Don't Blame Refs Please!!

ImageImageImage
artful dodger

Don't Blame Refs Please!!

Post by artful dodger » Fri 17 Aug, 2012 10:15 pm

After each origin game we hear coaches/fans question every close decision that may not go there teams way get lambasted by media and fans alike.
Let's not lower ourselves to these standards, I was out there tonight and thought yea there might of been a few dubious decisions go against us but over the course of the year we have had our fair share of calls go our way that on closer inspection may have had us out of the 8,eg round 1 Vs Sharkies.
Lets be measured with our criticism please!!!

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

Stripes96
Location: Where the folks who know about frostiness stay frostiest the most

Post by Stripes96 » Fri 17 Aug, 2012 10:17 pm

Oh no, we wouldn't want to hurt their feelings, would we? That's okay, we'll just have to happy with no points instead of two

Fraze23

Post by Fraze23 » Fri 17 Aug, 2012 10:18 pm

You can't defend the indefensible. Calls were absolutely disgraceful.

underdog

Post by underdog » Fri 17 Aug, 2012 10:20 pm

The refs need to be accountable.

People reckon Marshall is a protected species, they haven't seen anything. The men in Pink may as well be the Men in Black - they are untouchable.

I'll b**** and moan loudly and proudly about the refs until i'm out of breath, since our players and our coach are not allowed to,
Last edited by underdog on Fri 17 Aug, 2012 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by innsaneink » Fri 17 Aug, 2012 10:20 pm

How is questioning - criticising WRONG decisions by officials that have a freeking remote control and can watch replay after bloody replay lowering ourselves??????

Round one was round one....24 bloody weeks ago ....you might feel better that we got the rub then....but the Sharks didnt.

Guess what bud....SOMEONE ALWAYS LOSES! So take your high & mighty moral righteous attitude for a long walk off a short pier eh?

foreveratiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by foreveratiger » Fri 17 Aug, 2012 10:21 pm

artful dodger wrote:After each origin game we hear coaches/fans question every close decision that may not go there teams way get lambasted by media and fans alike.
Let's not lower ourselves to these standards, I was out there tonight and thought yea there might of been a few dubious decisions go against us but over the course of the year we have had our fair share of calls go our way that on closer inspection may have had us out of the 8,eg round 1 Vs Sharkies.

I don't think you quite understand what was at stake tonight . I'll leave it at that
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

tiga4eva

Post by tiga4eva » Fri 17 Aug, 2012 10:22 pm

artful dodger wrote:After each origin game we hear coaches/fans question every close decision that may not go there teams way get lambasted by media and fans alike.

I hate using bad refs as a cop out. But we lost coz of them. 2 horrendous video ref calls both against us. Hampsteads only defense is if he says " I hit the wrong button......twice"

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 17 Aug, 2012 10:23 pm

I think it all comes down to the fact that Fulton has his hand on Pritchard (??) , but then again Ayshford was also impeded

If it was us scoring I probably would of been dirty if it was denied

tigertye

Post by tigertye » Fri 17 Aug, 2012 10:24 pm

innsaneink wrote:How is questioning - criticising WRONG decisions by officials that have a freeking remote control and can watch replay after bloody replay lowering ourselves??????

Round one was round one....24 bloody weeks ago ....you might feel better that we got the rub then....but the Sharks didnt.

Guess what bud....SOMEONE ALWAYS LOSES! So take your high & mighty moral righteous attitude for a long walk off a short pier eh?
Hell yeah Ink. I was also at the game, and the dogs were playing 8-9 metres all night. Half of them were nowhere near the 10 all night. And I'm talking 3-4 times each set. How hard is it for a ref to look from side to side? They don't need to be looking at the ruck, that's what the pocket refs for. The touchies should get a job at Maccas

Flippedy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Flippedy » Fri 17 Aug, 2012 10:26 pm

Our season was destroyed by these incompetents tonight - I have every right to be bloody mad!
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

artful dodger

Post by artful dodger » Fri 17 Aug, 2012 10:27 pm

Stripes96 wrote:Oh no, we wouldn't want to hurt their feelings, would we? That's okay, we'll just have to happy with no points instead of two

My friend this is type of rhetoric we can leave to other clubs, there are things during a game we can control other thing (refs decision) we can't, don't get me wrong I think the try that was given after the obstruction was no try, but referees interpretations can be questioned but never really changed, let's look @ the 1% parts Of our own game before we point blame ok

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by innsaneink » Fri 17 Aug, 2012 10:27 pm

Great troll thread - A1

Twodogs

Post by Twodogs » Fri 17 Aug, 2012 10:28 pm

tigertye wrote:
innsaneink wrote:How is questioning - criticising WRONG decisions by officials that have a freeking remote control and can watch replay after bloody replay lowering ourselves??????

Hell yeah Ink. I was also at the game, and the dogs were playing 8-9 metres all night. Half of them were nowhere near the 10 all night. And I'm talking 3-4 times each set. How hard is it for a ref to look from side to side? They don't need to be looking at the ruck, that's what the pocket refs for. The touchies should get a job at Maccas

Because Harrigan "interprets" rules.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 17 Aug, 2012 10:30 pm

Flippedy wrote:Our season was destroyed by these incompetents tonight - I have every right to be bloody mad!

Yes Moltzen was his usual self wasn't he :brick:

"G'day Mr Doust its Mr Humphrey's here , are you still interested in Tim Moltzen "

"Peter ,Peter are you still there Peter ??"

regit

Post by regit » Fri 17 Aug, 2012 10:30 pm

I'm dirty as, bugger the refs. It was always a tough ask to beat the dogs. which we did tonight! Just two bad calls from the refs hands them the 2 points. SPEWING!

westy81
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by westy81 » Fri 17 Aug, 2012 10:31 pm

I don't whinge about the refs normally, but after tonight when they awarded that obstruction try to the dogs, I think all the refs should Go back to refs school and learn
The game all from the start

GO THE TIGERS !!!!

Twodogs

Post by Twodogs » Fri 17 Aug, 2012 10:32 pm

Jason Taylor wrote a huge article on how Bulldogs were deliberately shepherding and impeding defenders. They go and do it blatantly and after 50 replays still get it wrong.

Harrigan has ruined refereeing with his "interpretations". He should be sacked.

diedpretty

Post by diedpretty » Fri 17 Aug, 2012 10:33 pm

Your kidding aren't you!! The referees were disgraceful. Oh and by the way i'm sick and tired of hearing about Cronulla - what about the blatant knock on by their fullback 10 mtrs out that probably would have led to a WT try and an extra 6 points and huge momentum.