NRL DISGRACE!!!!!!

ImageImageImage
1974semifinal

Re: NRL DISGRACE!!!!!!

Post by 1974semifinal » Sun 19 Aug, 2012 5:19 pm

1/4 chicken,chips wrote:teams that are going good seem to get the rub of the green,we unfortunately are not good enough to overcome the bad calls.
Farahs try was a try ,1 of dogs try came off a metre forward pass .o and the SHEPHERD.
BUT what angers me the most from friday nights game is just how inept Adam Blair is .Disect our game through poor refereeing ,but look deep into Blairs game.Blair cost us the game in many plays .Why is he playing out wide when he clearly does not have the pace to compete with the centres and other back rowers ,he comes up to make a super hit and gets left floundering which leaves the gap and therefore the break ,and he did it on numerous occasions . Play him prop off the interchange or leave him right out ,or better still release him because he isnt worth a zac to us in his whole seasons form.
Referees are like parking cops and Rangers ,nobody likes them so they hang around with each other .Hence they dont give a stuff about getting it wrong.

I have said this just recently..we are carrying a forward and we cant afford to do this. Just imagine Bell in Blair's spot. Look at Bell's workrate...I have to stop.. i have never been more annoyed with a player in the team I support.Just get rid of him..

kh_canada

Post by kh_canada » Sun 19 Aug, 2012 6:07 pm

A couple of your points are arguable. But for the most part those decisions were blatantly obvious.
Refereeing is at the worst it's been for a while now. You'd think with all the technology we have these days that it'd be easy.
And all the tries this year that have had dodgy camera angles and they haven't thought of placing another camera in there? Jeeezzz
The Huth... the Huth... the Huth is on fire

genoshan

Post by genoshan » Sun 19 Aug, 2012 6:20 pm

I have never been a big fan of the video ref to begin with, but after that match, I was thinking how originally both tries were called held up by the ref, then he checked them. Without the video ref woods' try would not have been...

I think the reason I dislike the video ref, is that they still seem to get it wrong so often,

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Sun 19 Aug, 2012 6:28 pm

Maxwell came in late and on the wrong side and still was willing to call held up and if the guy upstairs had gone back to him on woods try he would have made the same call. Appalling Call, as for the obstruction ruling another appalling call but if we played with the same passion most weeks it may had cost us top place!!!

Wagga Tiger

Post by Wagga Tiger » Sun 19 Aug, 2012 6:40 pm

It's amazing how some crappy ref decisions costing us the game turns into Adam Blair costing us the game, what a total load of bulls#@t. I know he has not been brilliant this year but none of the dogs tries were his fault, he chased his guts out on two of those runaway tries.It seems people want a scapegoat and the new boy is it along with Moltz

kh_canada

Post by kh_canada » Sun 19 Aug, 2012 7:43 pm

^ Exactly. This thread is directed at refs yet we still make it about Blair and how he cost us the game... :roll:
The Huth... the Huth... the Huth is on fire

cunno

Post by cunno » Sun 19 Aug, 2012 7:56 pm

Posted using RoarFEED 2012[/quote]

No it won't get us the 2 points, but hopefully enough complaining may actually get things changed, probably not for this year but hopefully next year.

There's just no way, no way, that the video ref should get things blatantly wrong.[/quote]
Mate nothing will change are you for real, all it does like I said is have an adverse effect refs interpretations

Posted using RoarFEED 2012[/quote]

Well hopefully it will change if they introduce the Captains Call or whatever it is they are going to call it.

It's a current blight on the game and I'm sure the powers that be wouldn't like it to continue.[/quote]

I don't know about that, if the captains call goes to the video ref we are not much better off based on the way they are making decisions.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 19 Aug, 2012 8:13 pm

The referees who are showing signs of being good are getting a shot

Perenara for example looks like he could be good with some more experience in top grade

cunno

Post by cunno » Sun 19 Aug, 2012 8:15 pm

happy tiger wrote:The referees who are showing signs of being good are getting a shot

Perenara for example looks like he could be good with some more experience in top grade
As long as he doesn't get Hartley sorry maxwell as a mentor he will stand a chance.

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Mon 20 Aug, 2012 8:31 am

Happy is onto something, but it would have some serious conscequences and not look favourably upon the 'first' player or team to take such drastic action. While not in the spirit of the game, at what stage do the players say enough is enough?

Administration, CEO's & Referee's are just part of the structure, and the biggest comodity the NRL has is the Players.... The first 3 can be played out off the pitch, before/after, and ongoing so its not such a big thing for these matters to become political and carry on for years.

If players take a stand against poor refereeing, the NRL will have no choice but to act... No Players, No Income!!!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 20 Aug, 2012 9:29 am

Watto I'd take it one step further

If Hollywood is still in charge at the start of 2013 all clubs and their CEO's if they are serious should all agree to not play Round 1 or only play their NSW Cup or Feeder teams

And if anyone should be allowed to sack him it should be Gordon Tallis :lol:

"Just Go" :roll

Qlders would love it anyway

RMS

Post by RMS » Mon 20 Aug, 2012 9:52 am

Lok the refs werent great, of course you can argue that they cost us the game. Truth is ddespite the poor calls, we had a chance to ice it in the 83rd min, missed the FG, the rest is history. Hopefully, Mr Farah can play through the fracture because based on what i saw on Friday and the week to week improvement from the last 3 games - we can do some damage in the finals.

clokan
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by clokan » Mon 20 Aug, 2012 10:29 pm

On NRL.com
"Referees co-coach Bill Harrigan has conceded a controversial try awarded to Jonathan Wright in the Bulldogs 23-22 win over the Wests Tigers on Friday night should not have been awarded."

"Harrigan revealed to NRL.com in a filmed edition of the Official View that he had taken the extraordinary step of organising a two-hour meeting with his whistle-blowers to clarify the obstruction interpretation."

Harrigan alluded that the video ref made the right decision regarding the Farah (held up) try, "he didn't have all the evidence and had to send it back as refs call". I think the only reason that it was called "ref call" was because Maxwell called held up, if he just sent it up to check the grounding it would have been given benefit of the doubt.

Anyway the referees had a two hour meeting to review the issues, especially what is and isn't an obstruction, does help us though.

tigertye

Post by tigertye » Mon 20 Aug, 2012 11:27 pm

clokan wrote:On NRL.com
"Referees co-coach Bill Harrigan has conceded a controversial try awarded to Jonathan Wright in the Bulldogs 23-22 win over the Wests Tigers on Friday night should not have been awarded."

"Harrigan revealed to NRL.com in a filmed edition of the Official View that he had taken the extraordinary step of organising a two-hour meeting with his whistle-blowers to clarify the obstruction interpretation."

Harrigan alluded that the video ref made the right decision regarding the Farah (held up) try, "he didn't have all the evidence and had to send it back as refs call". I think the only reason that it was called "ref call" was because Maxwell called held up, if he just sent it up to check the grounding it would have been given benefit of the doubt.

Anyway the referees had a two hour meeting to review the issues, especially what is and isn't an obstruction, does help us though.
I noticed this article as well, nice that the refs know what their doing, but it would be nice to let the fans know also what they have decided on in terms of what is and isn't an obstruction!

Guess we'll all have to wait and see when one happens and see how they respond then just hope for consistency!

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

Marshall_magic

Post by Marshall_magic » Tue 21 Aug, 2012 12:12 am

happy tiger wrote:The referees who are showing signs of being good are getting a shot

If you can't remember who reffed a game 20 minutes later it means the ref has done a good job. However that goes against everything Harrigan stands for as a ref. The clown is so deluded he probably believes people go to the game to watch the ref. How the man is still involved in the game, let alone in such a key position is beyond me. He has taken 2 of the most black and white rules in the game (grounding a ball and obstruction plays) and completely ruined them both. I have never seen someone so incompetent at their job keep it for so long.

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Tue 21 Aug, 2012 7:31 am

Sean Hampstead has been stood down apparently

tw33k

Post by tw33k » Tue 21 Aug, 2012 7:44 am

Tigerdave wrote:Sean Hampstead has been stood down apparently
Source?