Don't Blame Refs Please!!

ImageImageImage
happy tiger

Re: Don't Blame Refs Please!!

Post by happy tiger » Sat 18 Aug, 2012 2:20 pm

I listened to Grandstand last night and have watched the replay of the game and the Bulldogs try

I will try and explain how Daniel Anderson and David Morrow explained how the try was a 50-50 call

Don't go and shoot the bloody messenger though (Especially you Col ;) )

What Anderson's concern was because Ayshford attempts to tackle the decoy before the ball carrier had passed behind the decoy technically Ayshford has made a misread because the ball carrier can't pass to the decoy as it would be a forward pass and that Ayshford initates the contact .

My argument to that is that Ayshford doesn't have a choice in my opinion

But as I said thats coming from an NRL coach and if anyone has some idea it would be him (Possibly)

The only way this can be fixed is if they ban decoy runners (not going to happen) or if the decoy crosses the path or touches any defender the advantage goes to the defensive team with any call made

If anyone else has any ideas please put them up Happy fingers are getting splinters from scratching his head

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 18 Aug, 2012 3:01 pm

No- youre right, Ayshford had NO choice, the decoy runner made contact with him...Ayshford made no decision, the decoy and Prichard made the decisions.

ABC are lefty twats

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 18 Aug, 2012 3:16 pm

innsaneink wrote:No- youre right, Ayshford had NO choice, the decoy runner made contact with him...Ayshford made no decision, the decoy and Prichard made the decisions.

ABC are lefty twats
Lefty twats Loved it :roll

Be that as it may Ink

What the answer to the decoys , shepherds and interference

The problem is every time we make a rule the Haslers ,Bellamy's and the like go straight out to the technical guys and they find a way around it :bash

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Sat 18 Aug, 2012 3:31 pm

hatin the use of video refs now tbh. they make simple things look so complicated. rule on as to how it looks.. gotta work more on that theory
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble