltzen cost us the game


Posted using RoarFEED 2012
nah, not really.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

User avatar
Demps
Member
Member
Posts: 8430
Joined: Sat 29 Jan, 2011 2:31 pm
Location: Newcastle

Post by Demps » Sat 18 Aug, 2012 8:05 am

Flippedy wrote:I wish we'd bought Sika Manu instead of Blair. Always rated him better.
x2
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.


ambostu
Member
Member
Posts: 94
Joined: Tue 17 Jan, 2012 1:14 pm

Post by ambostu » Sat 18 Aug, 2012 8:43 am

Demps wrote:
Flippedy wrote:I wish we'd bought Sika Manu instead of Blair. Always rated him better.
x2
X 3


Posted using RoarFEED 2012

User avatar
tw33k
Member
Member
Posts: 393
Joined: Mon 13 Sep, 2010 12:41 pm
Location: Canberra

Post by tw33k » Sat 18 Aug, 2012 8:50 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:Its funny how all the people who come to Moltzen's defence claiming they only do it cos they are sick of the constant crap he receives never come to Blairs aid. Blair cops just as much yet they never say boo. Funny that
Why is it funny? Maybe they feel Blair deserves it and Moltzen doesn't

Manly Tiger

Post by Manly Tiger » Sat 18 Aug, 2012 2:09 pm

milford_magic wrote: The only thing Ill give him is despite what people say , he does chase every ball, or every break in attack and defence.
He is usually chasing in defence becuase he has missed a tackle, he is very lazy in defence. Last night he let Barba run right passed him and he didn't even attempt to make a tackle, then he chased hard as the dogs went up the field. he could save himself alot of energy by just making a tackle. He does this time and time again.

I'd start him of the bench and let Bell run on and see if Blair can have an impact that way as it's not working with him in the run on side. We definetly win the award for worse buy of the year with him.

magpiecol
Member
Member
Posts: 3252
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 3:02 pm

Post by magpiecol » Sat 18 Aug, 2012 4:39 pm

avocadoontoast wrote:Is it time to start considering having Matt Bell start in place of Blair? Silly penalties, low workrate, poor ball control. He's becoming more of a liability every week.

This same topic was raised last week but the OP was flamed for it. From memory one poster incredibly stated that Blair would be the "first player picked" for the game against the Dogs and that the person who commented on Blair's less than impressive form was a "very poor judge of footballer". Surely that view cannot be upheld by any self respecting (or sane) rugby league fan after tonight's performance, can it?

Bell was good tonight. He needs to be given the chance to run out in the starting 13.

That was me who said those things. Last night I did not see anything that changed my opinion.

Lisa
Member
Member
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed 16 Feb, 2011 3:53 pm

Post by Lisa » Sat 18 Aug, 2012 7:30 pm

He is usually chasing in defence becuase he has missed a tackle, he is very lazy in defence. Last night he let Barba run right passed him and he didn't even attempt to make a tackle, then he chased hard as the dogs went up the field. he could save himself alot of energy by just making a tackle. He does this time and time again.

Totally agree, just watch him run beside the opposition instead of going in to tackle, then comes in as 2nd or 3rd man! very lazy but it gets his stats up..Sheens can't drop him cos that would just be admitting that he made a very expensive mistake
Bull

User avatar
1974semifinal
Member
Member
Posts: 453
Joined: Fri 08 Jul, 2011 11:28 pm

Post by 1974semifinal » Sat 18 Aug, 2012 7:58 pm

Lisa wrote:He is usually chasing in defence becuase he has missed a tackle, he is very lazy in defence. Last night he let Barba run right passed him and he didn't even attempt to make a tackle, then he chased hard as the dogs went up the field. he could save himself alot of energy by just making a tackle. He does this time and time again.

Totally agree, just watch him run beside the opposition instead of going in to tackle, then comes in as 2nd or 3rd man! very lazy but it gets his stats up..Sheens can't drop him cos that would just be admitting that he made a very expensive mistake

Lisa , you may have seen an apology made to myself and you and another person on a previous thread ( Blair blah page 6 ) i instigated by an understanding supporter who initially thought Blair would be IT but realised that he is NOT ..what you say is so right and there is so much more..but some people cannot see this ( thats life ).. also ..Sheens is a person who will not admit he has made a mistake , he has been like this for years.

User avatar
1974semifinal
Member
Member
Posts: 453
Joined: Fri 08 Jul, 2011 11:28 pm

Post by 1974semifinal » Sat 18 Aug, 2012 8:11 pm

avocadoontoast wrote:Is it time to start considering having Matt Bell start in place of Blair? Silly penalties, low workrate, poor ball control. He's becoming more of a liability every week.

This same topic was raised last week but the OP was flamed for it. From memory one poster incredibly stated that Blair would be the "first player picked" for the game against the Dogs and that the person who commented on Blair's less than impressive form was a "very poor judge of footballer". Surely that view cannot be upheld by any self respecting (or sane) rugby league fan after tonight's performance, can it?

Bell was good tonight. He needs to be given the chance to run out in the starting 13.
avocado..I dont where you are but , you are so right. I have been a critic of Blair since he was signed and received much criticism from people here for my views.. unfortunately I am right. Blair's performance against StGI and C-B were again poor and he continues to put pressure on our other forwards to cover him.

Sheens will not drop him and will continue to defend him because Sheens is a person who cannot admit he made a mistake. He has been seen to do this over the years and continues at this moment with Blair and Benji at halfback.

User avatar
Defiant
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 1058
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 6:54 pm

Post by Defiant » Sun 19 Aug, 2012 9:13 am

Blair was horrible. If they didn't score the 100 metre try started by Barba he would have been sin binned for taking the dog's player out to boot.

Play him at prop like Melbourne otherwise he should not be in FG. Even then i doubt his metres would justify keeping his spot.

1/4 chicken,chips
Member
Member
Posts: 1638
Joined: Sat 30 Jul, 2011 10:28 am

Post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Sun 19 Aug, 2012 9:16 am

avo , and lisa and 1974 to name a few are spot on .
IMO The only place for Blair is on the interchange and to be brought on for the front rowers,let him make an impact by playing tough in the middle , keep him well away from the backline in attack and defence.
Adam Blair is the reason most teams are breaking us out wide because he lacks the pace to be in his current position.
BUT will Mr Sheens make changes ,no way.Because his PRIDE WONT LET HIM

User avatar
kh_canada
Member
Member
Posts: 1731
Joined: Tue 12 Jun, 2012 2:08 pm
Location: Brisbane

Post by kh_canada » Sun 19 Aug, 2012 10:33 am

You know what surprises me is that you can all say "Blair, Moltzen etc. cost us the game!" when really we were in the game the whole time. Those 2 may have played under par but their teammates picked them up from that and played out of their skin to cover (Farah, Woods, Galloway.. Etc.)
That game showed the NRL that we have what it takes and we were unlucky to win it due to the horrible concept that is.. Golden Point.
Our team proved that we are close-knit and support each other through the bad times.
And yes a few players had a bad game but we stayed in it to almost beat the No. 1 team so instead of looking hindsight and picking at all the issues that happened, we should be looking ahead at what we do next week to secure the win


Posted using RoarFEED 2012
The Huth... the Huth... the Huth is on fire

User avatar
1974semifinal
Member
Member
Posts: 453
Joined: Fri 08 Jul, 2011 11:28 pm

Post by 1974semifinal » Sun 19 Aug, 2012 10:42 am

1/4 chicken,chips wrote:avo , and lisa and 1974 to name a few are spot on .
IMO The only place for Blair is on the interchange and to be brought on for the front rowers,let him make an impact by playing tough in the middle , keep him well away from the backline in attack and defence.
Adam Blair is the reason most teams are breaking us out wide because he lacks the pace to be in his current position.
BUT will Mr Sheens make changes ,no way.Because his PRIDE WONT LET HIM

I agree......

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 29732
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Sun 19 Aug, 2012 11:56 am

Still waiting on Blair...dud buy of the year...well in Humpty/Sheens

The enite forwards recruitment retention for this season has been an utter disaster

magpiecol
Member
Member
Posts: 3252
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 3:02 pm

Post by magpiecol » Sun 19 Aug, 2012 12:02 pm

Manly Tiger wrote:
milford_magic wrote: The only thing Ill give him is despite what people say , he does chase every ball, or every break in attack and defence.
He is usually chasing in defence because he has missed a tackle, he is very lazy in defence. Last night he let Barba run right passed him and he didn't even attempt to make a tackle, then he chased hard as the dogs went up the field. he could save himself a lot of energy by just making a tackle. He does this time and time again.

I'd start him of the bench and let Bell run on and see if Blair can have an impact that way as it's not working with him in the run on side. We definitely win the award for worse buy of the year with him.
Did you actually watch the game? Obviously not, as the players who missed Barba were Ayshford and Ellis. Blair was coming across but was in no position to tackle Barba. He then chased for 90 metres. He in fact ran passed our so called fullback who had given up a long way from the post. If you are going to rave on and criticize players, then at least get your facts right.

Post Reply