Moltzen hooked?

ImageImageImage
cktiger

Re: Moltzen hooked?

Post by cktiger » Mon 20 Aug, 2012 11:17 am

smeghead wrote:The last point is the sad truth of it.

The terrible start to our sets which can be traced many times to Tims unwillingness to run the ball back straight and/or hard hurts us every game and at the moment Tim does not even play fullback in attack which means we have nobody but occasionally a centre supporting the ruck.

It is a sad state of affairs
This is what I can't fathom.
If he has woken up to the fact he should be closer to the ball why not play him there the whole game and let somebody else sit at the back.
TBH if I was the coach and had Utai and Koro back there with him I 'd be instructing him to give the ball to them to hit it back anyway.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 20 Aug, 2012 11:20 am

So stats don't include letting bombs bounce as an error Dermo (and thats not a joke ,thats for real )

Add all the bombs he has let bounce to those errors and then we can be serious

Also if you read what I said , I said errors per touch , not per game

Most fullbacks in the NRL have far more touches than Moltzen does

And most touches that fullbacks who are worth their salt are positive touches when the hit a ball on the full at speed and are solely concerned with field position not wondering where their wingers are so they can offload

dermo

Post by dermo » Mon 20 Aug, 2012 1:47 pm

happy tiger wrote:So stats don't include letting bombs bounce as an error Dermo (and thats not a joke ,thats for real )

And most touches that fullbacks who are worth their salt are positive touches when the hit a ball on the full at speed and are solely concerned with field position not wondering where their wingers are so they can offload
If we did count bombs let bounce I would say there would be an extra 1 or 2 errors this season, apart from the Broncos game where he let 1 bounce possibly 2? I cant remember another game where hes let one bounce. You do this every time someone produces a stat on Moltzen that goes against what you say, he plays 5/8 in attack for christ sake so hes bound to have an equal if not greater share of the ball than the other fullbacks.

And for the record if YOU had read what I said then would have noticed i acknowledged your request for errors per touch, but i couldnt find the stats on touches per game.

LaT

Post by LaT » Mon 20 Aug, 2012 1:49 pm

Moltzen had 36 receives. Barba had 24.

http://live.nrlstats.com/matches/nrl/match18244.html
TigPies till I die!

I say, I say I resemble that remark!

Sataris

Post by Sataris » Tue 21 Aug, 2012 12:20 am

He's still pretty average.
cunno wrote:Ennis is the koala of the NRL.
Home of the Sataris

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 21 Aug, 2012 12:52 am

dermo wrote:
happy tiger wrote:So stats don't include letting bombs bounce as an error Dermo (and thats not a joke ,thats for real )

If we did count bombs let bounce I would say there would be an extra 1 or 2 errors this season, apart from the Broncos game where he let 1 bounce possibly 2? I cant remember another game where hes let one bounce. You do this every time someone produces a stat on Moltzen that goes against what you say, he plays 5/8 in attack for christ sake so hes bound to have an equal if not greater share of the ball than the other fullbacks.

And for the record if YOU had read what I said then would have noticed i acknowledged your request for errors per touch, but i couldnt find the stats on touches per game.
What I meant was Most fullbacks have more touches than Moltzen does (and I should of added ) as a fullback My bad

So if you couldn't find at stat on what I said , how can I "do this every time someone produces a stat on Moltzen that goes against what i say "

Really over the love for Moltzen as a fullback Rewatched the replay today about the kick off he misses

It actually bounces virtually straight off his chest It barely touches his hands

Like many on here i agree he should probably playing 6 But when people feel sorry for him because he is playing out of position and he is not performing anywhere near what he can (the last 8 games of 2011 ) at fullback he should be copping some flack Same as Benji when he is not performing at 7

You have two choices ,get better or get out

angeman

Post by angeman » Tue 21 Aug, 2012 6:07 am

dermo wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
dermo wrote:Apart from the kick off, I thought he was good under the high ball they tested him early and went well IMO
Yeah you are probably right , but thats the issue "Apart from the kick off'

How often do you see other good fullbacks making mistakes like that when the game is on the line

He does these sort of things or semi regular basis

Error wise he has to be the worse fullback in the NRL on a per touch basis

I can remember Sirro dropping a kick off and Koro has dropped the ball on our line before aswell but neither were ever crucified for those errors like Moltzen is on here, there worth to the team justifies the errors (as it should). But many like you ignore Moltzens worth to the team and simply go on and on about the mistakes he make which are no more than other players

Well according to Nrl stats on an error per game basis hes one of the best actually, I cant find the amount of touches per game so this is all we have to go on:

Moltzen: 17 errors
18 games

Mini: 24 errors
22 games

Inglis: 16 errors
17 games

Coote: 26 errors
22 games

hayne; 13 errors
12 games

locke: 14 errors
14 games

bowen: 33 errors
21 games

Boyd: 15 errors
20 games

Slater: 30 errors
16 games

Stewart: 20 errors
16 games

Zillman: 25 errors
19 games

Wright: 14 errors
19 games

Dugan 23 errors
14 games

Barba 26 errors
22 games

Hoffman 12 errors
20 games
Not everything is about stats. He doesn't put his body on the line in attack or defence but you can't measure that.

Looking at that list of players is have to say we have one of if not the worst fullback in the comp!

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

tiga4eva

Post by tiga4eva » Tue 21 Aug, 2012 7:07 am

smeghead wrote:Great worth as a playmaker

Can make a good try saving tackle.

At all other aspects of fullback play, including defensive line organisation.....pretty disgraceful.

I want him to achieve everything he can and it is as plain as the nose on my face that this will not be done at fullback.

It is not "hating on" Tim Moltzen it is about recognising his strengths and weaknesses as a fullback and wondering why on earth he is being played there at all, especially considering he trained all off season in the halves
When Tedesco went down, if Sheens had put Beau to 1 and left Moltzen at 7. I'll guarantee we are not playing for our season this w/end, we'd be entrenched in the 8.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012