Adam Blair/Matt Bell

ImageImageImage
User avatar
Flippedy
Member
Member
Posts: 7913
Joined: Mon 19 Oct, 2009 10:58 pm
Location: Central Coast NSW

Re: Adam Blair/Matt Bell

Post by Flippedy » Sun 19 Aug, 2012 8:19 pm

1974semifinal wrote:
Lisa wrote:He is usually chasing in defence becuase he has missed a tackle, he is very lazy in defence. Last night he let Barba run right passed him and he didn't even attempt to make a tackle, then he chased hard as the dogs went up the field. he could save himself alot of energy by just making a tackle. He does this time and time again.

Totally agree, just watch him run beside the opposition instead of going in to tackle, then comes in as 2nd or 3rd man! very lazy but it gets his stats up..Sheens can't drop him cos that would just be admitting that he made a very expensive mistake

Lisa , you may have seen an apology made to myself and you and another person on a previous thread ( Blair blah page 6 ) i instigated by an understanding supporter who initially thought Blair would be IT but realised that he is NOT ..what you say is so right and there is so much more..but some people cannot see this ( thats life ).. also ..Sheens is a person who will not admit he has made a mistake , he has been like this for years.


You know I find it really sad that a man in his position and with his profile cannot admit when he is wrong. And you're right, he has been like this forever! It's hard to have respect for a person like that, it shows a complete lack of character, imo.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen


Manly Tiger

Post by Manly Tiger » Mon 20 Aug, 2012 5:46 pm

magpiecol wrote:
Manly Tiger wrote:
milford_magic wrote: Did you actually watch the game? Obviously not, as the players who missed Barba were Ayshford and Ellis. Blair was coming across but was in no position to tackle Barba. He then chased for 90 metres. He in fact ran passed our so called fullback who had given up a long way from the post. If you are going to rave on and criticize players, then at least get your facts right.
Did I say that Blair was the only one to miss him? You are correct in saying that Ellis and Ashford missed , and they were bad misses at that, however Blair WAS in a position to make a tackle. If he had stuck his arm out he would of touched him and could have and should have made an attempt to tackle him. As Lisa said he runs along side attackers, he does this time and time again.

How many one on one tackles does he make?

There are periods were he does play well but they are short and few and far between. Does he deserve to be in the run on side? In my opinion, No he doesn't. For the money we paid and the players we lost to acquire him I believe the deal has been a failure. But he is here and maybe next season he can turn it around, fingers crossed.

User avatar
clokan
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 608
Joined: Sun 18 Apr, 2010 12:04 am

Post by clokan » Mon 20 Aug, 2012 10:42 pm

Manly Tiger wrote:Did I say that Blair was the only one to miss him? You are correct in saying that Ellis and Ashford missed , and they were bad misses at that, however Blair WAS in a position to make a tackle.
Not unless he has 2 metre long arms

Post Reply