Don't Blame Refs Please!!

ImageImageImage
cruzer

Re: Don't Blame Refs Please!!

Post by cruzer » Sat 18 Aug, 2012 8:44 am

The calls that most of the fans are angry about were game deciding decisions mate. You keep saying there were other calls that were wrong then so be it, but there were 2 calls that had MAJOR EFFECT on the scoreboard. If those were correctly called we wouldn't have to be in the position of Golden point.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

LCA

Post by LCA » Sat 18 Aug, 2012 8:45 am

Ref's decisions are having a bigger impact on results than ever before. And, what happens when they get it wrong? Maybe dropped for a week or two, but they invariably get reinstated to make more errors. The two referee system, rather than halving the dud calls, has doubled them! The cost for a team when they get it wrong, like a couple of times last night, can be the difference in making the play-offs or not. Why shouldn't they cop it big time?

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 18 Aug, 2012 8:59 am

artful dodger wrote:
sunshine coast tiger wrote:Was at the game and I blame the idiots in pink on the field and in the box for our loss. If I was Sheens I would have walked into the press conference and said the officials are inept and cost us the game and walked out.
Maybe Sheens could also run away from press conferences when we push a pass on first tackle, kick out on the full, & miss simple tackles.
Sheens has been around to long not to understand that bad decisions are made and it cost us.
I wonder if a few extra wins during the season against teams we should of beaten gets us out of this 8th position predicament the cries for bad calls by referees would be so loud

Players dont have the luxury of doing it again if they get it wrong the first time, players also know when they get it wrong....the point of ''oh players make mistakes too'' is a softcock one....HOW MANY TIMES DO YOU SEE A PLAYER PERFORM AN ACTION IN A GAME THAT IS ABSOLUTELY AND OBVIOUSLY IGNORANT OF THE RULES?
BOUNCE A BALL IN FRONT OF HIM?
TOSS A BALL OVER AN OPPONENTS HEAD?
An unintentional error, and ignorance of the playing rules are two very different things!!!

Refs: "The defense was not impeded"
Is Sean Hampstead bloody blind???
Can you and he not see Ayshford IMPEDED?

Swordy

Post by Swordy » Sat 18 Aug, 2012 9:10 am

Players reactions say it all.

There were no more surprised players in the NRL than the Bulldogs after the awarding of the obstruction try.

Those same players were surprised earlier when Farah's try was called NO TRY.

I am annoyed that the referees clearly had different takes on the game last night, and I don't mean different from us fans, I mean different from each other. How a referee can make a call, then change his mind for a video ref call, who then gives it back to him after at very least a benefit of the doubt try is beyond me. How two on field referees and a video referee all have a different idea of the obstruction try is beyond me as well. One ref says try, another says a shepherd, and the third is not sure.

Calls during games of a strip or knock on here, or an offside there happen all season. They go both ways and you cop them on the chin

Last nights referee performance was inept. Maxwell had lost total control of proceedings and does not handle pressure well. Ben Cummins is usually not too bad. Their performance cost a side a win, no doubt. If I was a bulldogs supporter I would have walked away quietly and thought to myself "we seriously got out of jail there".

Every coach puts pressure on referees because they are an easy target, and it takes the heat off their own deficiencies. Des Hasler is the master and that's why the Bulldogs get the rub at the moment.

THE REFS ARE (POST EDITED BY ADMIN) SCARED and have lost control. Simple.
Sunshine Coast resident.
Tigers fan since birth in 1969.
Fond memories of Leichhardt Oval every home game as a kid with my Dad!

artful dodger

Post by artful dodger » Sat 18 Aug, 2012 9:16 am

innsaneink wrote:
artful dodger wrote:
sunshine coast tiger wrote:Was at the game and I blame the idiots in pink on the field and in the box for our loss. If I was Sheens I would have walked into the press conference and said the officials are inept and cost us the game and walked out.
Maybe Sheens could also run away from press conferences when we push a pass on first tackle, kick out on the full, & miss simple tackles.
Sheens has been around to long not to understand that bad decisions are made and it cost us.
I wonder if a few extra wins during the season against teams we should of beaten gets us out of this 8th position predicament the cries for bad calls by referees would be so loud

Players dont have the luxury of doing it again if they get it wrong the first time, players also know when they get it wrong....the point of ''oh players make mistakes too'' is a softcock one....HOW MANY TIMES DO YOU SEE A PLAYER PERFORM AN ACTION IN A GAME THAT IS ABSOLUTELY AND OBVIOUSLY IGNORANT OF THE RULES?
BOUNCE A BALL IN FRONT OF HIM?
TOSS A BALL OVER AN OPPONENTS HEAD?
An unintentional error, and ignorance of the playing rules are two very different things!!!

Refs: "The defense was not impeded"
Is Sean Hampstead bloody blind???
Can you and he not see Ayshford IMPEDED?
[img]http://resources3.news.com.au/images/20 ... epherd.jpg[/img]
I agree you are totally correct it is obvious & there is no need to keep going over they same ground, just seems that we keep blaming others for the predicament we are in, I'm sick of listening to it, let's just get on with it win our next 2 games & put all this ridiculous sulking behind us

VX225

Post by VX225 » Sat 18 Aug, 2012 9:19 am

I agree with Swordy.

I can cop mistakes from the refs in the middle, things happen quickly and they only get 1 look.

What I can't cop is video refs, who have a minute or so and multiple looks at an incident, who still come out with blatantly wrong calls.

andrew 474

Post by andrew 474 » Sat 18 Aug, 2012 9:47 am

the fans , sponsors , club , all have been ripped off by last nights decisions , this clown could be involved in the grand final , , so could the blind twit who had the chance to call the try a try , the only people involved in the match who should be in reserve grade for the rest of the year , are the video ref , and the dope in pink in the middle , and to make it worse , i was sitting with a few mates who are dogs supporters and they even said you lot were ripped offf big time

dermo

Post by dermo » Sat 18 Aug, 2012 11:17 am

If the right decision was made and it was a penalty to us, whose to say we wouldve gone down the other end and won the game? Its a big call to say the refs cost us they game, they had a major influence on it no doubt, but in the first half of golden point that game was there to be won, you have to take your chances in golden point and you can't lay all the blame on the refs when we had to simple shots at a field goal

MKDC1303

Post by MKDC1303 » Sat 18 Aug, 2012 11:20 am

I'm a dedicated and loyal Tigers fan and have been for 30 years...

Like a large number of people, am sick and tired of teams getting a raw deal from dodgy refereeing decisions..

Not just in our games, but across the board. If you witnessed the storm game, there was a very contentious call in that game too, which ultimately decided the contest...

So, if like me, you are disillusioned with the current standard of refereeing in game, and yes its our game, the NRL keep telling us that..then I invite you to joins me in signing this petition.. Will it get us anywhere? unlikely, but we cant sit idle and scream at the TV and vent in forums, we need to be heard..

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/tim ... right.html

Thanks for reading, :sign: :sign: :sign: :sign:
Mike

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Sat 18 Aug, 2012 11:37 am

stryker wrote:
happy tiger wrote:The referees may have made some mistakes

But we should be pointing the finger at our kick \chase

Whats the ONE thing you don't do when marking Barba from your kick chase STAGGERED LINE ??
Exactly, our chase was dreadful and they easily made very good meters most of the night due to it.

The refs made some horrible decisions - both ways - but we had many chances to win tonight and couldnt get the job done..ie our usual play of dropping the restart after a hard fought for try. You cant whinge too much when your team made more stuffups then the refs. Their decisions cost us a 10 point turnaround. Our defense and scratchy attack cost us far more.

"Our defence and scratchy attack?"

22 all at fulltime against the so called best team in the comp. Not bad attack and not bad defence if you ask me. Also consider that Farah had a try disallowed and should have been BOD at least! That try was under the posts and worth another 6 points. As for the Dogs "allowed" try from a blatant shepherd that was worth 4 points.
Do the math. All thing being equal then the Tigers win by 28 to 18.

Not bad for a team that made "more stuff ups than the refs"

Wise up please.

Another couple of points. If Koro had not tripped over his own feet and Marshall plays wide instead of giving Blair a forward pass, another two tries are the result. Yes, sure is terrible attack.

rossop

Post by rossop » Sat 18 Aug, 2012 12:12 pm

The Farah (no) try and the blatant shepard by the Dogs just made me crook. the onfield refs were woeful as well. Twice they called held up and twice they were conjoled into going to the video. Why the Farah try went to refs call is beyond me as it looked like it hit the turf. i thought it would go to benifit of the doubt. The Woods try would have been denied if we hadnt pleaded with the ref to go to video.

We have every right to be angry about the three refs. Whats the bet Harrigan come out and says"we got it wrong"

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 18 Aug, 2012 12:25 pm

I can't stand when people put the blame on the refs, i find it an easy cop out. But on reflection, last night was a totally different story. I've heard a couple people elsewhere say that they have no doubt this game is corrupt, and usually i'd be the first to say they are full of crap, but it really wouldn't surprise me in this instance. Absolute garbage

Post by 851 » Sat 18 Aug, 2012 12:32 pm

What about Reynolds being in front of Keating for the second try,they didn't even check that.
But I also blame Sheens for not having a proper 7,we had enough field position and opportunities to score first try,but very poor options by a bloke playing out of position at 7,cost us,as did the Farah missed field goal,we had 2 great chances to win in GP and failed both times.
Go hard or go home

cunno

Post by cunno » Sat 18 Aug, 2012 12:47 pm

Our blokes played their guts out last night and didn't deserve the poor referring Farahs try is given benefit of the doubt in most other games a joke

rossop

Post by rossop » Sat 18 Aug, 2012 12:50 pm

cunno wrote:Our blokes played their guts out last night and didn't deserve the poor referring Farahs try is given benefit of the doubt in most other games a joke

x2

spongebob2

Post by spongebob2 » Sat 18 Aug, 2012 1:15 pm

We gave it our all against the top ranked team in the comp and lost by one point ! It was a great effort. Farah's no try should have been B.O.D ! They got that wrong ! The try to the dogs(shepherd) was the most ridiculous ruling this year by far..... We were ripped off !!! . Shirt grabbing & missed tackles , benji's last tackle options and kicking game we poor at best , moltzens dropped bomb and the koroibete sniper cost us the game ! I believe in karma and do believe the dogs will get what's coming to them !!!!!!

tiger4ever

Post by tiger4ever » Sat 18 Aug, 2012 2:04 pm

3 trys they got wrong and they all went the bulldogs way...hard not to complain in round 24 when your desperate for a win.

I just dont understand how the bulldogs try wasn't ruled a no try...sheens took it better then most coaches would have.

Shocking decisions.

And i can tell you most on here dont complain about ref decisions..

spongebob2

Post by spongebob2 » Sat 18 Aug, 2012 2:07 pm

Sheens must be dosed up with Valium or something ? He did seem to lose it on the sideline though !