How was that not a try!

ImageImageImage
Snake

How was that not a try!

Post by Snake » Sat 18 Aug, 2012 9:52 am

Been watching Fox all year so heaps of games ..no one can tell me why Farah's try wasn't benefit of the doubt when the first few frames you had no indication of where the ball was his arms and body were close enough to the ground to have doubt! that try should of been awarded with what I have seen awarded this season in the same seniorio .My view is with Hasler complaining re Refs so publicly every body will now get the rub of the green smart man that Hasler.

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Sat 18 Aug, 2012 9:55 am

Try any other day. Not us. No benefit of the doubt.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

RatedRKO

Post by RatedRKO » Sat 18 Aug, 2012 9:57 am

Dogs were meant to win that game. Maxwell called held up on Woods when he was in perfect position to see it was a try. He only went to the video ref after being harassed.

Robbie's should have been BOTD at the least.

Snake

Post by Snake » Sat 18 Aug, 2012 10:04 am

RatedRKO wrote:Dogs were meant to win that game. Maxwell called held up on Woods when he was in perfect position to see it was a try. He only went to the video ref after being harassed.

Robbie's should have been BOTD at the least.
There is something a bit odd about it all last night to be frank ... and that not because I support the Tigers either.A mate who supports some else thought a lot going on was a bit suss.

saundo1982

Post by saundo1982 » Sat 18 Aug, 2012 10:32 am

As I've posted before I believe the video ref made his call based on maxwell's initial decision of held up. Had maxwell gone straight to the video it was try benefit of the doubt, but when the video never clearly showed the ball down an there was doubt the easy option was refs call.

On the woods case same thing but video showed clearly it was a try. Had there been a little doubt and not so clear it would been regs call and no try as well.

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Sat 18 Aug, 2012 10:34 am

Yup.

Maxwell gave the Video Reff an easy out, easier to make that call, that way it is on Maxwell and not him

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sat 18 Aug, 2012 10:40 am

I disagree, those ones always go to refs call.

you know who

Post by you know who » Sat 18 Aug, 2012 10:53 am

mr bean hates us as his grand father was involved with balmain he always give us dud decisions why doesnt somebody go out and get him hes a useless so and so

beachtiger

Post by beachtiger » Sat 18 Aug, 2012 11:00 am

I don't think you can blame the video ref, you can clearly hear Maxwell say to him when he sends it up "I'm certain it was held up".

The only way that could have been awarded by the video ref after getting those instructions was to clearly see the ball hit the ground which by all replays you can't.

If the onfield ref hadn't claimed it was held up then benefit of the doubt would have been awarded every time, should have been a try!

tigerbenji

Post by tigerbenji » Sat 18 Aug, 2012 11:02 am

We have struggled all year but i was proud of the boys last night, I cant understand the refs call on Robbies try & also the dogs try where even Sterlo said no try. This sort of thing is going on every week & there interpretation changes every week.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 18 Aug, 2012 2:13 pm

smeghead wrote:Yup.

Maxwell gave the Video Reff an easy out, easier to make that call, that way it is on Maxwell and not him
Add the fact he arrived on the scene very late as well.
It really does my head in.

And then you get the arrogant - ''we are correct'' attitude after wards, makes me feel very agitated & violent.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 18 Aug, 2012 2:29 pm

It was a try

If Farah wasn't able to get the ball down or as someone I have heard this morning say that the thing you see isn't the ball from the left side

If you can't see the ball from the left hand view you should be able to see the ball in the right hand side view and you can't

So the view from the left hand side is the ball that you can see and is therefore a try

A few refs should be getting docked this week , but still we should not of needed it We bombed a lot of tries in the first half and our kick chase wasn't up to scratch and that is where we lost the game

Game of inches most certainly ,Koroibete manages to keep his footing and we score under the posts and Benji converts instead of scoring out wide and Benji missing

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Sat 18 Aug, 2012 3:21 pm

All I know is that we had mistakes, some howling ones, with Robert Finch at the helm but you at least thought there was improvement and not the same mistakes being made week after week with a different excuse each time. That and there wasn't as much gibbering from the officials on the field.

You can see through who has been promoted through various levels of the game that the arrogance and grandstanding of one of the reffs coaches has well and truly become the norm and it is disgusting.

i used to think I had a skewed view of Hollywood because of the 89 Grand Final but after witnessing his tenure at the top and the smug excuses and mockery of questions given on 2SM I know now that my initial thoughts were right.

Utter cancer on the game

saundo1982

Post by saundo1982 » Sat 18 Aug, 2012 4:55 pm

MacDougall wrote:I disagree, those ones always go to refs call.
I can't remember very many calls in season past going to refs call. It very rarely happens.
Under the current rules it was at very least benefit of the doubt. That said its a stupid rule close enough shouldn't be good enough it should be proved 100% that the try is scored after all that is the object of the game.

IMO there should be 3 outcomes from a video ref:
1: footage clearly shows ball on ground = try.
2: ball clearly not grounded correctly or other infringement committed( offside etc) =no try.
3: inconclusive footage= refs call.

No benefit of doubt or if there is perhaps really should go for the defending team, as I said close enough shouldn't be seen as good enough.

clokan
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by clokan » Sat 18 Aug, 2012 7:20 pm

Maxwell was never in a position to see the try and should not have given the video ref the easy out, poor refereeing by Maxwell and by the video ref who went on to greater thing with his interpretation of obstruction.

I have never been as gutted after a round game as I was last night, Sure we squandered our opportunities to win in extra time, but the game should have been over in 80. Lets just hope we meet the Dogs in the GF and get some back.

hudsonsmith

Post by hudsonsmith » Sat 18 Aug, 2012 11:39 pm

On Farah's first no try, from the replay it looked good to me and certainly deserved no worse than a benefit of the doubt. By comparison have a look at Peats(Souths) first try against the Tigers a few weeks ago. Any day of the week that is a least a benefit of the doubt. The problem has arisen with the referee calling held up and then going to video ref. Did the video ref give a true decision or one that made the on field referee look less stupid.
Re Jonathon Wrights try , when all channel 9 commentators agree in unison that an obstruction has occurred that is good enough for me. Totally incompetent decision.
It is a shame a good game has been marred again by poor decisions of officials. It robs one team of a win and the winning team of a complete victory.

sunshine coast tiger

Post by sunshine coast tiger » Sun 19 Aug, 2012 8:38 am

More should be made of Maxwell poor positioning to say held up and tell the video ref. I hope some one asks Bill about it. For mine Maxwell should be dropped for the rest of the year based on his 2 wrong held up calls.

1/4 chicken,chips

Post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Sun 19 Aug, 2012 8:47 am

innsaneink wrote:

Add the fact he arrived on the scene very late as well.
It really does my head in.

And then you get the arrogant - ''we are correct'' attitude after wards, makes me feel very agitated & violent.
Ditto INK HE WASNT sighted off nobbys ,and he got there after the grounding .you could see the grounding befroe he arrived and it was a 12 point turnaround
imo there wasnt any doubt.I was at state cup yesterday and everyone except the DOGS supporters called the game a rort and the better side had lost,and that we dominated their forwards .but hey thats modern rugby league isnt it